• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Experience 2016 Coming to Anaheim on December 3-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jingo

Always funny to watch people getting high hopes for reveals, its like a bad relationship we know it will never get better but we keep believing.

Horizon zero dawn trailer
Last guardian trailer
Playstation vr 30 min display
Some old game remaster
Indies

Glad they are having it again this year. I actually have the time and money to go this year, but not really sure I want to drop about $500 on travel/hotels just to stay in Anaheim. Maybe if it was in Vegas or SF or the East coast lol. We'll see though, I would really love to go...

Skeeter49

I hope this is more like 2014's, where there was a big first party/ second party focus, not in new reveals though Sony Santa Monica and Sony San Diego did have a few, but in just updates on the games. I liked that, and it was lacking in last years show. 2014 PSX had a very small multiplat third party presence as well, just Destiny and Batman if I remember right. The different between 2014's and 2015's keynotes were actually pretty jarring, it's why I don't agree 2014's keynote should have set our expectations for future PSX's.

silva1991

Always funny to watch people getting high hopes for reveals, its like a bad relationship we know it will never get better but we keep believing.

Last guardian trailer
Some old game remaster
Indies

Oh yeah the game is coming 2 days after PSX. I'm expecting a launch trailer unless they release that a week before release.

Last guardian trailer
Some old game remaster
Indies

Well, we already know that Dynasty Warriors 9 will more than likely be announced at the event.

Last guardian trailer
Some old game remaster
Indies

They announced SF V in the first PSX and Ni No Kuni 2 in the second one. So I also have high hopes for this one.

specdot

Wait, i'm out of the loop. Were there people doubting this would be a thing again?
There's been a thread questioning whether it would take place 2 years running now. Here's hoping it becomes a Gaf tradition. lol.

I'd love to see this, but in the past there haven't been many community panels at PSX and if you've only got one slot for such a panel, you'll likely give it to Kinda Funny.
Yeah but the Kinda Funny guys will probably think it won't be worth it to go. ;)

iamvin22

Industry Verified
Lol.... Well this is something, from what I was told.... Hope yall love some southern bbq. Romo took the L for a reason ;)

Just wanted to remind everyone not to get your hopes up for FF7 remake. Nomura said we wouldnt see it again until World of Final Fantasy and Kingdom hearts 2.8 are shipped. 2.8 got delayed to January and they probably dont want to overshadow FFXV in its first week by showing 7 footage.

Jacob4815

- New God of War demo with an epic boss battle.
- Uncharted 4 DLC, with amazing setpiece
- Last of Us 2 teaser.

Please!!!!!!!!

androvsky

Last guardian trailer
Some old game remaster
Indies

Some old game remaster and indies are my favorite regular parts (and unfortunately missing from E3 this year), throw in 30 minutes of new PS VR games and I'd be thrilled. Of course last year we got the reveals for Ace Combat 7 + VR and Ni No Kuni 2, which were both pretty huge.

Ray Down

Banned
Just wanted to remind everyone not to get your hopes up for FF7 remake. Nomura said we wouldnt see it again until World of Final Fantasy and Kingdom hearts 2.8 are shipped. 2.8 got delayed to January and they probably dont want to overshadow FFXV in its first week by showing 7 footage.

Yeah shit may have gotten shifted around due to XV delay.

Really only expecting KH3, but even then I don't know how much since Jump Festa is also that month and KH normally has something for that.

Gray Matter

Why don't they have this on the east coast for once?

Maybe people who can't afford hotel/flights and live close can go this time.

AudioEppa

Can't wait to watch it again. Hopefully one day I can go.

Also it would be pretty cool if Easy A got partnership deal with them this year, not saying there's anything wrong with Kinda Funny. Just a change up.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Hopefully KH3 and FF7R are at this thing, since Nomura said that winter would be the time we see KH3 again, and Nomura said we would not see FF7R again until 2.8 and WOFF are out, which will hit that deadline already. 2.8's delay should not effect new information since its just a schedule discrepancy

I expect to see a blow out for Horizon as it releases early next year.

What I want to see: JRPGs, Yakuza Kiwami, Demon's Souls PS4, Let it Die, Kingdom Come Deliverance, Watam, and that game sets in Netherlands(?) where you can control cat.I totally forget the name.

- New God of War demo with an epic boss battle.
- Uncharted 4 DLC, with amazing setpiece
- Last of Us 2 teaser.

Please!!!!!!!!

These two on the same night at PSX?
tumblr_lyyh5s73JG1rn95k2o1_400.gif

Memento

OH MY.

Prediction time!:

- Ni no Kuni II (New trailer with gameplay reveal)

- Days Gone (New gameplay demo)

- Detroit (New trailer revealing a new playable character)

- Uncharted 4 Single Player DLC (Announcement trailer)

- Gran Turismo Sports (New gameplay demo on PSVR running on Pro)

- The Last Guardian (Launch Trailer)

- Horizon (New gameplay demo showing new area and new robot dino)

- Persona 5 (New trailer in english)

- Deep Down (Re-reveal trailer, looks like a new game *cough* Dragons Dogma 2 *cough*)

- Resident Evil 7 (New gameplay demo on PSVR running on Pro)

- Nier Automata (New trailer)

- Wild (Release date trailer)

- Demon's Souls Remastered (Announcement Trailer)

- Crash Bandicoot Trilogy Remastered (Gameplay footage trailer)

God of War, Spider Man and Sucker Punch's new IP will be saved for E3 2017.

Final Fantasy VII Remake and Kingdom Hearts III are wild cards. I think they could definitely show up.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Also, i don't see why FF7R trailer would hurt FF15 momentum? Would that not have the opposite effect? Or no effect since we're talking about a trailer and information, not a release date.

I think if the notion that FF7R would hurt FF15's momentum had any weight, they would not be able to show any info at all before FF15 was launched.

Shadoken

OH MY.

Prediction time!:

- Ni no Kuni II (New trailer with gameplay reveal)

- Days Gone (New gameplay demo)

- Detroit (New trailer revealing a new playable character)

- Uncharted 4 Single Player DLC (Announcement trailer)

- Gran Turismo Sports (New gameplay demo on PSVR running on Pro)

- The Last Guardian (Launch Trailer)

- Horizon (New gameplay demo showing new area and new robot dino)

- Persona 5 (New trailer in english)

- Deep Down (Re-reveal trailer, looks like a new game *cough* Dragons Dogma 2 *cough*)

- Resident Evil 7 (New gameplay demo on PSVR running on Pro)

- Nier Automata (New trailer)

- Wild (Release date trailer)

- Demon's Souls Remastered (Announcement Trailer)

- Crash Bandicoot Trilogy Remastered (Gameplay footage trailer)

God of War, Spider Man and Sucker Punch's new IP will be saved for E3 2017.

Final Fantasy VII Remake and Kingdom Hearts III are wild cards. I think they could definitely show up.

I think Deep Down is dead and kinda iff on the Demon Souls remaster , is there something hinting it?

But add to that

- PS4 Pro Segment ( some of the older games now in Pro Mode ).

- Shenmue 3 Trailer ( Its been 1.5 years since it started , they must have SOMETHING to show now )

- SF V Season 2 DLC ( Capcom Cup finale will have some actual gameplay footage )

Ray Down

Banned
I think Deep Down is dead and kinda iff on the Demon Souls remaster , is there something hinting it?

But add to that

- PS4 Pro Segment ( some of the older games now in Pro Mode ).

- Shenmue 3 Trailer ( Its been 1.5 years since it started , they must have SOMETHING to show now )

- SF V Season 2 DLC ( Capcom Cup finale will have some actual gameplay footage )

Dead Down was confirmed to be alive in the original Pro thread.

DMONKUMA

Imagine if Fromsoft announced a new Armored Core at the event. :D

With it having a VR mission or being VR compatible.

Sesha

DMC5 troll before a E3 reveal. Let's go!

For real, I know DMC5 won't be there, so I honestly don't expect anything. I don't know anything I want that I think will be there. Miyazaki's new game won't be there. There's FF7R footage, SFV season 2, I guess. I'm just not very enthused by it.

Persona 5, NieR Automata and Nioh are all coming next year. Outside of DMC5, I think I'm good.

Sigh...freaking Capcom. :/
At this point, we'll get a DMC5 reveal the same time we'll get a new Red Dead reveal.

So not too far in the near future?

E3 it is, then.

BadWolf

Yeah it's not like we got SFV and Ace Combat 7 reveals at PSX, FF7R gameplay etc.

No idea why anyone would expect anything big out of the event, no sir.

Ray Down

Banned
DMC5 troll before a E3 reveal. Let's go!

For real, I know DMC5 won't be there, so I honestly don't expect anything. I don't know anything I want that I think will be there. Miyazaki's new game won't be there. There's FF7R footage, SFV season 2, I guess. I'm just not very enthused by it.

Persona 5, NieR Automata and Nioh are all coming next year. Outside of DMC5, I think I'm good.

E3 it is, then.

Sony has barely done anything with P5 outside of the PS4 announcement and confirming it for NA at their events. I really doubt they will show anything, marketing this is all on atlus.

Gray Matter

Everyone is going to be in the same area for the game awards/PSx. It just kind of works out for everyone that way.

Oh, forgot about the game awards.

But still, it'd be cool if both were on separate sides of the country so like that more people could go, but I understand it's a nuisance for the press.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom