• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | June 2015

Shizuka

Danganronpa Another Episode limited edition stock is under 50%, guys.

TOTP: Buy Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy, strong contender for Vita GOTY.

SerTapTap

Sen seems to be confirmed. Fall for PS3 & Vita
Also EDF 4.1 for PS4
Also Estival Versus

I can't

Dear god XSEED is amazing. Definitely recommend the PS4 version of Estival Versus. Will double dip so I can actually understand the story. Plays/performs/looks fantastic.

Damn, can't keep putting off these LE orders.

If you want it, get it. I've missed too many figure preorders already to waffle around when I see an LE for a series I want for a price I can pay.

Dear god XSEED is amazing. Definitely recommend the PS4 version of Estival Versus. Will double dip so I can actually understand the story. Plays/performs/looks fantastic.

I don't know if I'm more hyped for Cold Steel on Vita or EV on PS4. Both are going to be amazing. I hope they won't have to change too much in EV.

At this rate for 2016, I'm expecting XSEED's vita titles will be Tokyo Xanadu, Ys8 and possibly Sen no kiseki 3.

Bullet girls might also come but it will just be banned here anyway.

N° 2048

Christ almighty, Danganronpa 1 is my first Vita game and I am only 13 hours in.
Then Rebirth 2 (and 3), Freedom Wars, Persona 4 and the rest of the Danganronpa series.

Also Gravity Rush.

So many games, my head is going to explode.

Shizuka

At this rate for 2016, I'm expecting XSEED's vita titles will be Tokyo Xanadu, Ys8 and possibly Sen no kiseki 3.

Bullet girls might also come but it will just be banned here anyway.

Do you mean Trails of Cold Steel II? The rumored third game didn't get announced for Japan yet, it's maybe a 2018 title for the West, at the earliest.

SerTapTap

I go for order of necessity: NISA > Aksys/XSEED > Atlus. Never IFI.

I see you'll never forgive them for the Amazon thing

I don't know if I'm more hyped for Cold Steel on Vita or EV on PS4. Both are going to be amazing. I hope they won't have to change too much in EV.

Have they had to change anything in any of the other games? Other than the "nude glitch" (read: barbie dolls) which they had to patch in Japan anyway, I can't imagine what of the content they'd really need to cut out. There's more fanservice than Shinovi, but it's mostly in how it's more properly integrated into the gameplay. If Shinovi's "not quite nudity" was alright I can't see them needing to censor it. None of the content reminds me of the sort of games that tend to get banned for instance.

Christ almighty, Danganronpa 1 is my first Vita game and I am only 13 hours in.
Then Rebirth 2 (and 3), Freedom Wars, Persona 4 and the rest of the Danganronpa series.

Also Gravity Rush.

So many games, my head is going to explode.

If you actually manage to play all of those before playing Dangan Ronpa 2 I envy your fortitude, I immediately bought and played 2 after 1.

Khronico

Ugh I'm dumb and forgot to pre order Operation Abyss last week. Rectified the situation but now no day one shipping for me =/

Hikami

Just remembered that Tales of Festival is this weekend..

So much stuff happening and E3 isn't even here yet

Do you mean Trails of Cold Steel II? The rumored third game didn't get announced for Japan yet, it's maybe a 2018 title for the West, at the earliest.

Replace it with IA/VT then. Hopefully they can iron out the huge hurdle that will kill IA's chance in the West (music licensing).
Just remembered that Tales of Festival is this weekend..

So much stuff happening and E3 isn't even here yet
So your telling me Tales of Innocence can leave Japan too? Oh noes...

Vylash

Hello I had a dream that I was playing Sen no Kiseki in english and I woke up to discover that my dream will be a reality and I've never been happier

Drew this to hype you folks up for Bloodstained:

Nmc3DKw.jpg

Look at that lovely smile guys.
I'm awful with female anatomy, it's a but janky but you get the idea.

Tizoc

Wait I have Pinball Arcade as a Plus freebie and have it on my Vita, but I don't see the same tables available for play on PS4, what gives?

RK128

Wow that is a great drawing Names :D! Impressive line work and detail :).

I would back it...but I really don't like using Kickstarter :l. Just prefer giving money to the developers through my cash/PSN credit when it fully comes out ala Shovel Knight; getting the end product is a lot better then investing into the product.

It puts you in the mindset that you are 'working on' the game, which you really aren't, just giving some money helping it come to life. Getting into that mindest is dangerous (just look at Mighty No. 9 for example; people got hyped up for the original concept are then the saw what the game really looks like....many got disappointed :l).

Didn't mean to be a downer, but thats my thoughts on Kickstarter :l. Can't wait to buy this though, as looks like a lot of fun :D.

Tohsaka

They haven't changed anything so far other than omitting the characters' ages in their profiles, it should be fine.

Wait I have Pinball Arcade as a Plus freebie and have it on my Vita, but I don't see the same tables available for play on PS4, what gives?

You gotta rebuy Pinball Arcade tables for PS4. I think you get a discount if you bought it before. Zen Pinball gives you the PS4 version for no extra charge. Just gotta buy PS3/Vita but buying PS4 doesn't give you PS3/Vita.

Tizoc

You gotta rebuy Pinball Arcade tables for PS4. I think you get a discount if you bought it before. Zen Pinball gives you the PS4 version for no extra charge. Just gotta buy PS3/Vita but buying PS4 doesn't give you PS3/Vita.

Ah I see thanks for clearing it up then. I take it PA PS4 only offers Arabian Nights Table for free?

Ah I see thanks for clearing it up then. I take it PA PS4 only offers Arabian Nights Table for free?

Oh is it Arabian Nights? That's a pretty good table for free. I gave up on Pinball Arcade as the were going bottom of the barrel on their seasons and I am not rebuying. Zen Pinball tables have gotten so much better. Love most of their Star Wars ones.

Wow that is a great drawing Names :D! Impressive line work and detail :).

I would back it...but I really don't like using Kickstarter :l. Just prefer giving money to the developers through my cash/PSN credit when it fully comes out ala Shovel Knight; getting the end product is a lot better then investing into the product.

It puts you in the mindset that you are 'working on' the game, which you really aren't, just giving some money helping it come to life. Getting into that mindest is dangerous (just look at Mighty No. 9 for example; people got hyped up for the original concept are then the saw what the game really looks like....many got disappointed :l).

Didn't mean to be a downer, but thats my thoughts on Kickstarter :l. Can't wait to buy this though, as looks like a lot of fun :D.

Heh thanks! I understand being apprehensive about it, here I am throwing $100 at it though.

My RCR Vita copy finally arrived! I'm very dissatisfied with Fangamer with their shipping policy to Mexico, but at least they gave me a pin... so I got that going for me, which is nice.

Is the word Conglaturation a typo or a reference to something?

Arthos

Went to Best Buy and they had Operation Abyss out already. I was tempted to buy it. Not sure if the system would even allow it. :l

SerTapTap

My RCR Vita copy finally arrived! I'm very dissatisfied with Fangamer with their shipping policy to Mexico, but at least they gave me a pin... so I got that going for me, which is nice.

Is the word Conglaturation a typo or a reference to something?

Yes, the game loves it's retro references and there are a good number of old Japanese arcade/console games that misspell "congratulations" on "you win" screens in a surprising variety of ways

Zhao_Yun

Sooo happy that Sen no Kiseki I and II will come to the West. Definitely Day One for me. Vita doing good for a legacy console :p

hawk2025

Wasn't quite sure where to post this --

Is there a comprehensive thread for recommendations in getting a new hard drive for the PS4?

I seem hopelessly stuck in deciding between a 1TB SSHD and just getting a 2TB HDD. (Is there a 2TB SSHD out there, by the way?).

Thanks!

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

AsfaeksBR

So, Danganronpa is truly amazing. On chapter 3 right now, and it's only getting better.
Is Danganronpa 2 as good as? Is D2' cast as likeable? Really hoping it'll show up in a flash soon, really want to complete both before Another Episode drops.

I actually have no idea what AE is about and what's the big difference in gameplay, but I'll surely get it.
Same will happen with P4:DAN, which I'll get if I like P4G, evento though I'm not a huge fan of dancing games (love me some Guitar Hero and Rock Band, though)

So, Danganronpa is truly amazing. On chapter 3 right now, and it's only getting better.
Is Danganronpa 2 as good as? Is D2' cast as likeable? Really hoping it'll show up in a flash soon, really want to complete both before Another Episode drops.

I actually have no idea what AE is about and what's the big difference in gameplay, but I'll surely get it.
Same will happen with P4:DAN, which I'll get if I like P4G, evento though I'm not a huge fan of dancing games (love me some Guitar Hero and Rock Band, though)
In my opinion, it's not better or worse it's more Danganronpa. Whenever people ask me I say the first one is my favorite simply because it was the first in the series, they started it all from there. I like both games the same pretty much.

I would say DR2 is definitely as good as the first. I really liked both games, but I've seen a lot of DR fans feel that the second improved on the first in everything but the minigames. If you're enjoying the first that much, I'm sure you'll be pleased with the second.

AE takes place between 1 & 2 (despite that you should play them in release order) and stars Makoto's sister. I won't say any more to avoid spoiling the first game, but all the people on gaf who played it say it's a great addition to the series.

AsfaeksBR

AE takes place between 1 & 2 (despite that you should play them in release order) and stars Makoto's sister. I won't say any more to avoid spoiling the first game, but all the people on gaf who played it say it's a great addition to the series.

But is it more Murder Mystery, or does it chance the formula a bit?

AsfaeksBR

If you like having game's soundtrack on vynil, you may want to back LOUD on Planet X. Really pretty alien-y green record, that'll make some arts on the Artbook only seen through the record (there's a video explaining in the KS page).

But hurry, you have less than a hour.

It's more of a TPS, and I believe there are some puzzle elements. It's not a straight up murder mystery visual novel, but it is still very story heavy with a lot of text and voice acting.

Nice, will get it day 1. MGS:TPP will have to wait!

ryseing

If you like having game's soundtrack on vynil, you may want to back LOUD on Planet X. Really pretty alien-y green record, that'll make some arts on the Artbook only seen through the record (there's a video explaining in the KS page).

Backed the vinyl tier. Stoked that the game is actually happening.

If it's half as good as Sound Shapes (which I want a sequel to Sony. WTF are you doing) I'll be satisfied.

Fourth game vinyl I own. Others are Journey, Hohokum, and Hotline Miami 2. They all make for great chill out music.

SOLDIER

Quick question: If I were to put the hard drive on my PS4 into a brand new PS4, would it erase the saved games on my hard drive?

I was thinking of upgrading to a white console that a GAFer is selling at a decent price, but the only thing I'm worried about is if it means bye-bye P.T.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
See guys? What did i say yesterday? Sen 1 this year and sen 2 next year, realism guys, realism.

Can't wait to play trails of the vorse raider... ehm of cold steel.

The number of games xseed is handling is huge, they probably expanded a lot recently(thanks to the money made with all those vita localizations! XD )

Awesome :D

Sondar

15% stock left for Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 3 Limited Edition on the Euro Iffy Store. Possibly selling out today? Got to be one of their fastest sellers so far.

Tizoc

Alright GAF time for another night shift.
my plan is to finish up the Vita Adventure Time game to make space for Corpse Party BoS, though I won't start that immediately til I finish another game first :v

Thank you! On that note:

wMhrf6Z.png

No excuse not to play this once it drops folks :p

Will retail be limited to backers only?
See I want this on my PS4 too and it would be cool if Vita retail also came with a code for PS4 ver. XO

Top Bottom