• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | June 2015

Played about an hour of Skulls of the Shogun post-patch, no crashes. Local multiplayer seems like it could be a good laugh.

Logged into Helldivers for the first time in a while, immediately got three trophies (one gold + two silver) for completing the community stuff despite not actually contributing anything, haha.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Guys

9890n4u1o.jpg
See, it's happening, you guys should be more realistic, not just plain pessimist.

Hopefully not long. Speaking of announcements...I wonder if anything good will be announced at AX.

I really hope so :)

GE2RB this year, fall release, both versions physical.
Digimon in 2016, Spring or Summer also physical.

Wait until the announcements. Don't forget to add #nameswasright in there when the news drop.

Saphirax

Wait until the announcements. Don't forget to add #nameswasright in there when the news drop.
Spring seems kinda far away. I mean, I'd be glad either way but I wouldn't be opposed to getting it earlier :p.

Spring seems kinda far away. I mean, I'd be glad either way but I wouldn't be opposed to getting it earlier :p.
They won't release it this year with the amount of stuff they have. GE2 will have to come first thanks to the momentum it's gonna get with the 5 years of God Eater event at the end of this month and the anime in July. Also PxZ with the characters in it which drops on the 3DS later this year, too much of a marketing push for them not to take the opportunity it'd be dumb ^ Digimon just came out in Japan, and I don't think they will have started a translation before it released over there, so it'll take time.

Saphirax

They won't release it this year with the amount of stuff they have. GE2 will have to come first thanks to the momentum it's gonna get with the 5 years of God Eater event at the end of this month and the anime in July. Also PxZ with the characters in it which drops on the 3DS later this year, too much of a marketing push for them not to take the opportunity it'd be dumb ^ Digimon just came out in Japan, and I don't think they will have started a translation before it released over there, so it'll take time.

Absolutely agree, but was hoping if they decided to localise Cyber Sleuth that it would release in January/February.

RK128

That will be great names :D! With the Project X Zone 2 coming soon and the anime of God Eater coming in July like you mentioned, it makes perfect sense to release God Eater 2 Rage Burst in the fall :).

Digimon being a early spring/summer tittle when it lands in the US/EU makes sense, as Bamco has a large line up of games this fall across the PS3, PS4 and Vita (SAO: Lost Song coming in the fall, the PS4 version of Hallow Fragment coming in the fall, ect).

Absolutely agree, but was hoping if they decided to localise Cyber Sleuth that it would release in January/February.

That will be great names :D! With the Project X Zone 2 coming soon and the anime of God Eater coming in July like you mentioned, it makes perfect sense to release God Eater 2 Rage Burst in the fall :).

Digimon being a early spring/summer tittle when it lands in the US/EU makes sense, as Bamco has a large line up of games this fall across the PS3, PS4 and Vita (SAO: Lost Song coming in the fall, the PS4 version of Hallow Fragment coming in the fall, ect).
One thing that's also worth noting is that Digimon is getting a series of movies with the original cast but older, they are high school students:

HOWEVER, even though Toei had this slated for this season as an episodic thing, they changed their plans, spreading a bunch movies out throughout the months. The first one comes this fall, it is too soon for the game to drop like I said. Now the second one or even third would be a bit more possible, and they could use that to their advantage for marketing purposes too. I won't be surprised if they announce the game this year at some point and give us a 2016 release, if God Eater truly does what I said it would, I would start looking at when these next few Digimon movies air and use those as reference points for the game's release. This is all speculation of course, but they did the same with SAO, releasing it over here after the anime's second season aired.

Skyzard

Banned
I was worried Tetris would be like 1GB+ but it's 151 MB.

Music is kinda weird but I don't mind it...would be nice if you could unlock tracks though..

I wasn't sure about buying it as I have Puyo Puyo Tetris but watching bluemaxima's review it showed options for disabling super rotation system and what sort of random block selection (7 mode, picks 1 from the 7 at random until they've all been dropped and then starts from a fresh 7 - or just pure random mode).

eFKac

Didn't know where to ask this, so apologies if it isn't the right place.

I've been using all my gift cards, and I was wondering which games would you recommend?
I'm looking at these, but feel free to pitch in.

Resident Evil Revelations 2
FarCry 4
MKX
Sleeping Dogs
Xenoverse
Alien Isolation

Lol this sure as hell is not the right place for Western games recommendation.

I haven't played Sleeping Dogs or Alien but could definitely recommend Far Cry 4, very enjoyable game, quite similar to FC3 if you played that. For me best on this list.
From what I've played Xenoverse is pretty great, best DB game since Tenkaichi Budokai 3 for me.
Played only Episode 1 of ReRev and it's decent wasn't a huge fan though, felt clunky, not a big RE fan overall, however game seems to have a following on Gaf.
MKX os definitely solid, I sucked at it though, I'm definitely more of a 3D fighters rather than 2D ones fan though.

RK128

Hello everyone, got my first big purchase of the month; Amiibo :D! I never got any so far (as I don't own a Wii U or New 3DS), but I love the look of the things and found a Mega Man and Pac-Man!

XmfqsNP.jpg

hk7iGE1.jpg

So happy I got them and the only one left I want to get is Sonic, then I am done with them :). Don't want to get crazy and try to collect them all (god, that would not be fun :().

AsfaeksBR

The Witcher 3 is simply phenomenal.
The gameplay, the story, the lore, the graphics, the immersion.
The only bad thing is that it made me put Danganronpa aside to play it...

Hello everyone, got my first big purchase of the month; Amiibo :D!
You fell down the rabbit hole... It was nice to know you.
I want a shovel knight and SMTIV amiibo

The Witcher 3 is simply phenomenal.
The gameplay, the story, the lore, the graphics, the immersion.
The only bad thing is that it made me put Danganronpa aside to play it...
It is simply one of the best games I have played recently yes. Taking off the Vita/JRPG glasses here, the game is a technical marvel. I wish the in-game hours weren't broken, I'd be curious to know just how much I have played.

RK128

One thing that's also worth noting is that Digimon is getting a series of movies with the original cast but older, they are high school students:

HOWEVER, even though Toei had this slated for this season as an episodic thing, they changed their plans, spreading a bunch movies out throughout the months. The first one comes this fall, it is too soon for the game to drop like I said. Now the second one or even third would be a bit more possible, and they could use that to their advantage for marketing purposes too. I won't be surprised if they announce the game this year at some point and give us a 2016 release, if God Eater truly does what I said it would, I would start looking at when these next few Digimon movies air and use those as reference points for the game's release. This is all speculation of course, but they did the same with SAO, releasing it over here after the anime's second season aired.

Never knew they were making another Digimon anime.....that is great, as I had fond memories of watching the series when I was little. Particularly like the third season a lot :). Hope that comes stateside alongside the new game; perfect advertisement I think :D.

RK128

You fell down the rabbit whole... It was nice to know you.

I want a shovel knight and SMTIV amiibo

I know my limits man XD! Fully aware of the hell people go through to get the things (watching that Jimquisition episode focused on the things just highlights that). In the wise words of what my best friend told me; "Just get the ones you want". And that is what I plan on doing and after picking up Sonic and maybe Mario, I will be done buying the things :).

Please don't have a Sonic line of Amiibo for the upcoming Mario and Sonic game. I.....will have to buy them all then X(.

I know my limits man XD! Fully aware of the hell people go through to get the things (watching that Jimquisition episode focused on the things just highlights that). In the wise words of what my best friend told me; "Just get the ones you want". And that is what I plan on doing and after picking up Sonic and maybe Mario, I will be done buying the things :).

Please don't have a Sonic line of Amiibo for the upcoming Mario and Sonic game. I.....will have to buy them all then X(.
I have 3, Shulk, Adult Link and Samus. I was joking with my post, but you seem to know that with these things you should know when to stop.

RK128

I have 3, Shulk, Adult Link and Samus. I was joking with my post, but you seem to know that with these things you should know when to stop.

I know man, they are cool to pick up and its nice to have two or so of them sitting on your desk (looking at my two on my desk is really nice :D). But, you simply cannot get them all; you will go nuts trying to get them then. The Shulk amiibo looks really nice (lots of detail on him).

Back to Vita centric topics, looking forward to Bamco's announcements this E3; between God Eater 2 and Digimion, they have a lot to announce for the Vita :D.

Back to Vita centric topics, looking forward to Bamco's announcements this E3; between God Eater 2 and Digimion, they have a lot to announce for the Vita :D.
Let's not forget Ray Gigant too although this one definitely won't be announced for a good while. I'll be waiting for it nonetheless.

Apart from doing a proper translation of SAO:HF for PS4 and not patching it into the Vita version we all bought, you mean?
Im sure it would wreck havoc amongst the code. You can't just patch it without proper testing, which takes time and money that they wouldn't get via a patch. Remember, games are fun but they are still a business /:

ryseing

Did my part, even though I never heard any of these bands. And what's the music that plays in the KS video?

I'm so hyped for it I'm even downloading Sound Shapes and all it's DLC's!!!

Go listen to Lights and Purity Ring ASAP.

Dunno. Didn't watch the vid. Probably Lights tho since they've been pushing her involvement so much.

Khronico

Well, my vita 2k arrived today. Already I like the ergonomics way more, it's much more comfortable in my hands than the vita 1000 was. I also really appreciate that the start, select, and ps buttons are all slightly raised, it always bugged me how awkward the previous style was. Really glad I got the 2k!

Skyzard

Banned
Well, my vita 2k arrived today. Already I like the ergonomics way more, it's much more comfortable in my hands than the vita 1000 was. I also really appreciate that the start, select, and ps buttons are all slightly raised, it always bugged me how awkward the previous style was. Really glad I got the 2k!

Yup, grats.

incpdo

I miss the updates in the " upcoming games " thread by fadyk it was such a perfect reminder that Vita' s life is not over yet.

BTW , I would really like a version of republique , the iOS game, on vita. I think could be a perfect match.

ZeroAKA

Loud seems to be funded as long as people don't back out at the last minute.

Did the creators say that the game is going to have new original songs or will they just be some older stuff? I might need the soundtrack if it's the latter.

Tohsaka

Ray Gigant, Tokyo Xanadu, Sen no Kiseki 1 & 2 and Stranger of the Sword City for 2016! (It's always nice to dream).

Sen will be this year, if the release date that one site listed is accurate. I think it's likely that we'll get the rest of those next year.

Top Bottom