• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | June 2015

pariah164

OpAbyss on Tuesday and I'm still playing Soul Sacrifice Delta. RIP in peace my backlog.

ToTP: Buy Operation Abyss this Tuesday.

AsfaeksBR

Loud seems to be funded as long as people don't back out at the last minute.

Did the creators say that the game is going to have new original songs or will they just be some older stuff? I might need the soundtrack if it's the latter.

According to the KS Rewards:

Exclusive Download of ORIGINAL SCORE
(3 original tracks by Mike Haliechuk & Jonah Falco of F*CKED UP, Brendan Canning & Justin Peroff of BROKEN SOCIAL SCENE, and HARRISON - Kickstarter exclusive)

Every copy will come with the soundtrack. And if you add $20, you can get these songs on the vynil.

autoduelist

Hmmm. I think my time with Valhalla Knights 3 has come to an end. While I only need a couple more trophies, it's become abundantly clear one of them would require a massive amount of grinding. To make matters worse, I could technically just 'buy' it with DLC, which pisses me off to no end. (it's a 'title collector' type trophy, you need 70% of them, but some are very time consuming -- but enough are buyable via dlc that I could get the trophy).

Final Verdict --

Looks budget. Plays budget too, but is actually really fun in a lot of ways. it's nice to have a team of 7 and just level them up, switch classes, level up some more.

The fanservice stuff people made a fuss about is completely optional. You can also court men, though that isn't ever mentioned. There isn't a knee rubbing game for that, but you can still take them to the hotel, etc. Honestly, overall, a very very minor (and skippable) part of the game.

Worst sin, by far, is a complete and utter lack of respect for the players time. You need to walk everywhere. Slowly. There are some very limited warps in the game, but there need to be dozens more locations to jump to. A dungeon level might have 10 rooms, 3 of them might have enemies, with long hallways between everything... you'll spend more time running around than anything else. There is no sprint button, but you can dash attack (hit square, then time X to attack) which means you commit that stupidity to muscle memory just to get from a to b a few seconds quicker.

The fact that it was still fun despite the tedium and budget feel is borderline amazing. If the designers cut all tunnels and running down considerable (like, I'd want to sprint at 3x the speed and have warps to every zone) I could recommend the game. As it is, it's a bit too tedious unless you really just want a nice, mindless grinding game [which is actually what I was in the mood for].

They could have had something here. But it's pretty clear they didn't respect my time. And worse, they then have dlc to skip the grind for the final trophy... which just pisses me off.

I'm glad I bought it. I'm glad I played it. I'm glad I'm done it.

From the latest XSEED teaser
Going all out before E3 it seems

RMleN2V.jpg

EDIT: It could also be Senran Kagura. Those bastards

incpdo

Hmmm. I think my time with Valhalla Knights 3 has come to an end. While I only need a couple more trophies, it's become abundantly clear one of them would require a massive amount of grinding. To make matters worse, I could technically just 'buy' it with DLC, which pisses me off to no end. (it's a 'title collector' type trophy, you need 70% of them, but some are very time consuming -- but enough are buyable via dlc that I could get the trophy).

Final Verdict --

Looks budget. Plays budget too, but is actually really fun in a lot of ways. it's nice to have a team of 7 and just level them up, switch classes, level up some more.

The fanservice stuff people made a fuss about is completely optional. You can also court men, though that isn't ever mentioned. There isn't a knee rubbing game for that, but you can still take them to the hotel, etc. Honestly, overall, a very very minor (and skippable) part of the game.

Worst sin, by far, is a complete and utter lack of respect for the players time. You need to walk everywhere. Slowly. There are some very limited warps in the game, but there need to be dozens more locations to jump to. A dungeon level might have 10 rooms, 3 of them might have enemies, with long hallways between everything... you'll spend more time running around than anything else. There is no sprint button, but you can dash attack (hit square, then time X to attack) which means you commit that stupidity to muscle memory just to get from a to b a few seconds quicker.

The fact that it was still fun despite the tedium and budget feel is borderline amazing. If the designers cut all tunnels and running down considerable (like, I'd want to sprint at 3x the speed and have warps to every zone) I could recommend the game. As it is, it's a bit too tedious unless you really just want a nice, mindless grinding game [which is actually what I was in the mood for].

They could have had something here. But it's pretty clear they didn't respect my time. And worse, they then have dlc to skip the grind for the final trophy... which just pisses me off.

I'm glad I bought it. I'm glad I played it. I'm glad I'm done it.
nice review , I was wondering how much of the horribleness of this game was real and how much was just a GAF hyperbole. Thanks for this , I now can buy the game without fear of not knowing what to expect.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
7GUl8Ml.gif

I've always been the craziest blind optimist on GAF, but everyone thinks I'm crazy.
I said realistic, not crazy blind optimist! XD

Ray Gigant, Tokyo Xanadu, Sen no Kiseki 1 & 2 and Stranger of the Sword City for 2016! (It's always nice to dream).

No dreams, one or two of those could even be 2015 titles, if sen 1 releases this year or early next year sen 2 could be a 2016 game, otherwis it's probably a 2017 game.

Saphirax

No dreams, one or two of those could even be 2015 titles, if sen 1 releases this year or early next year sen 2 could be a 2016 game, otherwis it's probably a 2017 game.

Was thinking I'd be too optimistic hoping to see Sen this year seeing how it wasn't even properly announced yet. It'd be awesome if it does.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Was thinking I'd be too optimistic hoping to see Sen this year seeing how it wasn't even properly announced yet. It'd be awesome if it does.

Trails of cold steel localization is probably going to be announced very soon, so if there are no problems, the localization is not still early and there are no reasons to wait for the release i think it could be possible to see it at the end of the year or early 2016.

Tizoc

People not accepting that a game can be localized can be realistic too :V

XSEED
Where my Xanadu Next at?
Where my Corpse Party PC at?

Ray Gigant, Tokyo Xanadu, Sen no Kiseki 1 & 2 and Stranger of the Sword City for 2016! (It's always nice to dream).

Oh yeah sure, go ahead, forget about the new Ys, let's all jump into the animu looking games.

Saphirax

XSEED
Where my Xanadu Next at?

Oh yeah sure, go ahead, forget about the new Ys, let's all jump into the animu looking games.

We've seen nothing of the new Ys as far as I know. It could end up looking just as 'animu' :p.

XSEED
Where my Xanadu Next at?

Look at how
A
sad you made this guy with your false assumption...

73yE9yF.jpg

bobohoro

Why would you think Ys won't look "animu"? I mean

People talking about things looking animu usually have no clue. At all.

And of course the moment I want to order Steins;Gate amazon is out of stock. Meh. Is the physical version the same throughout the EU, meaning if I order from France I'll still get english packaging?

And of course the moment I want to order Steins;Gate amazon is out of stock. Meh. Is the physical version the same throughout the EU, meaning if I order from France I'll still get english packaging?

I'm assuming that's the case, but so far I haven't heard anyhing since I don't think people got copies from amazon.fr or .es yet.

Last night I finally bought my Ps4! Currently I hace PS+ games since feb 2014, ACiv Black Flag and PES 2015. I'm planning to ver GTA V and Battlefield 4 to hold until Arkham Knight is Out.

I'm pretty happy with it, but I have a question maybe you can help me with. My psn account is already on my friend's ps4, and set as primary, so my ps4 is set to secondary. The question is, which functionality do I lose? Can I still remote play?

Sondar

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 3 Limited Edition is already at 50% stock level on the Euro Iffy Store? That went quickly.

Oh I am well aware of that, it was anime since day 1.
...and by day 1 I mean since the 80s :V
http://www.ysutopia.net/images/ys4pce7.gif[/ig][/QUOTE]
Then I'll just have to assume you were possessed by some evil spirit of inaccuracy when you hit the submit button on this post:
[quote="Tizoc, post: 166533611"]Oh yeah sure, go ahead, forget about the new Ys, let's all jump into the animu looking games.[/QUOTE]

RK128

PS Store: May 2015's Top Sellers.

Nice to see the one true SSD getting some love again.

It is really nice to see Freedom Wars, LBP Vita and SSD do so well with that big flash sale; many must have bought the games when they were 5 bucks and I can't blame them, that was an amazing deal for three awesome games :D!

Also nice to know that Shovel Knight sold well on Vita, as the game is such a great fit on the platform. Trone Bonne a huge hit on the PS Classic's side of things is nice too, as it shows Capcom that 'Hay! We want more Legends games on Sony consoles Capcom! Can you please bring Legends 1 and 2 to PSN?". And that message is one I really hope goes through; would love to finally try out those two games.

autoduelist

PS Store: May 2015's Top Sellers.

Nice to see the one true SSD getting some love again.

I don't understand? Super Stardust Delta isn't on that list.

nice review , I was wondering how much of the horribleness of this game was real and how much was just a GAF hyperbole. Thanks for this , I now can buy the game without fear of not knowing what to expect.

It's got issues, but... yeah, I can't deny I had fun with it. I've got about 80 hours in it. I just really, really wish they played their own game; some minor tweaks would have made it so much better (more quick travel, sprint button, etc, etc). And of course, they deserve a kick in the ass for making grind trophies that can be bought with dlc, just because that's low. But... still, definitely got my money's worth out of it.

Anyone playing Vitamin Z on the Vita? It's a pretty fun free to play game that just came out.

I plan on trying it, just not sure when. I like dual stick shooters though this looks like you're fixed in place? Could be fun.

SerTapTap

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 3 Limited Edition is already at 50% stock level on the Euro Iffy Store? That went quickly.

I got all itchy when I saw that go live for euro but not US. Going to slip in there quick when they finally put it up for here

VitaGaf, 7 days to go until Bloodstained's campaign is over. We are just a few thousand short for the Vita port tier!

Zero chance it doesn't get a few (hundred) thousand on the very last couple days I'd say

Velcro Fly

Thinking about getting a 64 gig card

I have free prime so it would get here very quickly from Amazon

My 16 is nearly full and that has stopped me from enjoying my Vita

Summer is here and I want to play it!

Also this may or may not have something to do with XSEED being awesome! :D

I'm going to skip EDF2 for the PS4 one I think and Popolocrois won't come here anyway. I haven't played Corpse party yet so maybe I'll wait on that too.

Other than that I need all of this
XSEED (or NISA if they're quick) will get all of my money

EV and Sen was all I wanted from this E3 and it hasn't even started yet

Damn. XSEED is going to bankrupt me this year.
Sen no Kiseki? Senran? plus the earlier two announced are some of my most anticipated games for the Vita.

Somebody pinch me because I might be dreaming!

RK128

Wow, can't believe all the localization's X-SEED is doing this year for the Vita :D! Lots of games coming throughout the year and their support alongside Bamco's with SAO Lost Song/Hallow Fragment PS4/God Eater 2 RB and Atlus bring over both Lost Dimensions and P4:Dancing All Night.

That is not even counting Idea Factory's large upcoming wave of Hyper Dimension tittles (Rebrith 3, The Zombie Cross Over, hopefully Victory 2) and their PS4 RPG Omega Quartrent.

That is a lot of games for a 'legacy' platform I think, so I really have to commend JP publishers in their efforts in supporting the Vita :D. Large library of games coming to the system and it is awesome to hear all of this well before E3 officially begins; hope this leads the way for official announcements for God Eater 2 RB and Digimon CS localizations :).

Top Bottom