• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | June 2015

Chuy

So I remember filling out info about the sony compensation thing for the PSN outage a while ago and was wondering when we're supposed to get information about. Also if i turns out i'm misremembering is there still time to fill out information.

ARE THERE ANY SIGNS OF A FLASH SALE?!?! I NEED A FLASH SALE, I DON'T WANNA SPEND $31 ON STUFF THAT AREN'T DISCOUNTED, SONTY PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
This weekend seems pretty suspect for a flash sale honestly. I'd give it a couple of hours though

ramyeon

Welcome back, and welcome to the party. The Witcher was one of best games I have played in a while, so much so that I played it until I beat it. These days that is a rarity for me lol. Enjoy!
Cheers! Good to be back and on board with PS4. Witcher 3 is great so far - I haven't done a whole lot but as soon as I found the quest board I immediately got sidetracked from the main mission. Did a contract hunting a noonwraith in a well which was amazing for a side quest - so much lore and story behind it. Can't wait to see what else this has to offer.

Did a contract hunting a noonwraith in a well which was amazing for a side quest - so much lore and story behind it. Can't wait to see what else this has to offer.
And that's one of the simpler ones too. You have a decent bunch to get through still, one better than the other. The Witcher is my contender for GOTY so far.

SerTapTap

The most frustrating "Waaaaah I want the games but not the Vita" people are the ones saying they're waiting for sony to "drop" it for the price to get lower. The price isn't going to get lower, that only happens when there's more stock than demand and Sony does not have excess Vita stock. And I dont' expect Sony to drop barebones support for the system through the PS4's life cycle either, all they have to do is let JApanese and indie devs publish on it for no effort on their part.

Just wanted to rant no point in particular

Tapejara

My Vita copy of Retro City Rampage DX arrived today. I actually got it a few weeks back and forgot to pick it up, so it got sent back. Luckily Fangamer was able to send out another one.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The most frustrating "Waaaaah I want the games but not the Vita" people are the ones saying they're waiting for sony to "drop" it for the price to get lower. The price isn't going to get lower, that only happens when there's more stock than demand and Sony does not have excess Vita stock. And I dont' expect Sony to drop barebones support for the system through the PS4's life cycle either, all they have to do is let JApanese and indie devs publish on it for no effort on their part.

Just wanted to rant no point in particular
The clearance price drop happened in the US with the Borderlands bundle. If you want a cheap Vita you are going to have to settle with the limited PS TV.

ARE THERE ANY SIGNS OF A FLASH SALE?!?! I NEED A FLASH SALE, I DON'T WANNA SPEND $31 ON STUFF THAT AREN'T DISCOUNTED, SONTY PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Came here for this... Looking more and more like it is next weekend instead....

In the meantime, buy Shovel Knight. Picked it up on my Vita for my trip last weekend and enjoyed every moment of playing through it. Just wish Axiom Verge would get its Vita version released...

^First week of July between 2-4th July IIRC.

Lol, came here to ask this. It's looking pretty slim. :-/

Have you seen this; http://thevitalounge.net/2015/06/17/shh-sneaky-north-american-psn-discounts-andor-price-changes/

There are a bunch of unadvertised price dips right now for Vita.

Came here for this... Looking more and more like it is next weekend instead....

In the meantime, buy Shovel Knight. Picked it up on my Vita for my trip last weekend and enjoyed every moment of playing through it. Just wish Axiom Verge would get its Vita version released...

I second this. Just beat the game and loved it. It's an absolute blast and the difficulty is manageable, even for someone as mediocre at platformers as I am!

Have you seen this; http://thevitalounge.net/2015/06/17/shh-sneaky-north-american-psn-discounts-andor-price-changes/

There are a bunch of unadvertised price dips right now for Vita.

I did see this, but I either own most of the games I want or they haven't reached the price is pick them up at. :-(

Edit: I'm also proud to say that I finally figured out how to have multiple quotes in a single post! Yay!

Me too. Definitely.

I wonder if we'll start seeing those NIS VN already.

Well, I'm doing everything I can on their forums to make them see the light of Fuuraiki 3!

I do think Shin Hayarigami stands a chance, but still. I reckon they'll announce 2 things at AX and it'll be Stranger of Sword City & Witch & Hundred.5 Knight.

Kinda feels like it's been a somewhat quiet year for NISA. Maybe that's just because they went so crazy last year (10 games released in 2014), compared to 7 this year. And I wouldn't be sure there's anything else planned, since last year's AX-announcements (HTOL#NIQ; Criminal Girls & Awakened Fate) released the following year.

netguy503

Fourth of July for US Flash sale.

Is this confirmed or are you just guessing? They said they would do one a month and there are only two weekends left in this month (including this one) plus there is a "spend $100 get $15" that ends Tuesday plus it's E3 week. Seems too good to pass up.

Tohsaka

Me too. Definitely.

Well, I'm doing everything I can on their forums to make them see the light of Fuuraiki 3!

I do think Shin Hayarigami stands a chance, but still. I reckon they'll announce 2 things at AX and it'll be Stranger of Sword City & Witch & Hundred.5 Knight.

Kinda feels like it's been a somewhat quiet year for NISA. Maybe that's just because they went so crazy last year (10 games released in 2014), compared to 7 this year. And I wouldn't be sure there's anything else planned, since last year's AX-announcements (HTOL#NIQ; Criminal Girls & Awakened Fate) released the following year.
I'm expecting them to announce Great Edo Blacksmith, though it probably won't make it out here this year.

Prelude.

I'm expecting them to announce Great Edo Blacksmith, though it probably won't make it out here this year.
Maybe. It sold kinda poorly but Criminal Girls didn't sell too much either (but at least it was an enhanced port). I wouldn't say no though, it has some pretty interesting mechanics and aesthetics.

Tohsaka

Maybe. It sold kinda poorly but Criminal Girls didn't sell too much either (but at least it was an enhanced port). I wouldn't say no though, it has some pretty interesting mechanics and aesthetics.
I think the censorship definitely hurt CG's sales in the west, shouldn't be an issue with Blacksmith since the girls aren't underage and don't look it either.
Do you hate us so?

I think the game looks neat, it may very well not be though since Japan didn't seem to care for it much.

Prelude.

I think the censorship definitely hurt CG's sales in the west, shouldn't be an issue with Blacksmith since the girls aren't underage and don't look it either.
No, I meant in Japan. CG sold similarly to Edo but they localized it anyway.

Also, I'm gonna say Shiren the Wanderer 5 Plus just because.
The box art is so cool.

504374_frontdnrpa.jpg

I think the fact it was a port is why it sold so poorly in Japan, though (PSP version compatible with Vita anyway). Edo Blacksmith just sold badly straight out of the gate.

Also, I'm gonna say Shiren the Wanderer 5 Plus just because.

I wondered about Shiren 5. Especially since they have a relationship with Spike Chunsoft thanks to DanganRonpa. If we're getting SC games though, I'd rather have Ukiyo no Roushi.

I wondered if there was anything Kadokawa related they could bring across too, since they're clearly in good with them lately (Rodea announced before it even releases in Japan). Maybe KanColle? There were those Project Code games too, but they're nowhere to be seen since they were announced in November.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Is this confirmed or are you just guessing? They said they would do one a month and there are only two weekends left in this month (including this one) plus there is a "spend $100 get $15" that ends Tuesday plus it's E3 week. Seems too good to pass up.

First week of the next month is close enough.

Shizuka

I wondered if there was anything Kadokawa related they could bring across too, since they're clearly in good with them lately (Rodea announced before it even releases in Japan). Maybe KanColle? There were those Project Code games too, but they're nowhere to be seen since they were announced in November.

Love Live Vita games.

Prelude.

Photokano Kiss or Amagami (EbKore+). Someone has to start localizing galge after all.

No but seriously, Amagami is really solid, I think it'd be a really good (and safe) first choice if someone really wants to start bringing here those kind of games.

incpdo

Guys what are the upcomming jrpgs you are looking forward to buy on vita?
My list is:

Summon night 5
World of final fantasy
Shiren 5 plus( if it ever comes too the west)
The legend of heroes trail of cold steel
Lost dimension

And a few more I don't remember now

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm a sucker for FF spinoffs. Maybe trails when it goes on sale. Everything else I'm excited for on the Vita isn't an RPG.

Do any of you guys have any experience with PlayStation Support?

I've been in contact with them for more than 3 weeks now. I feel like I have gotten nowhere with them. I told them that a PSP game I bought which said it was compatible with Vita (Need for Speed Underground Rivals) isn't compatible.

Their first response (via e-mail) was that it was in-game content, so I had to contact the publisher. I phoned them up because that was a bollock reply, and the guy on the phone said he'd look into it further.

I got a second e-mail asking me to check whether the game was downloadable directly via content manager on PC. It isn't, so I took a screenshot of that + my Vita download list + content manager on Vita connected to PS3 with the game downloaded on that, showing that it wouldn't transfer.

I got a reply back today that said:

"I understand from your contact that you are having an issue with Need for Speed Rivals. After looking at your issue I can confirm that the content purchased is not compatible with PlayStation® 3 (PS3). You will however be able to download this directly to your PS Vita."

UGH. I feel like they're doing this on purpose now. I haven't seen such a wall of incompetence in Customer Support for some time.

Shizuka

Upcoming english Vita retail titles (NA/EU/AS):

- Lost Dimension;
- Dungeon Travelers 2;
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel;
- Corpse Party: Blood Drive;
- Earth Defense Force 2: Invaders from Planet Space;
- Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls;
- Superbeat: XONiC;
- Ar nosurge Plus: Ode to an Unborn Star;
- Norn9: Var Commons;
- Code: Realize Guardians of Rebirth;
- Xblaze Lost: Memories;
- Persona 4 Dancing All Night;
- Deception IV: The Nightmate Princess;
- Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence;
- J-Stars Victory +;
- One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3;
- Sword Art Online: Lost Song;
- Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth 3;
- Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax.

Mindblowing, isn't it?

Upcoming english Vita retail titles (NA/EU/AS):

- Lost Dimension;
- Dungeon Travelers 2;
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel;
- Corpse Party: Blood Drive;
- Earth Defense Force 2: Invaders from Planet Space;
- Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls;
- Superbeat: XONiC;
- Ar nosurge Plus: Ode to an Unborn Star;
- Norn9: Var Commons;
- Code: Realize Guardians of Rebirth;
- Xblaze Lost: Memories;
- Persona 4 Dancing All Night;
- Deception IV: The Nightmate Princess;
- Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence;
- J-Stars Victory +;
- One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3;
- Sword Art Online: Lost Song;
- Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth 3.

Mindblowing, isn't it?

I'll for sure be getting 4 from that list. And that's the ones I know I will get for sure, that whole list of games looks great.

Prelude.

I'm buying at least 10 of those for sure, the rest is a maybe and only Nightmare Princess and One Piece are a no since I've already played the vanilla version of D4 and I never read/watched anything of One Piece.

autoduelist

Do any of you guys have any experience with PlayStation Support?

I've been in contact with them for more than 3 weeks now. I feel like I have gotten nowhere with them. I told them that a PSP game I bought which said it was compatible with Vita (Need for Speed Underground Rivals) isn't compatible.

I don't remember the store ever showing that as compatible... are you in the US?

Calling is always better than email, if possible. The confusion over 'Rivals' is likely because most customer service people don't have comprehensive knowledge of the PSP library so think you're talking about the newer Rivals.

Call, and you should be able to get it sorted out. If not, just ask for a manager.

Don't bring up past calls, don't describe the situation too much... just say it doesn't work on your Vita. The more you talk about, the more you can confuse the other person -- keep it simple for best results with customer service. If it were me, I'd seriously limit it to "Hi, I bought this game, Need for Speed Rivals Underground by mistake -- I thought it said it would work on my vita, but it doesn't. Can I please get a refund?"

My guess is you should easily be able to get a 'we'll do this for you one time' speech, which you can ignore, they just say that to make it clear you shouldn't abuse it, they'd do it again if they have to.

Top Bottom