• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | June 2015

So I backed up 30GB of Vita data.

Can't even restore it back. Stuck at 2113MB/30GB. The Vita doesn't hang, and the cable is still fine. It just won't progress. If I click Cancel, it's stuck to "Please wait...".

.J.

Banned
So what's the word on SFIV on PS4 now? I've looked through old threads and checked reddit, but I can't get a definitive answer.

Trying to pad out my $100 for the discount, but after Batman and the Driveclub SP, I don't know where to spend the other $15+

iosefe

Can't even restore it back. Stuck at 2113MB/30GB. The Vita doesn't hang, and the cable is still fine. It just won't progress. If I click Cancel, it's stuck to "Please wait...".

i was having that issue about 2 weeks ago. it just stops doing anything.

i would assume OG model?

The full backup function has always been buggy at best, and it's much better to back up individual games than it is attempting to deal with that bullshit.

Thanks for posting this! I let my PS+ lapse so I wasn't able to get Duke 3D for free. Happy to pick it up for $2.50 though.

Going to make The Vita Lounge one of my regular stops from now on.

Glad to hear it, and glad we could help. :)

PS;
good choice on picking up the Duke - most fun I've had with the series since the mid 90's.

Ephidel

I don't remember the store ever showing that as compatible... are you in the US?

Calling is always better than email, if possible. The confusion over 'Rivals' is likely because most customer service people don't have comprehensive knowledge of the PSP library so think you're talking about the newer Rivals.

Call, and you should be able to get it sorted out. If not, just ask for a manager.

Don't bring up past calls, don't describe the situation too much... just say it doesn't work on your Vita. The more you talk about, the more you can confuse the other person -- keep it simple for best results with customer service. If it were me, I'd seriously limit it to "Hi, I bought this game, Need for Speed Rivals Underground by mistake -- I thought it said it would work on my vita, but it doesn't. Can I please get a refund?"

My guess is you should easily be able to get a 'we'll do this for you one time' speech, which you can ignore, they just say that to make it clear you shouldn't abuse it, they'd do it again if they have to.
I'm pretty sure he's in Europe, and Sony Europe are awful about refunds. There are no "one time gestures" because their policy is pretty much "fuck off, no refunds"

It's also an ongoing issue, so he does kind of have to point out that he's been working through this issue with previous support staff, otherwise they can say he should have reported it sooner or can suggest he's just having buyers remorse and tough luck.
"I bought this by mistake" will not fly , at all, even if used to preface a technical issue. "I thought it said, but" makes it sound like it's his fault and he misread something.
The fault has to be placed on them for him to stand any chance. His only hope is to make them understand that what he bought does not match the description and is not usable.

But yeah, the description of the issue needs to be relatively simple because he's probably talking to people who have no clue.
"This item is listed (was listed?) on the Store as being compatible with the PS Vita. It is not. The store listing is a mistake. Because what I was sold is not as described and cannot be used on my device I want a refund"

Xenoflare

I wish Nier was available on PSN.. used game prices just went through the roof over here, if you can find a copy at all

Funny story, when I was hunting for Nier I found a box at a ebgames that I used to frequent and the clerk cannot find the game in their drawer, and a few days later the box is still there and I tried by luck again and bam.

Thankfully blu ray discs are quite scratch resistant

Tizoc

I've let my ps+ sub expire this month so I'm gonna go for that Duke deal. Got that earlier when I still have ps+ but I don't want to resub just for that. Considering the amount of retail + digital games I have preorders on, I'm extremely satisfied of just letting it lapse.

Are you on US PSN?
There's a promo now for 'Buy for $100, get $15 back'
It ends on the 23rd.

Do make use of it, there certainly are a bunch of Vita-compatible games that can put you at $100.

I've been trying to restore my backup for hours. Farthest I got was 11/30GB.

I actually want a stability update now. :( I really don't know how CMA works. Sometimes my Vita says it's currently copying stuff, but when I look at the Windows resource manager there's no disk activity at all.

Do make use of it, there certainly are a bunch of Vita-compatible games that can put you at $100.
Yes, I'm in the US PSN. Unfortunately, I have preorders for 5 upcoming retail games so I can't just plonk down a 100$ on the website. I'm such a sucker for the freebies included when you preorder stuffs here so sorry man. Thanks to the freebies here, I have a tenko cellphone accesory, bath poster, etc.

Besides thanks to me buying stuffs during sales, I don't have space for it in my 16gb MMC.

VLiberty

Do you have Destiny of Spirits, Katamari or Super Exploding Zoo into that backup? If so, that might be the reason.

Do you have Destiny of Spirits, Katamari or Super Exploding Zoo into that backup? If so, that might be the reason.

Nope, though I'm only concerned about my saves particularly FFX and P4G.

Why oh why are saves written on the memory card and not on the game cart... :(

I keep retrying to restore my backup then individually backing up whatever was salvaged. The problem is that some small games (like Limbo) just tell me I should redownload the game (instead of file being corrupt). I googled the error code and it had something to do with the license. I hope it doesn't mean anything bad if I ever salvage the save.

eFKac

So what's the word on SFIV on PS4 now? I've looked through old threads and checked reddit, but I can't get a definitive answer.

Trying to pad out my $100 for the discount, but after Batman and the Driveclub SP, I don't know where to spend the other $15+

Other Ocean has been going very strong with update support.

After the last update they've managed to get, the most important part, lag down to 0.3 milisecond range from the 360 version.

There's still some tweaks to be made but absolutely go for it, it should be the "definitive" version soon if it isn't already ;-)

There should be some threads about it here on Gaf if you search.

wilflare

I've been trying to restore my backup for hours. Farthest I got was 11/30GB.

I actually want a stability update now. :( I really don't know how CMA works. Sometimes my Vita says it's currently copying stuff, but when I look at the Windows resource manager there's no disk activity at all.

are you using USB or WiFi? try switching and see if it is better?
you can also try qCMA if it helps

---
convincing my long time buddy to get a Vita. he's about to bite so I got some questions to clarify. he will be sharing my PSN account so here goes
(1) Can I set his Vita not to upload or download any PS+ saves so that his game does not get affected by mine... neither will his saves overwrite mine?
(2) He's not an achievement nut so is it possible to set his Vita not to unlock achievements?

thanks

---
convincing my long time buddy to get a Vita. he's about to bite so I got some questions to clarify. he will be sharing my PSN account so here goes
(1) Can I set his Vita not to upload or download any PS+ saves so that his game does not get affected by mine... neither will his saves overwrite mine?
(2) He's not an achievement nut so is it possible to set his Vita not to unlock achievements?

thanks

1. no such option exist man. Both devices can use the save clouds so if he clicks the plus icon while you're with ps+, he can download it. His saves can overwrite yours if you've checked the auto-upload saves to the cloud function, so better uncheck it in his system.
Just tell him to not upload his saves or else you're out of luck. I experienced this unexpectedly when a friend uploaded a newly created save in SAO:HF which erased my high lvl save, now I'm not even playing the game.
2. No such option exist either wil. Besides why would you deprieve him of earning achievements lol.

Tizoc

If you're gonna game share on the Vita, just make it so one of you is playing offline/not connected to the net.

I don't remember the store ever showing that as compatible... are you in the US?

Calling is always better than email, if possible. The confusion over 'Rivals' is likely because most customer service people don't have comprehensive knowledge of the PSP library so think you're talking about the newer Rivals.

Call, and you should be able to get it sorted out. If not, just ask for a manager.

Don't bring up past calls, don't describe the situation too much... just say it doesn't work on your Vita. The more you talk about, the more you can confuse the other person -- keep it simple for best results with customer service. If it were me, I'd seriously limit it to "Hi, I bought this game, Need for Speed Rivals Underground by mistake -- I thought it said it would work on my vita, but it doesn't. Can I please get a refund?"

My guess is you should easily be able to get a 'we'll do this for you one time' speech, which you can ignore, they just say that to make it clear you shouldn't abuse it, they'd do it again if they have to.

I'm pretty sure he's in Europe, and Sony Europe are awful about refunds. There are no "one time gestures" because their policy is pretty much "fuck off, no refunds"

It's also an ongoing issue, so he does kind of have to point out that he's been working through this issue with previous support staff, otherwise they can say he should have reported it sooner or can suggest he's just having buyers remorse and tough luck.
"I bought this by mistake" will not fly , at all, even if used to preface a technical issue. "I thought it said, but" makes it sound like it's his fault and he misread something.
The fault has to be placed on them for him to stand any chance. His only hope is to make them understand that what he bought does not match the description and is not usable.

But yeah, the description of the issue needs to be relatively simple because he's probably talking to people who have no clue.
"This item is listed (was listed?) on the Store as being compatible with the PS Vita. It is not. The store listing is a mistake. Because what I was sold is not as described and cannot be used on my device I want a refund"

Thanks for the responses. I am indeed in UK, where the game is listed as being Vita-compatible:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...-psp/cid=EP0006-ULES00025_00-GPCNEEDFOR000001

The fact that all the e-mails I've gotten in response have said "but the game does work on Vita!" kinda back this up as well.

I'm gonna wait until Monday to see if I get a response from this latest e-mail, and if not I'll give them another call and just try to be a lot more firm about getting a refund I think. I guess trying to emphasise the fact that it's not working as described and that's what sold me on the game.

And once that's sorted, I've got my second uphill struggle with ThrillVille: Off the Rails, a game which I bought of UK PSN which is completely in French...

are you using USB or WiFi? try switching and see if it is better?
you can also try qCMA if it helps

I've been using qCMA and I'm getting better results when it comes to the Vita randomly stopping copying stuff. My problem is that it now randomly disconnects, both through USB and wifi. :/ I can't even connect via wifi using the official CMA.

.J.

Banned
Other Ocean has been going very strong with update support.

After the last update they've managed to get, the most important part, lag down to 0.3 milisecond range from the 360 version.

There's still some tweaks to be made but absolutely go for it, it should be the "definitive" version soon if it isn't already ;-)

There should be some threads about it here on Gaf if you search.

Yeah, I hunted but didn't see anything too definitive.

I think most of my leeriness comes from not having played a fighting game in earnest in...I don't know... twenty years? I'm kind of scared that the barrier for entry is too high at this point, and I doubt I'll be able to 'git good' before SFV drops and everyone abandons IV for it.

Is there space in the online community for new people, as far as rank-based matchmaking or anything?

ryseing

Upcoming english Vita retail titles (NA/EU/AS):

- Lost Dimension;
- Dungeon Travelers 2;
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel;
- Corpse Party: Blood Drive;
- Earth Defense Force 2: Invaders from Planet Space;
- Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls;
- Superbeat: XONiC;
- Ar nosurge Plus: Ode to an Unborn Star;
- Norn9: Var Commons;
- Code: Realize Guardians of Rebirth;
- Xblaze Lost: Memories;
- Persona 4 Dancing All Night;
- Deception IV: The Nightmate Princess;
- Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence;
- J-Stars Victory +;
- One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3;
- Sword Art Online: Lost Song;
- Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth 3;
- Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax.

Mindblowing, isn't it?

And I'm not interested in any of these :/

It's looking more and more likely that Freedom Wars was the last Vita retail game I'm going to buy. Pretty much all of the upcoming Vita stuff that I'm interested in is indie so digital only.

Honestly, the current handheld market as a whole is depressing as shit for me. Only 3DS game I'm looking forward to is FE Fates. What I wouldn't give for the glory days of the PSP...

Bowl0l

Vita account sharing really doesn't sound like a good idea to me in general.
2nd that opinion. But since Sony allows up to 2 Vitas, I will not stop Wil.
@Wil, just make sure your friend knows that your PSN account balance is your real life money. It might not end well when the spending starts.

It's looking more and more likely that Freedom Wars was the last Vita retail game I'm going to buy. Pretty much all of the upcoming Vita stuff that I'm interested in is indie so digital only.

Honestly, the current handheld market as a whole is depressing as shit for me. Only 3DS game I'm looking forward to is FE Fates. What I wouldn't give for the glory days of the PSP...

Really, not even Trails?
Lost Dimension is pretty interesting going by the demo and the concept/story.
P4D is a must for me but I guess that depends entirely on if you like Persona or its music.
I'm playing Ar No Surge on PS3 right now it's a very nice jrpg.

I'm not very into super niche japanese stuff or even indies and I still find stuff to look forward to on the Vita.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
^First week of July between 2-4th July IIRC.

ARE THERE ANY SIGNS OF A FLASH SALE?!?! I NEED A FLASH SALE, I DON'T WANNA SPEND $31 ON STUFF THAT AREN'T DISCOUNTED, SONTY PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Top of the page:
Uh....get Skullgirls 2nd Encore preorder and don't forget to make use of this promo!
http://www.playstationnetwork.com/us-store-credit/

I'm not sure, maybe Shin Hayarigami.

July 2nd to 5th.

Thanks guys, i hope for strangers of sword city first of all, Digimon, ukyo no shishi and any other good non-nsfw game.

- Lost Dimension;
- Dungeon Travelers 2;
- J-Stars Victory +;

Mindblowing, isn't it?
Are those really all retail? Maybe in the US, and in any case i won't see any of them where i live :(
Is nobunaga for vita? I thought it was only for ps3 and 4 in west.

What i'll buy for sure:
lost dimension
trails
danganrnpa
deception
j star
nobunaga(if on vita)

maybe:
edf2
ar no surge
p4dan
sao
dengeki

While i understand what you mean i think that most of those games would fit in the psp lineup.
Edf2, lost dimension, trails, one piece, j star, corpse party, sao etc, most of these games already had a psp entry or very similar games were in the psp lineup.

Prelude.

Are those really all retail? Maybe in the US, and in any case i won't see any of them where i live :(
Is nobunaga for vita? I thought it was only for ps3 and 4 in west.
Nobunaga for Vita came out after the other version, it's still not announced in the west.

- Lost Dimension; NA/EU
- Dungeon Travelers 2; NA/EU
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel; NA/EU
- Corpse Party: Blood Drive; NA LE. EU not confirmed.
- Earth Defense Force 2: Invaders from Planet Space; NA. EU not confirmed.
- Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls; NA/EU
- Superbeat: XONiC; NA for sure, EU probably not since DJMax didn't either.
- Ar nosurge Plus: Ode to an Unborn Star; NA LE
- Norn9: Var Commons; NA
- Code: Realize Guardians of Rebirth; NA
- Xblaze Lost: Memories; NA. Another company will publish XBlaze1 in August in EU so maybe they'll do this too.
- Persona 4 Dancing All Night; NA. Probably/hopefully EU too.
- Deception IV: The Nightmate Princess; AS
- Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence; AS
- J-Stars Victory +; EU
- One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3; EU
- Sword Art Online: Lost Song; NA/EU
- Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth 3; NA/EU
- Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax. NA

Not 100% sure, that's what I remember. I've only listed Asia when it's the only physical english version available.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Nobunaga for Vita came out after the other version, it's still not announced in the west.

Not 100% sure, that's what I remember. I've only listed Asia when it's the only physical english version available.

Ok then, thanks :)
In any case i won't see them where i live :(

Prelude.

Ok then, thanks :)
In any case i won't see them where i live :(
Why? Just a few weeks ago I walked into a Gamestop and I found pretty much everything niche there's on Vita, even english-only games like Danganronpa 1/2.
I almost bought New Little King Story but then I realized it was €40. Oh Gamestop, never change.

Having said that, I don't know why anyone would ever buy games in a physical store, just buy from a UK shop and pay a third of the price.

RK128

- Lost Dimension;
- Dungeon Travelers 2;

- J-Stars Victory +;

Mindblowing, isn't it?

Thats a lot of games man XD! The bolded ones are plan on getting for sure some point between this year and next year :D. Not to mention the list of indie games coming this fall (Mighty No. 9, Shantae: Half Genie, Super Meat Boy, ect) and hopefully some more PS1 Classics landing on PSN (with Tron Bone on PSN.....maybe Legends 1 and 2 will come sometime so :)?), the Vita has a ton of games coming on it :D.

I plan on getting through my backlog this summer, as I have a lot of games to play through:
-Shovel Knight
-Freedom Wars
-Soul Sacrifice Delta
-Demon Gaze
-Sword Art Online Hallow Fragment
-LittleBigPlanet Vita
-Numerous PS1/PSP Classics (Crash/Spryo series, Trone Bone, Mega Man X4/X5, Silent Hill, MGS 1, SotN ect)

I also plan to play through the MGS series (never did that before) to honor Kojima's work with the franchise and....thats going to be a bit tricky :l. Not huge fan of how they plan and the controls bug me a bit, but I want to to this, as they are a huge part of gaming history. At the very least, I want to beat the original MGS, and I know I can do that :D.

I also own MGS2 and MGS3 through the Vita collection and I own MGS4 on my PS3 (one of the first games I got for it....and I barely played it :l.....birth of the backlog I assume XD).

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Why? Just a few weeks ago I walked into a Gamestop and I found pretty much everything niche there's on Vita, even english-only games like Danganronpa 1/2.
I almost bought New Little King Story but then I realized it was €40. Oh Gamestop, never change.

Having said that, I don't know why anyone would ever buy games in a physical store, just buy from a UK shop and pay a third of the price.

Well i guess that gamestop will have some of those, but the prices lol...
I have points with another shop, but it seems that it's not getting vita games anymore, or at least not those i'm interested in.

Since sony doesn't give a fuck about the Vita anymore they should just go to town with PSN sales. Give us some awesome flash sales regularly.

RK128

Since sony doesn't give a fuck about the Vita anymore they should just go to town with PSN sales. Give us some awesome flash sales regularly.

Like they have been doing? The big feature of the Vita is its very frequent sales, leading to tons of games being at crazy prices.

Just a few weeks back, there was a great flash sale that had a number of big first party (LBP Vita, Freedom Planet, Soul Sacrifice Delta, ect) for five bucks per game.

Not to mention for the past few years, Vita games have gotten great sales (since as far back when I got my Vita in 2013).

I'm sure they will have a big Vita sale during the Anime Convention (which I think is next month/next week?).

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I own the vast majority of the Sony first party titles that I actually want to play and I think my average sale price for them has been...around 3 dollars, so, I think they're at that stage already.

RK128

I own the vast majority of the Sony first party titles that I actually want to play and I think my average sale price for them has been...around 3 dollars, so, I think they're at that stage already.

That would be nice :). New Vita owners or people who never played Sony's first party tittles will have a chance to give them a shot :D.

Thinking about it...the only games I never got made by Sony are Orshika, Reality Fighters, and Resistance Burning Skies. And if you count these as Sony games, I own AC Liberation as a digital tittle and I owned a retail version of Black Ops Declassified before I traded it in.

Missing about 4-5 games compared to the 20-25 games Sony made for the platform.....thats something I think XD.

ZeroAKA

Thinking about it...the only games I never got made by Sony are Orshika, Reality Fighters, and Resistance Burning Skies.
I'm not sure whether to feel surprised or sorry for you. You should definitely get Resistance Burning Skies.
/s

RK128

I'm not sure whether to feel surprised or sorry for you. You should definitely get Resistance Burning Skies.
/s

Was that a good game Zero? If you are surprised....I DID get my Vita in 2013 when a ton of software was coming....so I guess that's why I skipped out on it :l.

Orihska is a game I do plan on getting but I want to clear my backlog a bit first :).

incpdo

Was that a good game Zero? If you are surprised....I DID get my Vita in 2013 when a ton of software was coming....so I guess that's why I skipped out on it :l.

Orihska is a game I do plan on getting but I want to clear my backlog a bit first :).
Resistance bs It is an ugly game for moments. Videos are ripped into 144p or something like that.they are ugly as shit There is only 1 save slot so you cannot have different saves maybe to show a friend a boss or something.But the game is fun and in my opinion a better game than declassified.

RK128

Resistabce bs It is an ugly game for moments. Videos are ripped into 144p or something like that. There is only 1 save slot so you cannot make They are ugly as shit. But the game is fun and in my opinion a better game than declassified.

Well, if I find it for five bucks or something, I will give it a shot then :).

Thank you for the impressions incpdo :D.

ZeroAKA

Absolutely not. I bought R:BS for $15 on Amazon and sold it for $20 after I got the platinum, which made the whole experience a bit more tolerable for me.

Like they have been doing? The big feature of the Vita is its very frequent sales, leading to tons of games being at crazy prices.

Just a few weeks back, there was a great flash sale that had a number of big first party (LBP Vita, Freedom Planet, Soul Sacrifice Delta, ect) for five bucks per game.

Not to mention for the past few years, Vita games have gotten great sales (since as far back when I got my Vita in 2013).

I'm sure they will have a big Vita sale during the Anime Convention (which I think is next month/next week?).

Well, I'm in Europe where sales aren't nearly as good but my Vita has been set to my american account lately for that reason.

RK128

Well, I'm in Europe where sales aren't nearly as good but my Vita has been set to my american account lately for that reason.

I understand then :). EU doesn't get that many flash sales while US PSN does quite often (at least once every month).

EU is getting better, as more and more games go on sale every month.

Edit: Top of page :D. Everyone get games from that E3 sale before they end and get some great games! Some solid Sony Vita games got price drops to 15 bucks, so if you are new to the Vita eco system or never played them before, pick a few of them up :D.

Top Bottom