• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | September 2015

So I guess the answer to whether Vita has a future in SCEJA is a resounding "no".

Disappointing but no surprise. Wonder how much longer PS Ecosystem development will continue including it.

Tizoc

So I guess the answer to whether Vita has a future in SCEJA is a resounding "no".

Disappointing but no surprise. Wonder how much longer PS Ecosystem development will continue including it.

Saga is coming to Vita, and there a bunch of other Vita games announced too.
They even started the dang thing talking about the Vita.

Massa

Neat.

About PS+ and PSN in general - Did they change anything about the way accounts work? I'm from Israel but I have a US account
If I buy a PS+ code for example, I need to buy one for the US, right?

Still the same, you need to buy US codes for your US account. Keep in mind though if you get a retail disc game locally any DLC has to be bought on a PSN account from the same region.

Were you talking about Sony, SCEJA or SCEWWS?

Heh.

Just to be clear, I meant whether SCEJA's studios and partners have a future developing for Vita (i.e. Japan Studio games; outsourced second party projects).

Looking at their showing today, it's pretty clear the answer is no.

Tizoc

Man who cares about Sonty and the Vita, that badass OLED's gonna give its owners hours of entertainment and classic PSOne and PSP goodness for years to come.
Also stability.

Speaking of PSOne, ESRB just rated this
Ms._Pac-Man_Maze_Madness_Coverart.png

And if you like Shmups, get the PSOne classic that's releasing this week, SHmupGAF approves of it.

So that dark chronicle/PS2 classics thing was just a rumor, right?

It's not a rumor, PEGI rated it, ESRB will rate it eventually.
They just hadn't officially announced it yet.

New Vita games from the conference:

One Piece: Burning blood
Saga: Scarlet grace
Tokyo RPG factory´s game
13 sentinels (Vanillaware)

Other vita games TGS list (might be incomplete and I have no idea how many that are VNs)

The Asterisk War: The Academy City of the Water Houka Kenran PSV Trailer, Stage
City Shrouded in Shadow “Granzella” ??? ???
Crows: Burning Edge PSV Trailer
Digimon World: Next Order PSV Trailer
Kamen Rider: Battride War Genesis PSV Trailer
Seraph of the End: The Origin of Fate PSV Trailer
Summon Night 6: Lost Borders PSV Trailer
Tokyo Ghoul: Jail PSV Trailer
Tokyo Xanadu PSV Playable
Angelique Retour PSV Trailer,Stage
Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book PSV Playable
Attack on Titan PSV Trailer, Stage
Kiniro no Corda 4 PSV Trailer
Yoru no Nai Kuni PSV Trailer, Stage
World End Eclipse PSV Stage Niconico Broadcast
Odinsphere: Leifthrasir PSV Playable (PS4)
Chain Chronicle V PSV Trailer
Flowers: Le Volume sur Ete PSV Trailer
Steins;Gate 0 PSV Playable, Stage, Trailer
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of this World ??? Playable, Stage
Hero Must Die PSV Trailer, Stage
Walpurgisgedichte PSV Trailer
Dragon Quest Heroes II: Twin Kings and the Prophecy’s End PSV Trailer
Dragon Quest Builders PSV Trailer, Stage
World of Final Fantasy PSV Trailer
Exist Archive: The Other Side of the Sky PSV Playable (PS4)

Gundam Conquest V PSV Trailer
Mobile Suit Gundam: Battle Fortress PSV Trailer
Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme VS Force ??? ???

RK128

I came into TGS with very little and safe expectations and....the fact that I was mostly on point about everything didn't shock me.

Gravity Rush 2 coming to PS4 should anger me a lot, as just like Tearaway Unfolded, we lost another great exclusive to the more 'successful' platform.....but I just don't care :l. Its great that its got more horsepower to play with being on PS4 and it does look nice, but I'm not excited about it at all. Guess it jumping from Vita too PS4 is why I feel this way but whatever; happy for those that are excited :).

Didn't expect Dangronmpa 3 to get a PS4 version.....but stranger things has happened :). Its still a Vita series (with the third game still coming to Vita) so its hard to get upset about things :D. The series home is Vita and it will stay that way going forward :).

More news on leaked and announced Vita games (Oiden Sphere, World of Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest Builders, ect) was nice to see :). Trailers and release date announcements (JP) are great; can help pin-point the localization's for NA (Builders for example could be a fall 2016 game for Vita, same with Heroes 2).

KH II.8 is a strange one; HD port of KH3D, Movie on the mobile game (how is that going to work) and a new episode of Birth By Sleep (using the same gameplay or it being a teaser for KH3?). Excited about it, but still a bit confused on what it is.

Other then that, feel indifferent to the whole thing :l.

Sony clearly gives two shits about the Vita and this conference almost confirms that but thanks to a lot of Vita announcements (thanks for making the list mellan_Konsten :D!):
New Vita games from the conference:

One Piece: Burning blood
Saga: Scarlet grace
Tokyo RPG factory´s game
13 sentinels (Vanillaware)

Other vita games TGS list (might be incomplete and I have no idea how many that are VNs)

The Asterisk War: The Academy City of the Water Houka Kenran PSV Trailer, Stage
City Shrouded in Shadow “Granzella” ??? ???
Crows: Burning Edge PSV Trailer
Kamen Rider: Battride War Genesis PSV Trailer
Seraph of the End: The Origin of Fate PSV Trailer
Tokyo Ghoul: Jail PSV Trailer
Angelique Retour PSV Trailer,Stage
Attack on Titan PSV Trailer, Stage
Kiniro no Corda 4 PSV Trailer
World End Eclipse PSV Stage Niconico Broadcast
Chain Chronicle V PSV Trailer
Flowers: Le Volume sur Ete PSV Trailer
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of this World ??? Playable, Stage
Walpurgisgedichte PSV Trailer
Dragon Quest Heroes II: Twin Kings and the Prophecy’s End PSV Trailer

Gundam Conquest V PSV Trailer
Mobile Suit Gundam: Battle Fortress PSV Trailer

The Vita has a lot coming and between these announcements and the upcoming indie line up, the Vita has a lot to look forward too :).

Well, it might not have had an amazing showing at the conference, well at least next year is going to go out with a bang.

RK128

Well, it might not have had an amazing showing at the conference, well at least next year is going to go out with a bang.

I hope most (if not all) get of those games get localized; that plus the currently announced games (Digimon CS, Zero Escape 3) will make 2016 an amazing year for Vita :).

2017 and 2018 are very uncertain for the console, but at least 2016 will have a great 'final' year for the platform :').

ZeroAKA

Maybe it's because I didn't actually stay up to watch the conference, but Miku and Toukiden are enough for me to call TGS a success. The rest are just nice bonuses. I'll wait for a price drop before buying Gravity Rush 2 though.

Edit: I lied, I NEED that Kat figure in the CE.

RK128

can a FFXII announcement still happen this week?

Yep :). The show only just started, so more Vita announcements are likely on the way throughout the week :D!

FFXII HD, KH3 World revels and even new FFXV gameplay are all on the table in the case of Square; they have a lot to show off.

Hikami

Damn, ended up passing out like 30 minutes before Sony's TGS stream. Time to catch up on all the news.

edit: caught up, Really surprised at Danganronpa 3 also on PS4. Was already expecting Gravity Rush 2 on PS4 only, might get it now though. Biggest problems I had with the first game was that the controls sucked on Vita and most of the world was just brown, seems like 2 might fix some of that. Titles for the Kingdom Hearts games made me laugh

NewDust

Just venting.... But I get utterly fed up with the EU PS Blog team and there inability to put together a decent store update post and reaction (or the lack thereof) to feedback and questions.

Alright VitaGAF no Vita-3000 this year. I needed a Vita like yesterday, so when is the best time to buy one? wait until Black Friday? is there even deals for Vita that day on Amazon? I like the Gamestop exclusive blue Vita but do they ship outside the US?

Benedict

Its still up on the US PSN store; just check under the PS+ tab in the Vita (US) PSN store and you will see a number of games having PS+ prices.

Haven't got US PSN on my Vita. Only for PS3 and PS4.
On PC PSN Store the sale has been removed

Chatin

I saw a GTA and 2k sale, but the cached pages are working weird and keep changing.

Edit: And banner ads up on the store now. Up to 80% off 2k.

I saw a GTA and 2k sale, but the cached pages are working weird and keep changing.

I've got this too, no prices updated though.

The new Trials DLC is on the Weekly Deals page as well but again, no new price. Might be a mistake, it seems a bit soon for that to be on sale but 50% off and I'm totally in.

NewDust

Anybody knows whats up with vvvvvv in EU? The game was set to release Aug 25th, even mentioned in the store update and linked to. Link takes you to a empty page. Is this the infamous EU Nicalis jank?

Edit: Seems to be up in certain territories.

Tizoc

I've got this too, no prices updated though.

The new Trials DLC is on the Weekly Deals page as well but again, no new price. Might be a mistake, it seems a bit soon for that to be on sale but 50% off and I'm totally in.

I'd get the new trails game+expansion for $15 at least :X

This thread was the closest I could find for this:

So I just turned my ps4 on and averything was doubled up and either green or pink - I could see everything on the screen and there was random blind spots on it as well...Switched it on & off same thing...Switched the hdmi cable same thing... Switched hdmi port on the tv,it's fine - my pc which was on the old ps4 hdmi socket is fine on the tv as well...Anybody know wth just happened? Nothing from google seems to show anything similar, I backed my save and synced my trophies while it was like that... The PS4's been kept well ventilated,dusted weekly and in a smoke free home - So it wasn't due to overheating/damage etc.

The ps4 is two weeks old & is the LE MGSV model CUH-1200 ... Was running the latest beta software...

I'm content with the TGS showing, sad that Gravity Rush 2 won't be on the Vita but damn it looked amazing on PS4.

That Tokyo RPG Factory game looks rad :)

incpdo

So bittersweet news for me. Gravity rush is stronger than ever but the 2nd part is only ps4 . I know it looks great but I enjoyed a lot the Vita version. In order to play the sequel I need to buy a ps4. Which is something i was planning to but the day ffxv is out. Which I thought could be early 2017 . now I have to buy the console early next year so I can catch up with the gravity rush release.

Regarding Vita . it is good to see new colors coming , so its not dead at all more thinking all the new games third parties are bringing over. So yeah . for me a good tgs this year after all.
BTW that assasins creed game is quite uninspired.

Gonna x-post from somewhere else my TGS thoughts now it's all done and the dust has settled:

I think I realised the biggest disappointment about TGS for me after thinking about it a little.
It's literally the first time I've realised that Vita doesn't have a future at all and is likely to be gone within the next couple of years.
And I know I'm stupid for not realising it sooner but...
Vita was always the little device that could for me. People were calling it dead since day 1, but it chugged on with all kinds of support over the years - and the constant was the Japanese market where it actually did alright. And I followed the Japanese market closely.
My thought process was always that Vita'd keep chugging along and slowly build up more and more install base, and eventually the franchises that make sense on Vita would go exclusive for a future release (hunting games like God Eater & Toukiden; VN's like DanganRonpa; maybe we'd eventually get an exclusive Tales spin-off etc.)
And when it got those exclusives, the userbase would grow a bit more and that'd lead to more games taking the plunge, and it'd sustain the console for at least somewhere close to PSP length.
But this TGS kinda hammered home to me that that's just not gonna happen. And it wasn't even Gravity Rush jumping ship... it was DanganRonpa going multi-plat. I thought "if this game is trying it on PS4, then the Vita really doesn't have a future", because Spike Chunsoft seemed determined to make it a Sony handheld IP (great ports of the first two games; new spinoff; hardware bundles etc.) I wouldn't be surprised to see a HD Collection of 1/2/AE come to PS4 now.
Toukiden staying as a PlayStation-family franchise helped with that too. They're not going to get strong sales from home consoles, but they're clearly not happy with keeping it as just a Vita IP. They may well be driving it into a grave by trying to transition it to home consoles.

Of course, oddly, the system is still getting exclusives. We got a Gundam game announced in the conference; Digimon is still coming; SaGa is still coming (although as an exclusive, I still very much doubt). And it's been working in reverse too - we get multi-plats of traditional home console games - Samurai Warriors; Dragon Quest Heroes; Atelier (I just realised these are literally all Koei-Tecmo, haha).
And as games are releasing on the "ecosystem" even more, I suppose there's always a chance for Vita to live a lot longer supported by these multi-plats releases. But given that devs don't seem to have a problem targeting PS4 exclusives despite the lack of userbase (i.e. Yakuza 6; Ni-Oh) and even the niche devs saying they want to drive PS4 userbase (Nippon Ichi), and the fact that it almost feels that Sony are incentivizing anything that was planned as Vita-only with a PS4 version too (I'd be shocked if Exist Archive & Ys 8 weren't originally Vita games), the long-term goal seems to be to transition what's left of the dedicated userbase over to PS4 over the next year or two.
Because they have no plans for a future beyond that. And that's a real bummer to me.

But anyway, to end on a more positive note, at least 2016 should go out with a nice bang. Plenty of localizations I'm already hyped about (Digimon; World of Final Fantasy; Sen no Kiseki); plenty I'm certain will be announced at some point (Atelier; Neptunia; DanganRonpa); plenty I'm crossing my fingers for (Exist Archive; Yoru no Nai Kuni; Tokyo Xanadu) and even a few imports in there I may be interested in (Gundam; Dragon Quest Builders etc.)
Throw in those leaked western titles (XCOM/CivRev/Assassin's Creed) and a splattering of indies (Drift Stage/Drifter/Vektor Wars) and at least it'll see plenty of use into the sunset.

incpdo

Gonna x-post from somewhere else my TGS thoughts now it's all done and the dust has settled:

I think I realised the biggest disappointment about TGS for me after thinking about it a little.
It's literally the first time I've realised that Vita doesn't have a future at all and is likely to be gone within the next couple of years.
And I know I'm stupid for not realising it sooner but...
Vita was always the little device that could for me. People were calling it dead since day 1, but it chugged on with all kinds of support over the years - and the constant was the Japanese market where it actually did alright. And I followed the Japanese market closely.
My thought process was always that Vita'd keep chugging along and slowly build up more and more install base, and eventually the franchises that make sense on Vita would go exclusive for a future release (hunting games like God Eater & Toukiden; VN's like DanganRonpa; maybe we'd eventually get an exclusive Tales spin-off etc.)
And when it got those exclusives, the userbase would grow a bit more and that'd lead to more games taking the plunge, and it'd sustain the console for at least somewhere close to PSP length.
But this TGS kinda hammered home to me that that's just not gonna happen. And it wasn't even Gravity Rush jumping ship... it was DanganRonpa going multi-plat. I thought "if this game is trying it on PS4, then the Vita really doesn't have a future", because Spike Chunsoft seemed determined to make it a Sony handheld IP (great ports of the first two games; new spinoff; hardware bundles etc.) I wouldn't be surprised to see a HD Collection of 1/2/AE come to PS4 now.
Toukiden staying as a PlayStation-family franchise helped with that too. They're not going to get strong sales from home consoles, but they're clearly not happy with keeping it as just a Vita IP. They may well be driving it into a grave by trying to transition it to home consoles.

Of course, oddly, the system is still getting exclusives. We got a Gundam game announced in the conference; Digimon is still coming; SaGa is still coming (although as an exclusive, I still very much doubt). And it's been working in reverse too - we get multi-plats of traditional home console games - Samurai Warriors; Dragon Quest Heroes; Atelier (I just realised these are literally all Koei-Tecmo, haha).
And as games are releasing on the "ecosystem" even more, I suppose there's always a chance for Vita to live a lot longer supported by these multi-plats releases. But given that devs don't seem to have a problem targeting PS4 exclusives despite the lack of userbase (i.e. Yakuza 6; Ni-Oh) and even the niche devs saying they want to drive PS4 userbase (Nippon Ichi), and the fact that it almost feels that Sony are incentivizing anything that was planned as Vita-only with a PS4 version too (I'd be shocked if Exist Archive & Ys 8 weren't originally Vita games), the long-term goal seems to be to transition what's left of the dedicated userbase over to PS4 over the next year or two.
Because they have no plans for a future beyond that. And that's a real bummer to me.

But anyway, to end on a more positive note, at least 2016 should go out with a nice bang. Plenty of localizations I'm already hyped about (Digimon; World of Final Fantasy; Sen no Kiseki); plenty I'm certain will be announced at some point (Atelier; Neptunia; DanganRonpa); plenty I'm crossing my fingers for (Exist Archive; Yoru no Nai Kuni; Tokyo Xanadu) and even a few imports in there I may be interested in (Gundam; Dragon Quest Builders etc.)
Throw in those leaked western titles (XCOM/CivRev/Assassin's Creed) and a splattering of indies (Drift Stage/Drifter/Vektor Wars) and at least it'll see plenty of use into the sunset.
Mm exist archive is a Vita game as far as I know and looks great. Is the Vita version cancelled or something? I see some media saying is ps4/Vita . I understand your feelings. Gravity rush was born on Vita. It's sad everything good and exclusive its having a ps4 release too. Well I think Vita will be alive at least 2 to 3 years more. Maybe and just maybe will be lucky enough to give a nice battle before dying. The future on Vita shows on everybody's backlog.it just keeps growing. Even when the console has no Sony support at all, Alright niche Japanese games it is. But has some really nice ones. Even when I tend to believe I'm supporting an already dead console the pure reality is that we keep getting more and more games and right now , this year was a big year for localizations. That's gotta mean something. This year we have a NA new colored PS Vita 2000 which is weird enough. More colors on the Japanese market. Idk. I think Sony gave up but the situation improves little by little. Maybe not saving at all the console but giving us some hell of an experience. I thought for a moment the same with Psp . like 3 years after the Psp came out and was such a "failure" monster hunter changed everything. Im not trying to give false hopes but the reality is , you never know what will happen.

Edit: just searched and indeed Exist archive will come to Japanese vitas in December. I'm pretty excited for this as it is an spike chunsoft - tri ace production. The music and style its pretty much like Valkyrie profile. So yeah please localize thisssss. Looks awesome.

Mm exist archive is a Vita game as far as I know and looks great. Is the Vita version cancelled or something? I see some media saying is ps4/Vita . I understand your feelings. Gravity rush was born on Vita. It's sad everything good and exclusive its having a ps4 release too. Well I think Vita will be alive at least 2 to 3 years more. Maybe and just maybe will be lucky enough to give a nice battle before dying. The future on Vita shows on everybody's backlog.it just keeps growing. Even when the console has no Sony support at all, Alright niche Japanese games it is. But has some really nice ones. Even when I tend to believe I'm supporting an already dead console the pure reality is that we keep getting more and more games and right now , this year was a big year for localizations. That's gotta mean something. This year we have a NA new colored PS Vita 2000 which is weird enough. More colors on the Japanese market. Idk. I think Sony gave up but the situation improves little by little. Maybe not saving at all the console but giving us some hell of an experience. I thought for a moment the same with Psp . like 3 years after the Psp came out and was such a "failure" monster hunter changed everything. Im not trying to give false hopes but the reality is , you never know what will happen.

In all honesty, I think Dragon Quest Builders could be the Monster Hunter hit Vita never got.

autoduelist

Sony clearly gives two shits about the Vita and this conference almost confirms that but thanks to a lot of Vita announcements (thanks for making the list mellan_Konsten :D!):

But this TGS kinda hammered home to me that that's just not gonna happen. And it wasn't even Gravity Rush jumping ship... it was DanganRonpa going multi-plat.

I snipped a lot from both of your posts... but I think you guys are slightly misreading Sony here. Think of it from the perspective of a multinational corporation that has had financial trouble in the past but have found massive success with the PS4.

It's not that they "give two shits" about the Vita... it's really not about the Vita at all. It's about the PS4, and a concerted effort to get the Japanese gaming public buying consoles again.

Why? Well, a lot of reasons. For one, some of the games produced in Japan are actually important to the Playstation brand world wide. It's not a specific game, or a specific franchise, but just part of the general Playstation appeal that the west gets some localizations that the X1 would never get. That's one of the things that defines the Playstation brand/experience.

And so they don't want to see console gaming die out in Japan -- because that would be the true end of an era. Now, with the success of the PS4 they are attempting to help leverage things like GR and Danganronpa to shift Japanese gamers to consoles too. That shift, if successful, will further expand the PS4's library/brand/worldwide appeal.

Of course, that's not the only reason, or possibly even the biggest reason, but it's there.

There's the secondary issue that Vita simply isn't the success they were hoping for. It has a diehard base [raises hand], but it's not like putting a TLOU or another Uncharted or whatever on Vita will suddenly 'save' it. They've tried all that, and it never worked. Letting indies and 3rd parties and localization teams do the heavy lifting -does- work. Keeping that in consideration, it's not the they 'give two shits' about it, it's that they recognize that pumping money into new properties wasn't working, but pumping [less] money into grabbing indies and localizations and supporting third parties -was- working.

If anything, I think Sony has shown they do care about the Vita (See: indies and localizations)... and the move of GR to PS4 shouldn't be seen as some attack (or 'ignore') on the vita, but rather a simple, direct, business decision that is trying to get consoles into Japanese living rooms for a variety of fairly important reasons.

It's not dissimilar to Uncharted: GA coming to Vita. No one suspected Sony of abandoning their consoles when the Vita got an exclusive 'console' game -- rather, it's simply an obvious push to sell Vitas (or, PSPs beforehand) to console owners that like certain established franchises. Moving GR/etc to PS4 is just the same thing, in reverse.

RK128

I snipped a lot from both of your posts... but I think you guys are slightly misreading Sony here. Think of it from the perspective of a multinational corporation that has had financial trouble in the past but have found massive success with the PS4.

It's not that they "give two shits" about the Vita... it's really not about the Vita at all. It's about the PS4, and a concerted effort to get the Japanese gaming public buying consoles again.

Why? Well, a lot of reasons. For one, some of the games produced in Japan are actually important to the Playstation brand world wide. It's not a specific game, or a specific franchise, but just part of the general Playstation appeal that the west gets some localizations that the X1 would never get. That's one of the things that defines the Playstation brand/experience.

And so they don't want to see console gaming die out in Japan -- because that would be the true end of an era. Now, with the success of the PS4 they are attempting to help leverage things like GR and Danganronpa to shift Japanese gamers to consoles too. That shift, if successful, will further expand the PS4's library/brand/worldwide appeal.

Of course, that's not the only reason, or possibly even the biggest reason, but it's there.

There's the secondary issue that Vita simply isn't the success they were hoping for. It has a diehard base [raises hand], but it's not like putting a TLOU or another Uncharted or whatever on Vita will suddenly 'save' it. They've tried all that, and it never worked. Letting indies and 3rd parties and localization teams do the heavy lifting -does- work. Keeping that in consideration, it's not the they 'give two shits' about it, it's that they recognize that pumping money into new properties wasn't working, but pumping [less] money into grabbing indies and localizations and supporting third parties -was- working.

If anything, I think Sony has shown they do care about the Vita (See: indies and localizations)... and the move of GR to PS4 shouldn't be seen as some attack (or 'ignore') on the vita, but rather a simple, direct, business decision that is trying to get consoles into Japanese living rooms for a variety of fairly important reasons.

It's not dissimilar to Uncharted: GA coming to Vita. No one suspected Sony of abandoning their consoles when the Vita got an exclusive 'console' game -- rather, it's simply an obvious push to sell Vitas (or, PSPs beforehand) to console owners that like certain established franchises. Moving GR/etc to PS4 is just the same thing, in reverse.

Very well put together statement and I agree with a lot of what you are saying. You raise a lot of good points and Sony pulling Studio Japan off Vita and having them develop on PS4 should be a sign that they are serious in reviving console gaming in Japan.

I wasn't thinking logically with my statement (still biter about the game not coming to Vita.....) but I do agree that Sony made lemons out of lemonade with the Vita; help JP publishers and indies get software on Vita and let that community thrive while also courting those same JP publishers to develop on PS4 and shifting the entire gaming division of Sony into only making PS4 titles.

They are trying HARD to make the PS4 huge and while first party wise I'm not seeing it, they are trying. 2015 being the year of dreams coming true with Shenmue, Last Guardian, FFVII Remake, and more being a real, tangible thing along really is telling of how much Sony is wanting the PS4 to be a success.

Again, I'm just bitter with how they are treating the Vita; pulling Tearaway and Gravity Rush off the console really angered me but I understand why they did it. Both are great original IP that stand above the rest of Sony's Vita IPs; them having new life on PS4 is only a natural event considering potential and quality of both IP. Soul Sacrifice and Freedom Wars are other new IP I could see making the same leap within the next year; Gravity Rush doing this really is telling that Sony WILL do that with Vita IP.

The Vita was a 'mistake' on Sony's part and they made the most of it; lots of great games landed on the platform, it has fantastic design/hardware, lots of developers love working with it, and it is one of the best consoles Sony put out in recent years. SCEA and SCEE don't want to support it and SCEJA decided to follow suit, thus Tearaway, Gravity Rush and likely other Vita IP will be landing on PS4 in the future.

It bites and angers me....but like I said about Tearaway Unfolded; it sucks that they are leaving the Vita, but if it means getting exposure to new audiences and thriving from the new platform they jump too, I can't be angry at great games getting the success they deserve.

I am sorry if I came off as ignorant, as I am better than that and grew a lot from my time here last year and this year.

Thank you for making your great points and I hope my points further explain things :). Hope everyone is happy with TGS and that it only gets better from here on out :D!

Powwa

I don't agree with a few parts of your post.

Personally I don't think Sony did their best with supporting the console. I mean it is the first Sony console that lost first party support in what, 3 years?

Aside Uncharted, none of the bigger Sony titles made it to the system. No Gran Turismo, no God of War, no Infamous. There was already a huge stigma around the console that is still going on even on GAF, "no games". And Sony didn't act on time to get rid of it. I don't buy the "industry wanted Vita dead" approach because 3DS and PS3 had the same issue but with meaningful support they survived. I mean okay maybe Vita was never going to be a huge success but I think they led Vita to its situation themselves.

And there is difference with Uncharted:GA situation and Gravity Rush 2. Because Uncharted was only a spin-off that was made from a different studio, the series wasn't abandoning the home consoles.

Oh well, overall I'm glad I've a Vita. I enjoyed many great games and indies I normally wouldn't play on a different system. It will survive at least for 1-2 years in the west and after that I will probably move on to Nintendo's next handheld.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
I am most excited for the SE games for Vita. DQ builders, and Final Fantasy Legend remake. World of final fantasy is also very interesting to me. Also interesting that Toukiden is going open world. Good conference overall. I can say I am satisfied.

Shizuka

I am most excited for the SE games for Vita. DQ builders, and Final Fantasy Legend remake. World of final fantasy is also very interesting to me. Also interesting that Toukiden is going open world. Good conference overall. I can say I am satisfied.

There is also SaGa, Setsuna and DQH2. A lot of Vita titles from Squeenix, I'm impressed.

Top Bottom