• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | September 2015

Tizoc

Dat Persona 5 news
Ja84ktP.gif

I ain't mad, tyt Atlus and deliver a top notch game :3

maouvin

Now they just need to delay Estival Versus (on US) from "winter 2015" to "2016" and we can cancel christmas this year.

RK128

Good news! We're getting Yoru no Nai Kuni in 2016!

Bad news, it's ps4 only.

yoru.jpg

:l......

So another Vita exclusive lost to the wind....

At least its coming over and there still is a Vita version coming; for all we know, that still is coming stateside, but they might want to launch it a few months apart from the PS4 build (sorta like the deal with Ar No Surge; PS3 version one year, Plus version on Vita the following year or two).

Saphirax

:l......

So another Vita exclusive lost to the wind....

At least its coming over and there still is a Vita version coming; for all we know, that still is coming stateside, but they might want to launch it a few months apart from the PS4 build (sorta like the deal with Ar No Surge; PS3 version one year, Plus version on Vita the following year or two).

Doubtful. PS4, PS3 and Vita versions will be identical. It's more likely that they don't see the vita version as being profitable...

RK128

Doubtful. PS4, PS3 and Vita versions will be identical. It's more likely that they don't see the vita version as being profitable...

Okay, guess I can add this to the list of games I plan on not getting next year then :).

Thanks for the heads up, will save me money for other stuff next year (so much is coming XD!).

After the news of Gravity Rush, I am very bitter regarding any game on Vita jumping ship to PS4. They want to do that, cool, but I refuse to pick it up (even if I am personally looking forward to it).

Yes, its spiteful and its not like me to be a bitter person, but I don't care. Sorry guys :(.

maouvin

Bad news, it's ps4 only.

yoru.jpg

I was going to grab the PS4 version anyway as it'll be the better one performance-wise, but I can't say I like seeing the Vita version being dropped on localization.

Saphirax

I was going to grab the PS4 version anyway as it'll be the better version performance-wise, but I can't say I like seeing the Vita version being dropped on localization.

I usually get the Vita version since it's cheaper :p. But, yeah remote play it is!

Okay, guess I can add this to the list of games I plan on not getting next year then :).

Thanks for the heads up, will save me money for other stuff next year (so much is coming XD!).

After the news of Gravity Rush, I am very bitter regarding any game on Vita jumping ship to PS4. They want to do that, cool, but I refuse to pick it up (even if I am personally looking forward to it).

Yes, its spiteful and its not like me to be a bitter person, but I don't care. Sorry guys :(.

I understand how you feel, but I do wonder now how the Atelier games sold on Vita. Seems strange we've yet to hear about Escha & Logy + for the West. Maybe the sales were abysmal and they don't want to bother with Vita releases anymore? :/

RK128

I usually get the Vita version since it's cheaper :p. But, yeah remote play it is!

I understand how you feel, but I do wonder now how the Atelier games sold on Vita. Seems strange we've yet to hear about Escha & Logy + for the West. Maybe the sales were abysmal and they don't want to bother with Vita releases anymore? :/

They likely were big sellers during sales but not sure-fire hits. So in that case, I could see hesitation in putting more games on Vita in the west.

They should still do so, but its there game; like it not, its there decision where its best for their games to be on.

I just wont buy there games if they do not come to Vita; will not buy GR2 or GR: Remastered, so I will not be buying this.

Phototropic

Neo Member
I understand the Vita love, but having both the Vita and PS4 I will take games on either system, so long as they come over. I'd much rather get games on PS4 over Vita than nothing at all.

Hikami

So hard to keep up with all these announcements
Nice to see Yoru no nai Kuni coming over. Not really mad about P5 delay, just hoping they can release it here close to the JP date.

Chuy

Someone want to verify something for me: I'm unable to find the god eater game for psp on the psn store. It removed or am I unlucky?
Friend wanted to try the game after seeing the anime.

Chances on a TGS or any flash sale this weekend, or is it likely to be next weekend?
I'm inclined to say this weekend since flash sales generally don't happen at the last weekend of the month. Could be wrong though.

Ephidel

Someone want to verify something for me: I'm unable to find the god eater game for psp on the psn store. It removed or am I unlucky?
Friend wanted to try the game after seeing the anime.
Still on the EU store for me.
Now you mention it I can't actually seem to find it on the US store. Searching God Eater and Gods Eater brings up nothing, and the link to the store page I nabbed off google directs to a page with no buy or download button (https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...urst/cid=UP0367-ULUS10563_00-GODSEATERBURSTNA)

Shizuka

I hope that with all these PS4/Vita Square-Enix releases in Japan, they don't forget the Vita when these games get localized.

Vylash

Bad news, it's ps4 only.

yoru.jpg
hell yes, day zero

Dusk has performed like shit in general so I'd imagine they don't feel like bothering with that saga anymore

Lucentto

Banned
I hope that with all these PS4/Vita Square-Enix releases in Japan, they don't forget the Vita when these games get localized.

They won't even localize the PS3 versions of DQ Heroes and Star Ocean 5. Chances are they don't care about the Vita.

Chuy

Now you mention it I can't actually seem to find it on the US store. Searching God Eater and Gods Eater brings up nothing, and the link to the store page I nabbed off google directs to a page with no buy or download button (https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...urst/cid=UP0367-ULUS10563_00-GODSEATERBURSTNA)
That's just absolutely fantastic. So only way to play the series now is to import the new releases. Lovely

They won't even localize the PS3 versions of DQ Heroes and Star Ocean 5. Chances are they don't care about the Vita.
I'm pretty sure that the vita versions of their few released games here did well enough to justify bringing over future ones.

You playing games or hardware? Either way remote play it i guess.

I never get why people just default to this response.

It's not a case of "I only want the game on x platform or no purchase" for me, more a matter of practicality. I'm rarely at home long enough to sit down and invest a couple of hours into a JRPG at a time. In fact I rarely get an hour or so.

I do, however, have time to game while I'm out and about during the day, or when I'm travelling at weekends (or indeed if I'm away from home at weekends).

So most of my gaming time comes from handhelds at present. I can play for 20 minutes on a train, suspend and play a bit more later. I can play some in the evenings while waiting to meet friends and then suspend and play again in the morning when I'm travelling back.

And in that respect, remote play is pretty useless for me unless I'm near a constant wi-fi connection (rarity). Even then my home network connection (where my PS4 is) is kinda pants.

All this is not to say I don't have time to game on home consoles - it happens when I'm not out and about at weekends, or if I get home from work earlier than I expect, but when that happens I have a backlog of stuff I want to play. I've been slogging away at Dragon Age: Inquisition for months.

So when there's a handheld option, I go for it. As you can see from the post you quoted, I didn't say I wouldn't buy it on PS4 if that's the only option, just that it wouldn't be a day 1 purchase (because I'd buy it whenever I had time to get around to it). It's not a case of "playing hardware or games" at all.

autoduelist

If you want to play it, just get it. Your dollars are seen as support and mean more games potentially coming over... your lack of support doesn't mean anything since they don't know you might have spent money.

I posted an OT for Shütshimi which is on PS4 and Vita. Drop by if you've played the game or wanna play the game, there's a bunch of codes to be given away!

Thanks for the heads up! Posted!

You playing games or hardware? Either way remote play it i guess.

Hardware, usually. Not generally my choice.

It's not a case of "I only want the game on x platform or no purchase" for me, more a matter of practicality. I'm rarely at home long enough to sit down and invest a couple of hours into a JRPG at a time. In fact I rarely get an hour or so.

I do, however, have time to game while I'm out and about during the day, or when I'm travelling at weekends (or indeed if I'm away from home at weekends).

So most of my gaming time comes from handhelds at present. I can play for 20 minutes on a train, suspend and play a bit more later. I can play some in the evenings while waiting to meet friends and then suspend and play again in the morning when I'm travelling back.

And in that respect, remote play is pretty useless for me unless I'm near a constant wi-fi connection (rarity). Even then my home network connection (where my PS4 is) is kinda pants.

All this is not to say I don't have time to game on home consoles - it happens when I'm not out and about at weekends, or if I get home from work earlier than I expect, but when that happens I have a backlog of stuff I want to play. I've been slogging away at Dragon Age: Inquisition for months.

So when there's a handheld option, I go for it. As you can see from the post you quoted, I didn't say I wouldn't buy it on PS4 if that's the only option, just that it wouldn't be a day 1 purchase (because I'd buy it whenever I had time to get around to it). It's not a case of "playing hardware or games" at all.

Yup. As a dad, the Vita is my goto machine. Always. I might get to play my PS4 late night if I'm not so tired that I need to just go to bed, but I can find time to play Vita here and there.

Every dad (or mom, I suppose) should get a vita. So nice. I also don't mind using a vita on flights/etc whereas I really wouldn't be comfortable holding a 2/3ds in public, but that's just me.

Powwa

Same here. I also have to travel almost 3 hours cause of work everyday so Vita is a perfect fit for me. For some strange reason I also prefer Vita while I'm at home because I want to do other stuff too every once in a while, so I just pause and do other stuff and come back to my game after a few hours.

I hope this "Let's ignore PSV version for localization" won't become a trend with publishers because I'd really like to play Yoru na Nai Kuni and there are tons of multiplatform Vita JRPGs for next year.

Vylash

I hope this "Let's ignore PSV version for localization" won't become a trend with publishers because I'd really like to play Yoru na Nai Kuni and there are tons of multiplatform Vita JRPGs for next year.
list of devs who will ignore vita:
KT, Sony

list of devs who will maybe ignore vita: Square Enix

list of devs who will continue to fully support the vita until every vita explodes and turns into dust:
everyone else

They won't forget about the Vita.

because they don't even think about it at all.

I actually really want that cute looking game, World of Final Fantasy, for Vita.

RK128

They won't forget about the Vita.

because they don't even think about it at all.

I actually really want that cute looking game, World of Final Fantasy, for Vita.

Don't worry about World of FF, as that was announced at E3 2015 as a Vita/PS4 game; it will be coming out on Vita whenever it releases next year/2017 for NA/EU :).

Went onto the PSN store tonight to buy the DriveClub bundle and Sony keeps giving me an "unable to process order" error. I go to my account and try to manually add funds using my saved credit card (which I've used to buy all my PS4 content so far) and it says my credit card info is invalid, which it obviously isn't. Googling I see this is a longstanding problem, with no clear fix. Ahhh...

Prelude.

So, today came out the european demo of Dungeon Travelers 2, iirc you can transfer the save to the full game, can you do that without ps+? I don't see the transfer icon on the live area.

Well, it's pretty stupid regardless. Why are they even skipping the Vita for this but not for Samurai Warriors 4: Empires? I'm not saying they should localize that instead of SW but it doesn't take a genius to understand that, between the two, there's probably gonna be more interest in YnNK than SW4.

Top Bottom