• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | March 2015

SerTapTap

Still don't have much for subtitles for Axiom Verge. Kind of thinking of Traceback's a Glitch. I kinda want a pun and both Trace and glitch seem apt for it.

KePoW

Banned
Hi All,

Not sure if this is the right thread, but hopefully one of you can answer.

I just bought & received a new PS4 from amazon. I also went ahead and bought a 2.5" 1TB HD to use in my PS4. My question is --

Do I need to setup the PS4 first and create my account with the default HD? Or can I just physically put in the new HD first without even using the PS4 at all?

Thanks for any help

Hikami

I actually took my 3DS out with me for once, got a few streetpasses. Forgot I had set my greeting to 'Buy a Vita!'.
Just lol'd when I saw that.

Anyways, hope April's PS+ games are good. Don't even remember what this month's were since they probably didn't interest me enough to download.

kudoboi

I actually took my 3DS out with me for once, got a few streetpasses. Forgot I had set my greeting to 'Buy a Vita!'.
Just lol'd when I saw that.

Anyways, hope April's PS+ games are good. Don't even remember what this month's were since they probably didn't interest me enough to download.

it was counter-spy, valiant hearts, odd n tasty something and 1 more random game for me. they sure as hell didnt manage to get me to pay for PS+ after the 2 days free trial with those "free" games.

SerTapTap

Hi All,

Not sure if this is the right thread, but hopefully one of you can answer.

I just bought & received a new PS4 from amazon. I also went ahead and bought a 2.5" 1TB HD to use in my PS4. My question is --

Do I need to setup the PS4 first and create my account with the default HD? Or can I just physically put in the new HD first without even using the PS4 at all?

Thanks for any help

Just put in the new HDD and do a full installation, downloading the OS here, a USB stick is required. I never even spun up the original HDD in my 20th anniversary PS4, went straight to a 1TB SSHD. It's a little annoying to go through the install but it's required to switch HDDs anyway.

Li Kao

Hmm, Dragon Crown doesn't seem to be in my download list, although I downloaded it when I had Plus. It was part of the reason I wanted to resub, now I'm iffy.

autoduelist

Since you "resurrected" Shahid i found an interview of just few days ago
http://thewayfaringdreamer.com/shahid-ahmad-interview/

apparently he's working on 50 Vita games.

I hope you are wrong, but in any case a dd-only game can't be anything too big.

solid interview, recommended reading.

I have Bloodborne Disk Version installed on my PS4. If I click to download the Digital Version from the store (I own it too), will it download the whole game again?
If I click to download the store digital version, will I still need to keep my disk in the tray for it to work properly, or not?

To convert from physical to digital on ps4:

1. Remove disc
2. Delete game from library (this will not delete saves)
3a (game owned digitally already) -- Click on game in library to start dl'ing it (same place you deleted it).
3b (game not owned digitally) -- buy in store to start downloading.

You will not be able to dl it while you have the physical installed. You will not need the disc once you download/install the digital version.

I have now finished Knack, why does so many people dislike it?

I really enjoyed the combat and think that cutcsenes are a smart way of using a checkpoint system without the need of showing it in the levels.

I would love to have this combat system in a more complex game :)

VLiberty

Since you "resurrected" Shahid i found an interview of just few days ago
http://thewayfaringdreamer.com/shahid-ahmad-interview/

apparently he's working on 50 Vita games.

[...]The important point for me is, games are games are games. It’s going to be a great experience or it’s not. The games we have on Vita now are a great experience. My argument was, if, from a business perspective, its proving difficult for publishers to bring large AAA games to Vita, then we should at least have great games on Vita.[...]

Loving every single word.

Will read more once I'll have a bit of time

Li Kao

It should be there, try the webstore.

I was looking on the webstore actually. But I just took a glance and can't say I know my way in this mess of download history , purchase history etc. (just a fucking tip Sony, let me sort by console)
One thing is for sure, the game had not blue icon next to its price. I just tried on the vita and there is my blue icon, cool. So there is a chance I fucked up my check but I wonder if it isn't due to psn instability. I had a lot of network error when I checked on the vita 5 min ago.

Shizuka

I was looking on the webstore actually. But I just took a glance and can't say I know my way in this mess of download history , purchase history etc. (just a fucking tip Sony, let me sort by console)
One thing is for sure, the game had not blue icon next to its price. I just tried on the vita and there is my blue icon, cool. So there is a chance I fucked up my check but I wonder if it isn't due to psn instability. I had a lot of network error when I checked on the vita 5 min ago.

There is a trick somewhere that'll let you sort your downloads on the webstore, I just keep forgetting how.

SerTapTap

I really enjoyed the combat and think that cutcsenes are a smart way of using a checkpoint system without the need of showing it in the levels.

In the current "next gen" environment it kinda seems like being a mediocre game is a far worse crime than being a bad game. Granted I don't personally have any drive to try Knack. I just really doubt it deserves it's meme status for being an (apparently) meh platformer.

autoduelist

In the current "next gen" environment it kinda seems like being a mediocre game is a far worse crime than being a bad game. Granted I don't personally have any drive to try Knack. I just really doubt it deserves it's meme status for being an (apparently) meh platformer.

I haven't picked up Knack yet, but eventually plan to. Also, in addition to what you mention it was a launch title at a time when the console wars were in full bloom and people expected games to somehow be totally different with the new gen. That's a lot of heat for a game to take.

ascii42

Knack's barely a platformer. It's more of an old-school brawler with some inspiration from God of War.

But it isn't a platformer it's an action game, I think it would be better if people saw it like an evolution of the Lego games (but instead of open it's linear). It also is a game made for a younger audience so I can see why so many adults are complaining about how it's not next gen enough for them.

As I understands it a lot of kids today start with the Lego games and if you see it from that perspective it's easy to see how Knack could be a great transition for those kids into more complex games. The Lego games is more or less mash a button to defeat the enemies and knack have a similar (simple) control scheme but with one important difference, placement. This is the reason to why I have enjoyed the game as much as I have. The whole game is about pattern recognition and placement.

With the most popular games for the "core gamers" now being DS/Bloodborne and monster hunter I can see how kids that have played knack will have some basic understanding to how these games are played.

The variations and reskinned enemies is also a good thing if you want the kids to learn the tells, feel like they are getting better and continue to play.

I also find that the different size of knack is a great distraction to make the combat feel less repetitive and the fact that you almost always have a human ai that follows you let you constantly confirm how big you are at the moment.

I think that the problem with Knack is that a lot of people thought/think that it is a platformer, which it isn't :)

Vylash

it's basically Tedium: The Game

Tizoc

Here's a few pictures.

wDWwBVX.jpg

FIxK4nX.jpg

VAwjOSN.jpg

zAQGmDH.jpg

Dude
Use Quote tags!
Nice grip, gonna recommend it to my brother once he learns about remote play.

SerTapTap

Looks like a Powergrip knockoff (unless powergrip is also a knockoff of something). Hard to blame the, it's a good design. The non Nyokko ones don't seem to come with extra batteries though. I still don't have a Vita 2000 power grip, is there an exact analog to the powergrip?

Omerta

I find it frustrating when people rag on shahid... To me, it personifies everything I hate about internet culture.

Here, we have a guy who's probably responsible for more vita game's existence than anyone else on the planet and we're tearing him a new arsehole because he tweets perhaps a little too enthusiastically.

Keep doing the good work, Shahid.

Massa

I find it frustrating when people rag on shahid... To me, it personifies everything I hate about internet culture.

Here, we have a guy who's probably responsible for more vita game's existence than anyone else on the planet and we're tearing him a new arsehole because he tweets perhaps a little too enthusiastically.

Keep doing the good work, Shahid.

Right on.

autoduelist

So if I go to PS4 apps like the Store or Netflix, I'm now greeted with a blue screen with a cancel button at the bottom.

Is this a widespread issue? Any idea how to fix it or what might be at issue?

I can still play Bloodborne.

EDIT -- full turn off / on fixed it. will rebuild database while i'm at it.

Shinriji

So if I go to PS4 apps like the Store or Netflix, I'm now greeted with a blue screen with a cancel button at the bottom.

Is this a widespread issue? Any idea how to fix it or what might be at issue?

I can still play Bloodborne.

EDIT -- full turn off / on fixed it. will rebuild database while i'm at it.

It is a common issue with the store. There is 2 simple fixes. If you have another user on your PS4, just log-out/log in. Or you can uncheck / check the wi-fi box on settings. You don't have to turn off the system.

Well, according to the link on Gematsu, the producer Junichi Yoshizawa says that Freedom Wars sequel depends on fan demand. The game did a lot of things right, if they capture all of the game's strengths and fix the weaknesses, this could be an amazing sequel.

Where do I sign ;)

What I want from a sequel you ask, I like to have more and better animations (one thing that binary domain, akiba's trip and knack has teached me is how much I love impact animations when I hit/shoot things and motion capture. What I want them to get rid of is monster closets (I don't like the way new enemies spawn) and RNG.

The same pretty much goes for a soul sacrifice sequel (minus the closet and RNG)

SerTapTap

Well, according to the link on Gematsu, the producer Junichi Yoshizawa says that Freedom Wars sequel depends on fan demand. The game did a lot of things right, if they capture all of the game's strengths and fix the weaknesses, this could be an amazing sequel.

Arg I hope there's enough demand. The game had a crazy amount of potential and did more right than wrong. Biggest problem is definitely that crafting system but they must know that by now.

To convert from physical to digital on ps4:

1. Remove disc
2. Delete game from library (this will not delete saves)
3a (game owned digitally already) -- Click on game in library to start dl'ing it (same place you deleted it).
3b (game not owned digitally) -- buy in store to start downloading.

You will not be able to dl it while you have the physical installed. You will not need the disc once you download/install the digital version.

I converted a physical Battlefield 4 to digital but I lost my savegame somehow. Must be an EA issue.

SerTapTap

I converted a physical Battlefield 4 to digital but I lost my savegame somehow. Must be an EA issue.

At least on PS3, it was possible for digital/physical to be treated as different games with different saves. I would have hoped PS4's system would streamline that but perhaps not.

I don't care, it'd be on PS4 and I don't have one.

I can't really imagine a PS exclusive hunting game from japan NOT having a Vita version even if PS4 is the main SKU

Shizuka

I can't really imagine a PS exclusive hunting game from japan NOT having a Vita version even if PS4 is the main SKU

If there is a Playstation-exclusive hunting game that doesn't have a Vita version, it'd have to be from Sony.

TOTP: Buy Freedom Wars ($15 on Amazon).

Top Bottom