• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation State of Play Announced for May 30th

[Sigma]

In for hopefully more Pragmata. More Kunitsu-Gami: Path of the Goddess. Just mentiong those two because Capcom seems to always be good for something when it comes to State of Play around this time of the year. Other than that, I don't know what to expect. I'm not holding on to any hope for anything 1st party.

Last edited:

NeverYouMind

Gold Member
So, Sony does have something coming out this year after all. First party I mean.
If publishing on your platform makes it first party...
Jonas Brothers Lol GIF by ABC Network

By those metrics the entire NES catalogue is first party too! 🤣

Sw0pDiller

I dont have time to play all these games anymore. Still have ac mirage, re4 and ragnarok in my backlog and thats without me playing helldivers 2 and Some indie psplus freebees

Elios83

As expected this will be 2024 focused including first party games like Concord which will probably get the spotlight.
I also expect some third party announcements for the rest of the year.
It won't be the showcase for the big 2025-2026 titles they're making.
If we're lucky we'll get a glimpse of that during another event with the PS5 Pro presentation so in September.

But in the other thread it says it's a Playstation Showcase? Maybe it was the OP of that thread that put it in the title.

He did say that.. I wouldn't take that is him literally confirming he knows it's a showcase though. he said it in a 3 hour podcast. Just take it as he just lets whatever words roll of his tongue. He clarfied plenty of times before then that he knew there was an event in May and that it being a showcase instead of a SoP was just speculative.

Last edited:

JimRyanGOAT

I’m guessing (hoping) the SOP is a strategic decision to bait Microsoft, who supposedly have a pretty big show

Then after Sony will announce their Showcase

After so much time some of their bigger studios have no excuses to not show anything

foamdino

15 games - could be reasonable.

I don't expect any megaton announcements, but some new stuff for PSVR2 is good and with a decent selection of games there should be something for everyone.

begotten

As predicted, this will be a mediocre event going over what's already been announced and leaked.

Astrobot, Lego Horizon and Concord reveal & release date.
SH2 Remake release date.
Ragnarok PC release date.
Last marketing push for Destiny 2: The Final Shape.
Random third party shit.
Maybe a MS Flight Sim or Sunset Overdrive? Halo MCC?
VR rubbish.

Rounding out 2024 for Sony.

If you want the big one, you're going to be waiting ages still.

yurinka

Nice to see we won't have to wait until next month, but sad to see it's a SoP instead of Showcase and that PS Studios titles are limited to this year. My bet for the 14 games:
  1. Marathon gameplay reveal with release window (2025)
  2. Until Dawn remake gameplay reveal with release date
  3. Helldivers 2 Illuminates faction reveal trailer
  4. Team Asobi's next game announcement trailer
  5. Convallaria new trailer with release date
  6. Lost Soul Aside new trailer with release date
  7. Pragmata gameplay reveal trailer with release date
  8. Silent Hill 2 new trailer with release date
  9. ZZZ new trailer with release date
  10. Phantom Blade Zero new trailer with release date
  11. Little Devil Inside new trailer with release date
  12. Metro Awakening VR new trailer with release date
  13. Some indie VR game most people don't care about with release date
  14. Concord gameplay reveal with release date

I'll take one of these.

NeverYouMind

Gold Member
you know whats also exciting? we haven't gotten leaks of concord or astro (in terms of vids and details beyond it existing)

Looks like the ship is sealed tighter than before, which is great.
Are they worth leaking? If Knack 3 was in production would it be leaked?

NeverYouMind

Gold Member
So ragnarok pc...hopefully two pc announcements..like you know...demons souls, not ragnarok, nobody wants ragnarok.

But whatever. Yay!
No need for PS3 emulator junk when they can drop the PS4 exclusive Lovecraftian behemoth.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Cant wait for spiderman 3
The last of us 3
Foamstars 2
Random Ip sequel

/s

Astrobots BABY

ProtoByte

Gold Member
Probably a skip for me dawg. The last SOP wasn't bad at all, but I'm just worried there will be too many PC ports and GAAS present. Sony's messaging regarding the PS ecosystem has become increasingly muddy for a while now; hopefully this presentation they have later today will provide clarity on future direction for the remainder of PS5 gen.
Multiplatformism and the behavior that comes with it (ie live services) will do that.

How can you inspire enthusiasm if you're not zealous about the console as its manufacturer?

Perrott

14 titles, huh? Here's what I'm expecting:

From Sony first-party:
  • Astro-Bot
  • Concord
  • God of War: Ragnarök (PC)
  • Gravity Rush 2
  • Horizon: Zero Dawn
  • LEGO Horizon Adventures
  • Until Dawn
From third-party partners:
  • Alan Wake 2 DLC
  • Alien: Rogue Incursion (VR)
  • Behemoth (VR)
  • Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater
  • Monster Hunter Wilds
  • Indie game #1
  • Indie game #2
As well as news on the PS Plus Extra and Premium catalogues for next month.

mckmas8808

Banned
Watching the narrative shift from “Sony has no first party games this year” to “prepared to be disappointed by their first party games” in real time is hilarious to see.

It's amazing right? What in the world. And to see it in real-time is something else.

Don’t be a Sony throat Goat sir. Sharing is caring.

Buy a PS5.

PSVR games and whatever small Astro bot game they are releasing this fall.

I was hoping that after 4 years of no show, Bend, Sucker Punch and ND will show up with their new games. I was hoping to see Cory Barlog's new IP 6 years in the making. hoping to see Wolverine 2 years after it was revealed.

That'll be later this year when they announce the PS5 Pro.

mortal

"The 30+ minute show features 14 titles"

They're going to breeze through most of these. Being that this is a SoP that's not even an hour long, I'd assume a good chunk of those will be smaller budget/ indie games.
Expectations are certainly low for this one.

SNG32

It's amazing right? What in the world. And to see it in real-time is something else.

Buy a PS5.

That'll be later this year when they announce the PS5 Pro.
I already have one nice try it doesn’t stop me from wanting to play them on PC.

Last edited:
"The 30+ minute show features 14 titles"

They're going to breeze through most of these. Being that this is a SoP that's not even an hour long, I'd assume a good chunk of those will be smaller budget/ indie games.
Expectations are certainly low for this one.

Yep my expectation is to only come away excited for AstroBot and maybe Concord

Probably a few other really small games that pique my interest but people should not be expecting megatons lol

A big Astro game is probably good enough to get really excited about

Top Bottom