• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation State of Play Announced for May 30th

skneogaf

I can't think if anything they will announce that will be amazing?

Bloodborne remastered but zero chance of that.

iu

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Just seeing Astrobot counts as something. And I've been saying that Concord was probably going to be decent for a while. That's not too bad.

mortal

Yep my expectation is to only come away excited for AstroBot and maybe Concord

Probably a few other really small games that pique my interest but people should not be expecting megatons lol

A big Astro game is probably good enough to get really excited about
Astro's Playroom was fun, so I'm excited for that at the very least.

I just don't see them featuring all that many notable AAA titles in such a condensed amount of time, though I could be wrong.
I'm expecting a lot of C and D ratings post-stream tomorrow lol

Astro's Playroom was fun, so I'm excited for that at the very least.

I just don't see them featuring all that many notable AAA titles in such a condensed amount of time, though I could be wrong.
I'm expecting a lot of C and D ratings post-stream tomorrow lol

Yeah People should not expect things like Ghost of Tsushima 2, ND’s next game, etc

They were really clear about only games releasing in 2024, so I think 2025 stuff is off the table

We may get a showcase in October for PS5 Pro and 2025 titles

If Astro impresses it’ll be more exciting than last year’s SM2 showcase

FeralEcho

Not excited in the least...Playstation and Xbox have become the antithesis of excitement somehow.

I still remember how incredible the 2015,2016 Sony E3's were,as well as all the previous ones from 2009 onwards.Exclusive games,surprises,long demos,Even the worst showcases back then were more exciting than the state of these 2 publishers nowadays.

I'll just watch the 2,3 worthwhile trailers afterwards,not watching this garbage live.

Thanks again Jim for making Playstation such a pile of unexciting shite nowadays. Enjoy your retirement you worthless sack of shit.

thumb up GIF by MIC LOWRY

XXL

If Astro Bot comes to PSVR 2 (even hybrid) this is going to be amazing.

Anything else is just icing.

//DEVIL//

LOL I don't think the majority of people doubted this could happen. It's such a safe "leak" or speculation to make. The day that Grubb dude or whoever else drops bombs like CBOAT did, they'll have my respect.
Not for this month. Safe bet if he said next month there is gonna be one, we would have been no shit !

But this month is abit early.

With that being said, even if he has some weak source that threw him a bone, he is usually not correct

Perrott

Any hints or ideas on what Concord will be like?

The trailer revealed nothing
Character-based (?) PvP FPS built in UE5 and with some totally unique forms of storytelling for a multiplayer game, according to various interviews with Firewalk/Sony. Art direction and tone are reportedly very reminiscent of Guardians of the Galaxy.

Reactions: XXL

XXL

Yeah People should not expect things like Ghost of Tsushima 2, ND’s next game, etc

They were really clear about only games releasing in 2024, so I think 2025 stuff is off the table

We may get a showcase in October for PS5 Pro and 2025 titles

If Astro impresses it’ll be more exciting than last year’s SM2 showcase
It looks like the State of Play will be Astro, Concord and a bunch of 3rd party stuff.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Banned
Character-based (?) PvP FPS built in UE5 and with some totally unique forms of storytelling for a multiplayer game, according to various interviews with Firewalk/Sony. Art direction and tone are reportedly very reminiscent of Guardians of the Galaxy.

Interesting.....

I expect this
- Concord
- Until Dawn (we had the announcement but I don't think we had a release date)
- Astro Bot 2
- Lego Horizon Adventures
- God of War Ragnarok PC port
- Horizon Zero Dawn (?)
- some PSVR2 games.

Stafford

If publishing on your platform makes it first party...
Jonas Brothers Lol GIF by ABC Network

By those metrics the entire NES catalogue is first party too! 🤣

Nah, not what I meant. Because I agree with you, Stellar Blade is obviously not first party and several more. I mean their real first party. But as someone here said Astrobot. Concord isn't first party though, right?

peish

Gold Member
I hope they reveal ps5 pro.

Early next month, we are going to see Amd Intel Nvidia going balls deep with their next hardware.

GudOlRub

I just want to see GoT 2, or the next Sucker Punch game, whatever, just announce something truly next gen for PS5 already...
Would also be nice to find out what Bluepoint have been working on.

Topher

Gold Member
I just want to see GoT 2, or the next Sucker Punch game, whatever, just announce something truly next gen for PS5 already...
Would also be nice to find out what Bluepoint have been working on.

At least one "holy shit" moment is in order. GoT 2 would do that.

GudOlRub

At least one "holy shit" moment is in order. GoT 2 would do that.
I remember being excited for Demon's Souls, Spiderman 2 is not really my jam, I got Returnal for PC recently, it's cool but I'm happy I did not buy it back when it launched, other than that it just feels like a sea of emptiness, other than some cross-gen titles...
Currently my PS5 is pretty much just a "waiting to play GTA 6" machine and it sucks, I don't regret buying it, playing older PS4 games at 60fps was amazing, but I'd be lying if I didn't say this gen has been a huge disappointment for me... hope this changes this year...

Top Bottom