• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 08/28/08 (Dawn of a New Era)

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Thread feels different without the hidden wresters.

Still, great job as usual tanod

kassatsu said:
Try the demo?

Downloaded the demo last week, went from a must buy from seeing the earlier promo stuff to a maybe. I'll probably get it at some point, but i have Castle crashers keeping me busy right now.

Spy

333anhd.jpg

Never forget.

tanod

when is my burrito
andydumi said:
PSN cards also currently available at Speedway gas stations. I got one halfway between Atlanta and Nashville somewhere in the boonies.

Probably by a military base.

carlosp

Banned
how big is the whole SC IV game? The demo features so many charakters and 4 stages and is only 800 something MB. This game is really small.

oneHeero

I bought all DLC for Warhawk today. I actually feel good about supporting this game. They deserve my money!
Jetpacks are fucken awesome!

Quick question, in what increments can you add money to your wallet on PSN? I deleted my billing info and dont wanna go through re-adding it just to see it.(I did auto add when buying from store so I didnt see it)

Lain

Bought The Last Guy. Thought I'd have to get it from the US store, but it was priced fair enough on our EU stores, so goit it from there.

I think the list of stuff only available on other PSN Stores should say if those items cost something and how much it is (the DarkMist themes aren't free as one would expect for themes on PSN).

lupinko

Lain said:
Bought The Last Guy. Thought I'd have to get it from the US store, but it was priced fair enough on our EU stores, so goit it from there.

I think the list of stuff only available on other PSN Stores should say if those items cost something and how much it is (the DarkMist themes aren't free as one would expect for themes on PSN).

Dark Mist themes aren't free anywhere, they are also for pay on the JP and HK stores.

Yagharek

Bionic Commando is finally up on the Australian PSN store. Although it says released on 15th of August which is a lie. Looks like someone finally threw the switch for last weeks releases.

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
_leech_ said:
I came looking for a Canadian Sackboy, I left disappointed. Canada isn't a part of North America anymore, it seems :(

Where is this place, Canada, that you speak of? Is that a city in Montana? :D

Grayman

_leech_ said:
I came looking for a Canadian Sackboy, I left disappointed. Canada isn't a part of North America anymore, it seems :(
I get really mad anytime I go to a sony site, they never have a Canadian flag, they have US and UK ones for languages.

acevans2

Uhh, what the fuck? Why am I being punished for buying the two other Warhawk Boosters when they were released? The 3 pack makes this one free, so why don't I get that? I'm probably not going to buy this one because of that and the fact that I can't get back into Warhawk due to difficult players.

Tntnnbltn

acevans2 said:
Uhh, what the fuck? Why am I being punished for buying the two other Warhawk Boosters when they were released? The 3 pack makes this one free, so why don't I get that? I'm probably not going to buy this one because of that and the fact that I can't get back into Warhawk due to difficult players.
You got to enjoy the other two packs earlier than everyone who is buying the deal now. It's like how some games charge for maps initially then make them free later down the track. Is it really a surprise that things go down in price with time?

Lain

acevans2 said:

I want to say something, but I have no words. But I still want to say something, so I quote and show my willingness, even if I fail to find the words.

Trevelyan

Banned
McLovin said:
For those of you who got the Warhawk expansion.. how are the rocket packs?
Jetpacks make the game feel brand new. They really add a new layer of depth to the game. They're not overpowered and they really make the game a fuckton more fun.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Okay, let me see, missing from the OP is Red Baron Arcade releasing September 18. On the status of Braid, Jonathan Blow did indeed express a bit of interest in bringing the title to the PSN, but it is rather tenuous, not only due to the exclusivity deal but I recall Blow mentioning the he was probably going to be busy with other project and would have to contract it out, bottom line, Braid is uncertain. Undertow, I honestly don't know where that one is coming from, I rechecked Gamersbytes and the ESRB and find no listing for the Playstation 3.

McLovin

Trevelyan said:
Jetpacks make the game feel brand new. They really add a new layer of depth to the game. They're not overpowered and they really make the game a fuckton more fun.
Ok.. I'll probably get it once the network stabilizes again. I get constant network errors when I play now.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Spy said:
I don't see Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords on the OP but according to ESRB it's coming out on the Playstation 3.

Edit: Apparently this is old news but it should still at least be in the OP.

You left out the bit about the PEGI rating the Expansion Pack.

Crisis

Banned
Pimpwerx said:
Oh yeah. Sackboy sucks a fat dizzle. Bring back the nutlock. Chris Jericho is now the man of 1005 holds. PEACE.

PlayStation Store thread has changed. It's no longer about wrestlers grabbing each others' nether regions, their hidden locations, or even regional bitching. PlayStation Store thread has changed. Nation-tagged sackboys represent nation-tagged sections of the thread for nation-tagged NeoGAF posters. PlayStation Store thread has changed.

theultimo

These games are also on the JPN store and not NA or EUR:

Shiki-tel 1500 yen
PachiPara DL Hyper Sea Story In Karibu 2500 yen

Grayman

acevans2 said:
I've been punished for buying the first one only. I want 2 for $12 like was offered before.

jonabbey

Trevelyan said:

This. Double-tapping R2 gives you a turbo boost in whatever direction you happen to have the left stick pointing. If you're on the ground and you happen to boost into a building, or a tree, or a mountain, them's the breaks.

Tons of fun. The Jet Pack really adds a lot to the game. All those places you couldn't climb to before because they were too steep? No worries now, my friend. The whole map is open to you.

Also, I got a gold trophy just for smacking into a jet pack flyer with a warhawk. Points ahoy!

MORGION

RandomVince said:
Bionic Commando is finally up on the Australian PSN store. Although it says released on 15th of August which is a lie. Looks like someone finally threw the switch for last weeks releases.

Sorry dude you are wrong.

Rearmed was added a day late, the 15th sounds about right.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Jetpacks are Warhawk's crowning achievement. I purchased the new pack, dove into a few games and totally forgot to even check out the new map, I was having so much fun with the jetpacks. Collection in particular is a lot of fun with jetpacks.

Speevy

Banned
I know some people may find this hard to believe, but I purchased Omega Dawn on day one and have yet to play one match with dropships.

I don't know why or how this happened. Probably because I don't play Warhawk enough. I should really give the game more attention once I get Fallen Star.

Dante

Alright Jetpacks are the shit! I can't imagine playing without them now! I feel like Boba Fett, at the start of the level everybody lines up at the jet pack dispenser:lol

Speevy

Banned
Hey, I was wondering if anyone else is getting these network errors on the PS3 web browser.

I'll start using the PS3 browser and it works fine for a while, but then it suddenly stops loading any web pages.

Keep in mind my connection to the PSN is unaffected. I can still play online, access the store, etc.

Farnack

Banned
Since no one else mentioned it.

I really like the Gran Turismo 5 video with Tanner Foust.

Definitely shows that GT5 is a racing enthusiasts' game and not some demolition derby.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Speevy said:
Hey, I was wondering if anyone else is getting these network errors on the PS3 web browser.

I'll start using the PS3 browser and it works fine for a while, but then it suddenly stops loading any web pages.

Keep in mind my connection to the PSN is unaffected. I can still play online, access the store, etc.
Really? I use it constantly (i can navigate like a wizard on the thing, know all the shortcuts) and I have no connectivity issues. My one probablem is that since the browser only uses a limited amount of the PS3s memory, it'll not want to load neogaf threads with a fuckton of large images.

rass

MORGION said:
Sorry dude you are wrong.

Rearmed was added a day late, the 15th sounds about right.
truth -- i dl'd the day it went up (AU PSN Store), finished on normal the other day and now tearing my hair out on
super
hard

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Man I went on a splurge this morning, I picked up Quest for Booty, Last Guy and International Track and Field.

I love the banner.

Erebus

Speevy said:

This has happened to me before. Try disabling the Trend Micro Web Security.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
dk_ said:
Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but has The Last Guy trophy support?
No.

Top Bottom