• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 08/28/08 (Dawn of a New Era)

ChryZ

dk_ said:
I really want to try Warhawk and I wanna know if the servers are still populated.
Warhawk was never really deserted, but there is quite a peak at the moment with the new booster pack and all those trophy tourists.

angelfly

Finally got around to the new content this morning. Picked up The Last Guy. I'll haven't purchased any of the Warhawk expansions (don't play it that much) but I'll probably pick up the bundle next week or sometime soon.

ChryZ said:
Warhawk was never really deserted, but there is quite a peak at the moment with the new booster pack and all those trophy tourists.

Yep, never had any problems finding a game, but lately it has peaked significantly.

Fletcher

Why had i not really heard mention of The Last Guy until i opened up my PSN store and saw it was available to purchase. Bought on a whim and after seeing the IGN review. Looks like a good time waster.

Momar

aka Ryder
JetPacks are pretty rad for how I like to play :D On a map like Archipelago, I just hop from small island to small island and rocket unsuspecting planes ;)

Also, DA LAST... GUY....

el Diablo

Banned
Didn't see it mentioned in the OP but what's the best way (if any) for someone in the US to buy something from the EU store? Ask cause SCEA has made no mention whatsoever of Dark Mist and i'd like to give it a whirl.

tanod

when is my burrito
el Diablo said:
Didn't see it mentioned in the OP but what's the best way (if any) for someone in the US to buy something from the EU store? Ask cause SCEA has made no mention whatsoever of Dark Mist and i'd like to give it a whirl.

Pretty much impossible. Mostly due to US gambling laws restricting the transfer of funds to websites outside the US.

reminder

PURE demo confirmed for this thursday (PSN and XBL). Also, we'll probably see a demo for Beijing 2008 in the PS Store (XBL demo was released today).

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
reminder said:
PURE demo confirmed for this thursday (PSN and XBL). Also, we'll probably see a demo for Beijing 2008 in the PS Store (XBL demo was released today).
Great - it will be Pure vs. Motorstorm 2 demos head on (for quore buyers at least)

Spy

I'm glad it seems we'll eventually get Braid. I really want Castle Crashers to come to the PSN too!

Jim

Speevy said:
So what's coming out this week? Any games known?

Personally, I hope nothing great. I'm still getting caught up from the last couple of weeks (BC:R and The Last Guy). :p

Maggot9

Banned
Can I use the computer Playstation Store on a Mac? My PC is shit (it doesnt even have USB 2.0, seriously the install of games takes longer than the download.)

I just got a MBP recently and would love to use that.

drknite

Can't wait to eat some Kobe tubesteak
Maggot9 said:
Can I use the computer Playstation Store on a Mac? My PC is shit (it doesnt even have USB 2.0, seriously the install of games takes longer than the download.)

I just got a MBP recently and would love to use that.
No dice on Mac, unless you are using Boot Camp or some other virtual Windows program.

Spy

Pain:
-3 New Characters
-Amusement Park
-Trophies

I'm still trying to get all the trophies in Warhawk and Super Stardust HD and now I have Pain coming. asdf

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Spy said:
Pain:
-3 New Characters
-Amusement Park
-Trophies

I'm still trying to get all the trophies in Warhawk and Super Stardust HD and now I have Pain coming. asdf
This thursday right? Perfect! More trophiezzzzzz :D

tanod

when is my burrito
acevans2 said:
Am I going to have to buy that expansion for trophies? Or is the trophy update free?

Trophy update is free.

--
Reminding self:
Pure demo
Qore
Home beta invites went out

Slaylock

vercity82 said:
Pain amusement park add on out this thursday :)
It got delayed, which is no surprise if you've followed their development pattern.

http://pain.us.playstation.com/post/2008/09/That-5th-C%e2%80%a6Community.aspx

Amusement Park will release in September, but not 9-4 like we originally planned. The reason for this delay was at least in part due to our retooling the PlayStation®Network trophies.

We are in format testing as we speak. Essentially we have to pass the format test and then get promoted up to the store. So the PAIN team isn’t working on Amusement Park anymore we are waiting for the results. I am really confident we will pass format testing in the next few days. This means unless you hear differently we will be in the store on 9-11. I will let everyone know as soon as I know but right now things look very good.

Blablurn

Some french site says this will be the EU Store update for today:

Demos
[Free] NHL 2K9
[Free] Pure

Add-ons
[4.99 euros] Haze - Pack Destruction
[11.99 euros] Warhawk - Triple Combo Pack

Vidéos
[Free] Movement - London: Hats Off
[Free] Movement - London: It's a Wrap!
[Free] Movement - Missing Andy: Under Pressure
[Free] Movement - Missing Andy: Dance
[Free] Movement - Missing Andy Interview
[Free] Movement - Dead Monroe: Sweetheart
[Free] Movement - Dead Monroe: You're No Good For Me
[Free] Movement - Dead Monroe Interview

Wallpapers
[Free] Soulcalibur IV - Wallpaper 01
[Free] Soulcalibur IV - Wallpaper 02
[Free] Soulcalibur IV - Wallpaper 03
[Free] Soulcalibur IV - Wallpaper 04

http://www.ps3gen.fr/forum/index.php?topic=15173.0

kuYuri

This is the update for the HK Store from yesterday, September 3rd.

Star Strike HD (Super Stardust HD)
- Full game
- Demo
- Solo Add-on
- Team Add-on

Brother's in Arms: Hell's Highway trailers
- Making of #1: Operation
- Making of #2: Roll Call

The Aquanaut's Holiday: Memories of Summer 1996 (PSone JPN version)

Soul Calibur IV Wallpapers
- French maid Amy
- School uniform Raphael

So HK finally got Super Stardust, huh?

Goldrusher

Europe up!

DEMOS

► NHL 2K9 (641 MB)
► PURE (1617 MB)

ADD-ONS

► Haze
○ Destruction Pack (€4,99 - £3.49)

► Warhawk
○ Triple Combo Pack (€11,99 - £7.99)
(all 3 add-ons)

THEMES & WALLPAPERS

► Soulcalibur IV - wallpapers

MOVEMENT

► London
♫ Hats Off
♫ It’s a Wrap!
♫ Missing Andy: Under Pressure
♫ Missing Andy: Dance
♫ Missing Andy Interview
♫ Dead Monroe: Sweetheart
♫ Dead Monroe: You’re No Good For Me
♫ Dead Monroe Interview

glaurung

Holy crap at the Pure demo size!

Also: I really want to know what the incentive behind the HAZE expansion and its actual contents are - as if someone would still be playing it... at all.

Xater said:
LOL @ Haze

I would be really interested how many people invest even more money into this turd.
Same amout of people who actually enjoyed the game and don't care much for reviews.

Not that many :p

Lebron

That Warhawk expansion is so bought. Now they just need to add grappling hooks, and the awesomeness will be complete.

Erebus

The demo is at 50% and is crawling for me.

Keep your PS3s off the UK store for a minute so I can play the demo at last.:lol

Top Bottom