• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation TV Thread: Vita Who?

The Disgaea patch, that sort of thing doesn't happen often, no? Patches just for PSTV support? Would be nice to see this become more common place, especially as the pace of releases decline for the Vita.

Was already forced to Import Dracula X Chronicles from the UK because the US version wouldn't work for some stupid reason.

The Disgaea patch, that sort of thing doesn't happen often, no? Patches just for PSTV support? Would be nice to see this become more common place, especially as the pace of releases decline for the Vita.

Was already forced to Import Dracula X Chronicles from the UK because the US version wouldn't work for some stupid reason.

It was more common when the PSTV first came out. However, for a good number of games it's not even an issue of it needing to be patched, it's just stupid licensing or ignorance.

Rocket League via my Playstation TV (wired/wired) seems to be working well. Only on my local LAN, but, PS4 is downstairs and I'm connected via ethernet over power. No real problems.

Vashetti

Banned
Finally got a PSTV today, it was £32 used in CEX in its box, but I had three old games to trade in so it came to £4. Quite a bargain.

Loving it so far, just wish there were more display settings for PS1 and PSP games.

Also, despite using ethernet, the "Use Wi-Fi in Power Save Mode" option needs to be removed in a future update, I can't imagine how many people's experiences have been soured by being unwary about this default setting.

Also has the Featured tab been removed? I haven't seen it once.

LAM09

Finally got a PSTV today, it was £32 used in CEX in its box, but I had three old games to trade in so it came to £4. Quite a bargain.

Loving it so far, just wish there were more display settings for PS1 and PSP games.

Also, despite using ethernet, the "Use Wi-Fi in Power Save Mode" option needs to be removed in a future update, I can't imagine how many people's experiences have been soured by being unwary about this default setting.

Also has the Featured tab been removed? I haven't seen it once.

I haven't used my PSTV since the last update came out, but I hope it's finally been removed.

LAM09

Mine was version 3.20, no Featured tab. Updated to 3.52, still no Featured tab.

UK btw.

It was definitely there on 3.50 when it was first released, but they could have removed it over PSN.

I'm in the UK as well.

Edit - Updated to 3.52 and it's still present. Very weird.

So what can be done with a pstv on stock FW? I got a new one in box still

I also have an open one ive been using. I have a lot of the past exploit games on my acct, but not sure if that helps.

Vashetti

Banned
It was definitely there on 3.50 when it was first released, but they could have removed it over PSN.

I'm in the UK as well.

Seems to have been removed in the UK at least.

Do we think they'll add anymore PSTV-focused improvements like more options for PSP/PS1 games?

I went on the store and noticed the PS Mobile section was finally down with a notice saying redownloading of purchased games would end on September 10th, so I'm assuming a firmware update will come along around that time to remove the tab from the store.

It was more common when the PSTV first came out. However, for a good number of games it's not even an issue of it needing to be patched, it's just stupid licensing or ignorance.

What's frustrating are games that got a patch a year ago in Japan, still not available anywhere else in the world. Like Ys: Memories of Celceta. All they gotta do is release the patch! It changed the one single thing in the game that required a touchscreen and added the game to the whitelist.

Yasawas

I just ordered another Vita the other day and I'm thinking about getting one of these too to continue playing on the big screen at home. I still have a spare 8GB card I was going to keep in the PTV to save me swapping them out all the time, I assume since I can use could saves with Vita games that this will work OK but how about PSP and PS1 titles? Is there any way to wirelessly copy them or is it just less work all round to swap the memory card between the units?

Vashetti

Banned
Helldivers is getting PSTV support today

8VznWip.png

https://twitter.com/arrowheadgs/status/623451910608175104

animax

The damage is already done :(

Just picked up one of these, and was surprised to find that there was no PS3 Remote Play app :( WTF?

I know I read that it supported PS3 remote play somewhere. Was it removed or was the information I read just wrong?

I can understand netflix and other 3rd party dependent services not supporting a very niche platform, but PS3 remote play is 100% on Sony.

Vashetti

Banned
Just picked up one of these, and was surprised to find that there was no PS3 Remote Play app :( WTF?

I know I read that it supported PS3 remote play somewhere. Was it removed or was the information I read just wrong?

I can understand netflix and other 3rd party dependent services not supporting a very niche platform, but PS3 remote play is 100% on Sony.

The list of supported PS3 games for Remote Play is tiny, plus they only streamed at a maximum of 480p on the Vita.

I don't mind it's removal at all. Never used it on my regular Vita.

data

I guess Sony just doesn't see the point in PS3 remote play, since nothing supports it aside from PS1 games

Vashetti

Banned
According to the UK list, three of my games don't work and another three aren't listed. But my other 8 games work :)

Which games of yours aren't listed? They mention that they only list games they've themselves tested (for example Soul Sacrifice Delta is missing off that list and it's 100% compatible).

So really, there isn't a definitive UK/EU list as of yet (as far as I know), because there isn't one that covers everything.

Is it worth buying if you don't have a Vita?

Check the compatibility list for your region and see if it's worth it for you. IMO the games look fantastic, and playing them with a controller is awesome. So much so that I won't be using my Vita that often anymore, much prefer playing on the TV.

Which games of yours aren't listed? They mention that they only list games they've themselves tested (for example Soul Sacrifice Delta is missing off that list and it's 100% compatible).

So really, there isn't a definitive UK/EU list as of yet (as far as I know), because there isn't one that covers everything.

My bad, first bit was too long to read, LOL!

But for the record:

Demon Gaze
Hyper Dimension Neptunia Action Unleashed
Hyperdimension Neptunia Noire

Son Of D

Thinking of buying a PSTV mainly for PS1 games (don't want to carry my old fat PS3 around). Are there any notable games that aren't compatible? UK here.

This is just such a good idea which doesn't work good enough :/ Mainly bought this for the ps4 remote play since my sister cannot get upstairs anymore since surgery so I figured this should solve it... The screen quality is just good it really is, the input lag though makes it unplayeble

This is just such a good idea which doesn't work good enough :/ Mainly bought this for the ps4 remote play since my sister cannot get upstairs anymore since surgery so I figured this should solve it... The screen quality is just good it really is, the input lag though makes it unplayeble

Enable 60 fps remote play on the ps4. I'm telling you, the input lag is practically unnoticable, and i found it really bad before i enabled it. It makes a whole lot of difference.

(i haven't tried twitch games yet, but navigating the ui and the game I have played, it seemed to happen instantly. Even when I had the tv in the background to see how big the delay was).

But yeah overall the thing seems lacking, theres a bunch of games I can download from my download list, and then it tells me when they are downloaded and installed, that they don't work. And A lot of PS1 games don't work either...

Not to mention the lack of video apps (which is probably the biggest fail of something called playstation TV). I got mine recently, and for really cheap though, so I think it's worth it for the price, but the product could have been a lot better with little effort.

Vashetti

Banned
Hey guys, I've started a new project, been working on this all day.

vitaplayer.co.uk's compatibility list for UK/EU is pretty good, but it's not comprehensive. I've been using a variety of sources and this is what I've come up with so far.

I'll open it up soon for user editing so you can add games I may have missed, or if I've made any mistakes.

Just wanted to get some feedback :)

eastx

Hey guys, I've started a new project, been working on this all day.

vitaplayer.co.uk's compatibility list for UK/EU is pretty good, but it's not comprehensive. I've been using a variety of sources and this is what I've come up with so far.

I'll open it up soon for user editing so you can add games I may have missed, or if I've made any mistakes.

Just wanted to get some feedback :)

Nice work! I think you should accommodate for regional compatibility differences, as well as when games are not advertized as compatible but still work (such as Strider 2).

Vashetti

Banned
Nice work! I think you should accommodate for regional compatibility differences, as well as when games are not advertized as compatible but still work (such as Strider 2).

Pretty sure UK/EU share the same list. This isn't catered for the US.

zurcybnaj

Neo Member
Hey guys! Buying a PS TV tomorrow :). Is the console region locked in terms of account? I have both US and HK PSN accounts that I use so was wondering if I should buy an r1 or r3 .

suikodan

Hey guys! Buying a PS TV tomorrow :). Is the console region locked in terms of account? I have both US and HK PSN accounts that I use so was wondering if I should buy an r1 or r3 .

I bought a U.S. PSTV and I'm using it for my Japanese PSN account, mainly to play Chaos Rings Trilogy.

You can use any account, but only one at a time. If you want to switch accounts, you have to format the system and switch to another memory card.

Top Bottom