• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation TV Thread: Vita Who?

Lazaro

Check the compatibility list for your region and see if it's worth it for you. IMO the games look fantastic, and playing them with a controller is awesome. So much so that I won't be using my Vita that often anymore, much prefer playing on the TV.

Yeah, I might as well buy one. Lol

zurcybnaj

Neo Member
You can use any account, but only one at a time. If you want to switch accounts, you have to format the system and switch to another memory card.

Thanks for the info! Didn't know about the system formatting and memory card switching. I guess i have to specific on what region my games are this time compared to PS3/PS4.

Thanks for the info! Didn't know about the system formatting and memory card switching. I guess i have to specific on what region my games are this time compared to PS3/PS4.

Also, you can use physical games from any region no matter what account it's set to, but you can only download DLC from the same region account. Patches work fine no matter what, though.

zurcybnaj

Neo Member
Also, you can use physical games from any region no matter what account it's set to, but you can only download DLC from the same region account. Patches work fine no matter what, though.

I'm planning to get mostly physical games besides the ones that don't have it(atelier series) but yeah I'm more worried regarding the DLC on which region I have to buy.

What the hell happened to the EU Valkyria Chronicles 2 compatibility? Seems like publishers can opt to make games blacklisted again. It sucks since that game was one of the grand reasons I bought a PSTV in the first place.

Suzzopher

Hey guys, I've started a new project, been working on this all day.

vitaplayer.co.uk's compatibility list for UK/EU is pretty good, but it's not comprehensive. I've been using a variety of sources and this is what I've come up with so far.

I'll open it up soon for user editing so you can add games I may have missed, or if I've made any mistakes.

Just wanted to get some feedback :)

Great list, but when did R-Type Delta appear on PSN? I've had a PSP/PS3 since day one and never saw it on the store.

Edit: I found the page on the store https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/games/r-type-delta/cid=EP9000-NPEE00033_00-GRTYPEDELT000001 and it says November 2007, I honestly have no recollection of that appearing and I would have snapped that up.

I'm getting my pstv tomorrow so I can finally play my copy persona 4 but I have a question about resolution. Should I set it to 1080i or 720p? What's better?

UK/EU
US

Both kept very up-to-date. I'd say the vast majority of the library is compatible now, just some standouts such as Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Tearaway, etc. that aren't.
What? Have they been really updating things? Because I wouldn't have said a few months ago that the vast majority of the library is compatible, not by a long ways. There are tons of PSP, PS1, and Vita games that don't work.

animax

Hello friends

After quite the impulse buy, I got one but its use is pretty unclear to me so halp plz?
I thought "this way, I can enjoy my JP account while dat oled enjoys the EU account". But can I get on the PS Store through the PS TV only? Say I put a brand new memory card in it and boot it up, what would happen?

If I have to switch to my JP account on the oled to prepare the card for the TV, that is gonna be annoying :(

Vashetti

Banned
Hello friends

After quite the impulse buy, I got one but its use is pretty unclear to me so halp plz?
I thought "this way, I can enjoy my JP account while dat oled enjoys the EU account". But can I get on the PS Store through the PS TV only? Say I put a brand new memory card in it and boot it up, what would happen?

If I have to switch to my JP account on the oled to prepare the card for the TV, that is gonna be annoying :(

It's not region-locked, you'll setup everything on boot.

Hello friends

You can go to the PS Store on the PSTV, but it's limited to what's compatible to the PSTV only. There's some minor things that get by like Hulu, but it will message you that it's not compatible.

Cormano

Got a quick question. I want to do remote play on a different TV at home, however I got really slow internet (I live out in the country), is the internet speed really important for remote play or this is just based on the local network speed?

Thanks in advance!

bomblord1

Banned
Got a quick question. I want to do remote play on a different TV at home, however I got really slow internet (I live out in the country), is the internet speed really important for remote play or this is just based on the local network speed?

Thanks in advance!

You have the option of choosing Local Network or not.

Powerline Adapter questions!

On a whim I booted this up again and did the latest firmware update. And, to my surprise, I was ALMOST able to get remote play working! I've mentioned this before, but the PS4 is one side of the house with the wireless routerd, and the PSTV is on the other, so if I try to do a direct connection between the two, it flakes out. So, I turned that off and had them connect over the internet, and after this latest update, I had enough of a signal to play a round of Rocket League (though not well enough to play the match to completion).

Anyway, I found a powerline adapter for cheap on Amazon and I'm going to test it out on the Vita TV and see if that will help the connection, but for the people who are able to do remote play with pretty good quality, what's your connection speed? My PS4 connects to the Internet at 24.1/8.4 Mbps Download/Upload, but the PSTV, which can't be moved any closer to the wireless router, is only 2.2Mbps/300.8kbps which I know is incredibly slow and causing the problem. Is my assumption correct that hooking the PSTV to a powerline will increase the speeds enough to make the darn thing usable?

Also, I have another powerline connected in my house, but it is by a different manufacturer than the one I'm getting. Will they significantly impact one another?

NeOak

Powerline Adapter questions!

On a whim I booted this up again and did the latest firmware update. And, to my surprise, I was ALMOST able to get remote play working! I've mentioned this before, but the PS4 is one side of the house with the wireless routerd, and the PSTV is on the other, so if I try to do a direct connection between the two, it flakes out. So, I turned that off and had them connect over the internet, and after this latest update, I had enough of a signal to play a round of Rocket League (though not well enough to play the match to completion).

Anyway, I found a powerline adapter for cheap on Amazon and I'm going to test it out on the Vita TV and see if that will help the connection, but for the people who are able to do remote play with pretty good quality, what's your connection speed? My PS4 connects to the Internet at 24.1/8.4 Mbps Download/Upload, but the PSTV, which can't be moved any closer to the wireless router, is only 2.2Mbps/300.8kbps which I know is incredibly slow and causing the problem. Is my assumption correct that hooking the PSTV to a powerline will increase the speeds enough to make the darn thing usable?

Also, I have another powerline connected in my house, but it is by a different manufacturer than the one I'm getting. Will they significantly impact one another?

Yeah, you shouldn't mix manufacturers.

What Powerline adapters did you buy? Usually they vary a lot. One of the best ones atm is the TRENDnet TPL-420E2K http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00S7NJWOM/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Also, see if you can connect the powerline adapters to the same breaker, otherwise passing through breakers kills the performance a lot.

And how about Coax around your house? You could do MoCA too. A bit more expensive but way more reliable http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008EQ4BQG/?tag=neogaf0e-20 . Just make sure if you do, to change the coaxial splitters in the house to 2Ghz ones.

Yasawas

When you share a memory card between a Vita and PSTV is there any rhyme or reason to the way in which it shuffles your icons around? It seems random to me but I'm wondering if there's a way I can organise it to minimise or negate this. I'm living with it now as I only have an 8GB card but when my 64 turns up this week it seems like it's going to be a major hassle, in the first-world problems sense at least.

NeOak

When you share a memory card between a Vita and PSTV is there any rhyme or reason to the way in which it shuffles your icons around? It seems random to me but I'm wondering if there's a way I can organise it to minimise or negate this. I'm living with it now as I only have an 8GB card but when my 64 turns up this week it seems like it's going to be a major hassle, in the first-world problems sense at least.

Nope. Only the system apps have priority.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Hey guys, I've started a new project, been working on this all day.

vitaplayer.co.uk's compatibility list for UK/EU is pretty good, but it's not comprehensive. I've been using a variety of sources and this is what I've come up with so far.

I'll open it up soon for user editing so you can add games I may have missed, or if I've made any mistakes.

Just wanted to get some feedback :)

Awesome work, thanks! I just ordered my PS TV.

I notice that Danganronpa EU version still isn't compatible, so I guess the only option is to import.

Vashetti

Banned
Hey guys, been working on the PS1 section of my UK/EU compatibility list, and I came across these games on the store, they are listed as PS3/PSP compatible, barring Super Slammin’ Dodgeball, which is also listed as Vita compatible.

Would these work on the PSTV, say via PS3 transfer?

Here's the list of games anyway, perhaps you could let me know if they work or even just update the list yourself:

Championship Bass
Command & Conquer
Command & Conquer: Red Alert
Crisis Beat
Dezaemon Kids!
Extreme Pinball
Future Cop: L.A.P.D.
Hi-Octane
Magic Carpet
Metal Gear Solid: Special Missions
Populous: The Beginning
Rapid Angel
SimCity 2000
Street Fighter Alpha: Warriors’ Dreams
Street Skater
Street Skater 2
Super Slammin’ Dodgeball (listed as Vita compatible)
Syndicate Wars
Theme Park

If you match the icon layout on your PSTV and Vita, it doesn't mess up the layout when you switch cards around. The database will always be rebuilt though.

Se'kami

Neo Member
Can't wait to buy one of these with my PS4 and finally finish Persona 4 Golden!

I sold my Vita shortly after getting the Hardcore Risette Fan trophy (the most stressful one ever) to go toward my New 3DS XL, but I've always had plans to get the PSTV so I just kept the game.

Reick17

My local Walmart has their bundle w/ Sly Collection discounted to about $44 I think. Every time I pass the case I consider getting it just for the cheap DS3. (I know you can get them cheaper online, I'm going by MSRP.)

I don't really need any more items hooked up to my TV's, and I don't care for digital copies of games that have physical versions (I'm a collector), but I may still bite on this... someday.

Yasawas

That spreadsheet claims the PSP Mega Drive Collection works but I can't get it to start. Does this actually work for anyone?

If you match the icon layout on your PSTV and Vita, it doesn't mess up the layout when you switch cards around. The database will always be rebuilt though.

Sweet. I might just put them all in a few folders just so I'm not scrolling all over the place, that should work too.

vongruetz

Banned
How does the God of War Vita collection look on pstv?

Not great. Of all the games on the PSTV, God of War is one of those titles that doesn't quite make the transition very well. It was highly compressed just to put it on the Vita, so blowing up that compressed image doesn't result in a pretty picture. That aside, it's still perfectly playable and it's nice to be able to transition between the TV and the Vita with very little effort.

Kouriozan

Uh, so I finally got my 16 GB card, tried to run Sound Shapes (had to download it from my download history) and it does indeed works, wow!
Kept reading in those compatibility list that it didn't, but glad they are wrong.
Latest firmware version, and EU Playstation TV.

Edit : like in this one, for example
Here you go guys, open to editing now

Please respect the layout and colours and follow the same colour scheme if you add things.

Try and spell correctly and type the game titles as they're meant to be formatted. Obviously correct mine if you see anything wrong.

Enjoy :)
Only done both tutorial so far but it works.
Also can't edit it as I'm on mobile now.

The End

Can't wait to buy one of these with my PS4 and finally finish Persona 4 Golden!

I sold my Vita shortly after getting the Hardcore Risette Fan trophy (the most stressful one ever) to go toward my New 3DS XL, but I've always had plans to get the PSTV so I just kept the game.

Basically this.

I bought a PSTV ($36, with tax and shipping) and a copy of P4G ($15) for less than the cost of a full PS4 game.

I did, eventually, buy a memory card too to play all of the PS1 games I have and the Vita games I got from plus, but really, it's for P4G.

Also, I just got freedom wars for like $12, does anyone here still play?

bomblord1

Banned
Honestly haven't touched my PSTV in a while. Haven't got anything new on it worth playing. Have there been any recent releases?

Top Bottom