• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT| As in "Go Outside"

Red

ApjlvHa.jpg

Seems legit.

RkOwnage

It is there until it gets defeated, so choose wisely.

On that related note, the only gym I still have control over is one in a "bad" area of the town (read: bad for this town, not that bad at all). I left a level 10 Rattata there. It's not like it'd be hard to beat.

What happens after it is defeated

MajorMane

What happens after it is defeated

After it's defeated, you can "regain access" to it. It'll be at 1 HP, I believe, so you'll have to use potions to heal it, but then you can level it up, evolve, etc. This all happens without you having to go near the gym again. The servers just know when you've been defeated.

Neoxc

Neo Member
Do I only need gps to count the steps to hatch an egg. I have 6 of these eggs and I really want to know what's inside them.

Feeroper

How does this app run on an iphone 5? I haven't upgraded past the plain 5 yet. Im in Canada so I cant see how it does myself until they release it here.

MiTYH

Anyone know if you can use two devices with the same account? I've got a work one i wouldnt mind getting this set up on as well

Got to level 5 today and picked blue team. Evolved some of my pokemon so now I have a 220CP pidgeot and a 150CP raticate. Gonna go take on some gyms tomorrow.

Is there a map like Ingress's yet which shows where the pokestops and gyms are? I could just use Ingress's map to check where the portals are, but I can't tell pokestops and gyms apart that way.

Red

Living in the middle of nowhere sucks. There's not shit out here.
1. May be server issues causing nothing to load
2. Ingress added points of interest as it grew, and Pokemon Go seems like it will make a bigger splash... It's pulling from Ingress data right now but I wouldn't be surprised if Niantic made another pass to add new locations for the people Go brings in.

Arrrammis

Man, evolving a pokemon gives it a bigger boost than I expected... I evolved my CP 122 Zubat and it turned into a CP 386 Golbat.

Game has some bugs. Earlier I couldn't grab the poke all to throw it. Map is a huge WTF. It must be counting dirt roads or some shit.

lt519

So I only have to move about 20m from my desk to get the Pokestop at my work.Also walking to lunch between buildings got me two pokemon (like a 100m walk).

Funny thing is waiting in line for lunch I hear behind me "So I just caught a weedle." Turn around and it's one of our companies staunch PC gamers (refuses to buy any console) playing Pokemon GO. This thing is going to be huge if it has lasting appeal.

anyone know what battery saver option does in settings? i turned mine on, but no clue what it does...

If you turn your phone upside down it will dim the screen. This allows you to walk like a normal person and not have to look at your screen. If you have the vibration setting on, then the phone will vibrate to let you know you've encountered a Pokemon.

To me, battery saver is a must so you're not walking around, staring at your phone.

MajorMane

Game has some bugs. Earlier I couldn't grab the poke all to throw it. Map is a huge WTF. It must be counting dirt roads or some shit.

I still think that this is all due to server issues. When servers work great, the game looks absolutely fantastic. But when they're slow or not working, it freezes, stuff breaks.

And regarding the map, pretty sure they count roads, sidewalks, etc.

If you turn your phone upside down it will dim the screen. This allows you to walk like a normal person and not have to look at your screen. If you have the vibration setting on, then the phone will vibrate to let you know you've encountered a Pokemon.

To me, battery saver is a must so you're not walking around, staring at your phone.

App still needs to be open to vibrate though right?

KillerBEA

Caught a bunch of Weedles, evolved one into a Kakuna, accidentally transferred it :( Also caught a bunch of Rattatas so my strongest Pokemon right now is a Raticate.

The nearby QT and the nearby lake were Pokemon hot spots. Jeezus.

Arrrammis

there is no way to get new moves right?

also, are there any benefits waiting to evolve?

I think new moves are automatically switched out on your pokemon as you power it up, but it seems like themoves they learn are not the same, i.e. I've had two zubats at the same level that know different moves.

I personally try to fully power up a pokemon before I evolve it, but it looks like when you evolve a pokemon, then it keeps the progress on the power up meter, which is good because it looks like evolutions cost more to power up than the base form (zubat cost 800 star things and one candy to power up in the end, Golbat cost 1200 star things and one candy to power up at the same level).

lt519

I live in a fairly populated area and there's nothing around.

I live downtown in an older city and when I opened the map up last night when I was at home there was a Pokestop literally every block and two gyms within a 3-4 minute walk for me. Just curious if you live in a newer city. It does say Memorials and Historic Landmarks are often locations of interest.

But then again my works plaque for dedicating the place as a research facility counted as being a memorial.

Well I give up; what's the safest site to get the apk from (if it isn't against the rules to link me, please do so)?

Edit: To clarify, it probably won't be coming out here in spain for a few days, and I don't want every gym to be captured by level 5s

Top Bottom