• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Direct 01.08.13 (U.S.-6AM EST, EUR-12PM CET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berordn

But with this—not quite remake, not quite entirely new game; not quite Generation 5, not quite Generation 6—effectively, a Generation 5.5 game, I think it's exactly what needs to be released. What else are they going to do, really? Any other option just seems to soon, or too out of place. This seems like the perfect bridge game before Generation 6.

Assuming it comes out around Summer/Early September in Japan as is the norm, it'd actually be following their normal timing. HG/SS came out September 12, 2009, Black and White came out September 18, 2010.

B2/W2 came out two years later on June 23, 2012. If they're announcing it for a summer release, they'd be spot on.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Shh, GAF doesn't take too kindly to religious folks.

It's just so... majestic.

I also like Lugia, though. Those 2 are probably my favourite legendaries.

Favourite in general has to be Dragonite, though.

Cookie18

I've been thinking of selling my 3DS over the last week and this could very well decide whether or not I do that. Pokémon is the only thing I really play on it.

the fuck you say

1252362352380b5ci2.gif

Berordn

You guys forgetting Heatmor now? aw man, its movepool is weak but I dug the design, awful to use as I discovered the hard way.

I still don't get why it wasn't Steel/Fire, the design even looks like it should be. Mini Heatran would've been great for the late game.

Makonero

Remoroid? Octillery? Yanma? C'mon guys, I love Gold and Silver, but the pokemon they added were second stringers. Gligar? Sunkern? Pssh.

I still don't get why it wasn't Steel/Fire, the design even looks like it should be. Mini Heatran would've been great for the late game.

I'd say because it spends its time burning steel ants but then again maybe if it were steel itself it would make more sense that it devours steel ants, that and it has like exhaust pipes all over the place, including one that looks pretty awkward on his sprite.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Out of all the "forgettable" Pokemon listed so far, Masquerain is the only one I had to look up. Yall can do better. I would offer up some candidates of my own, but I don't want to, hah.

I've been thinking of selling my 3DS over the last week and this could very well decide whether or not I do that. Pokémon is the only thing I really play on it.
May as well keep it at this point. Even if it's not announced tomorrow, Gen VI can't be too far off.

Can't wait to find out what it is. Not gonna stay up so I guess I'll see what it is on Nintendo's youtube.

Also, am I the only one that likes surprises? Besides what the main characters look like, and the region that it takes place, I still know nothing about B&W2. And am proud of it. If it is Gen VI, then the only thing I wanna know is what the main characters, boxed legendaries/box art, starters, and what the graphical style is. That is literaly all that I will be spoiled so I will really have a fun time with descovering what the game has to offer.

Man, I gotta get Black 2 within the next couple months.

Darryl

Banned
The Pokémon Rainbow rumor is very interesting. I think it's quite plausible, actually.

Normally, I'd dismiss such a rumor as bull, but I think this may be just the type of Pokémon game that Nintendo needs to release right now. We're in a weird situation where, coming right off of Black 2 & White 2, it's still too soon for Generation 6, but there really needs to be a new Pokémon game for 3DS. While they could make Ruby/Sapphire remakes on 3DS, it would be really odd starting off the next generation with a remake game, and even more odd if it was still Generation 5 but on the 3DS with a brand new engine and visuals and everything.

But with this—not quite remake, not quite entirely new game; not quite Generation 5, not quite Generation 6—effectively, a Generation 5.5 game, I think it's exactly what needs to be released. What else are they going to do, really? Any other option just seems to soon, or too out of place. This seems like the perfect bridge game before Generation 6.

yea, i agree. it just makes too much sense for them to not do. they've created too many areas with too many pokemon. it's a very confusing franchise. a game stitching all 4 of the first generations series - effectively leaving the black and white franchise (with it's obvious future sequels) as the only outliers will make the entire series easy for anyone to get into. if they continued at the pace they're going, they'll keep shrinking their user base.

I like the cutesy legendaries more

200px-251Celebi.png

200px-494Victini.png
medium.jpg

Out of all the "forgettable" Pokemon listed so far, Masquerain is the only one I had to look up. Yall can do better. I would offer up some candidates of my own, but I don't want to, hah.
The original 150 are so well known that even the most forgettable of them would be remembered by most gamers.

Same to a lesser extent with the Johto set. Hoenn has the highest number of meh pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom