• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Direct 01.08.13 (U.S.-6AM EST, EUR-12PM CET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Qwilfish and Stunfisk should hang out in a club

qwilfish_head_by_behindtg-d5icj6s.png

tumblr_m0g4zlwdJJ1qd87hlo1_500.gif

tumblr_m50t25Iwaa1qczibyo1_500.gif

tumblr_meqh8btPXC1rrdmqxo1_500.gif

Remoroid? Octillery? Yanma? C'mon guys, I love Gold and Silver, but the pokemon they added were second stringers. Gligar? Sunkern? Pssh.

Gligar becomes Gliscor though, and that is a beast.

This just reminds me that there are way too many shitty pokemon. I'm not sure i really like any after the first game and there is just so many now that 'legendary' just doesn't feel like an accurate description.

It's just you.

Also technically it's only Gen II that actually put "legendary" actually "legendaries".

Most forgettable? Seel, Corsola, Masquerain, Chatot, and Heatmor.
I never spoil myself by memorising the Dex and move pools ahead of playing the game (I like surprises) and I remember finding a Sirskit in the grass, catching it and training it up as my Water 'mon.

With a typing like Bug/Water, I thought I could build a good team around him and Torchic while not chichéing my way through the game. It was exciting, doubly so because he was so weak, so I assumed he had sone kind of Magikarp Power.

You can imagine my disappointment then, when I lost my water type to Masquerain.

Tyeforce

Assuming it comes out around Summer/Early September in Japan as is the norm, it'd actually be following their normal timing. HG/SS came out September 12, 2009, Black and White came out September 18, 2010.

B2/W2 came out two years later on June 23, 2012. If they're announcing it for a summer release, they'd be spot on.
Not really, the normal timing has been 4 years, not 3, since Generation IV. So there's likely another year before Generation VI, unless they want to continue to extend the gap between generations (which, personally, I hope they do).

If it is a new gen I hope they do something new with the starters. B/W starters were so boring and fuck fire/fighting types.

I liked the 4th gen, water/steel and grass/ground were cool.

i didnt follow pokemon all that much, but what about those random robots and thousands of legendary pokemons that look all the same? usually I am not one of the "omg only gen 1 pokemons" but in term of "legendary" gen 1 and 2 handle it much better than the later ones. Mew <3

I don't know about you all, but I freaking loved Colosseum.

Colosseum was good but it is still missing things from the original pokemon stadium. It kinda annoys me how half hearted these games are when they are full priced game. I never feel like much effort has been put into them.

Boss Doggie

I didn't say it was anyone else, the gen II ones are probably the worst as well (here are some more legendary birds!). Actually scratch that ugly looking shit like deoxys is worse.

It makes sense. It's an alien virus. Just because they're ugly doesn't mean they don't work.

Besides Genesect >>> Deoxys >>> Mewtwo

Come at me Genwunners

It makes sense. It's an alien virus. Just because they're ugly doesn't mean they don't work.

Come at me Genwunners

I'd reverse that. Mewtwo is just unbelievably well designed. The only truly menacing Pokemon- they still seem to maintain he's the only "evil" one going, and I still buy it. I love Deoxys in both concept and execution (although more the former than the latter), and Genesect... well, Genesect I need more time to let grow on me, I have seen very little of him in anything. But he looks kinda goofy, in the face.

Deoxys is supposed to be ugly. Also see: Mewtwo, Genesect.

It's just an ugly design, i don't care about the reason there is just nothing appealing there. I can't stand genesect either. Mewtwo looks much better then both of them.

Come at me Genwunners

I don't really care why the design looks so bad it doesn't change the fact that it does. Furthermore i'm just sick of legendaries in general. I understand they need new ones for the people experiencing the game for the first time but there is just too many now.

clemenx

Banned
Too bad he sucks so much. Articuno is one of those things even getting semi competitive in Pokemon kills :(

Still the best cry ever.

BlackJace

Colosseum was good but it is still missing things from the original pokemon stadium. It kinda annoys me how half hearted these games are when they are full priced game. I never feel like much effort has been put into them.

Which is why I hope to see a follow up in the future. Probably won't happen though :(

Boss Doggie

It's just an ugly design, i don't care about the reason there is just nothing appealing there. I can't stand genesect either. Mewtwo looks much better then both of them.

I don't really care why the design looks so bad it doesn't change the fact that it does. Furthermore i'm just sick of legendaries in general. I understand they need new ones for the people experiencing the game for the first time but there is just too many now.

What I like about now is that many of the "legendaries" are really just one time Pokemon (i.e. they're not really "legendary" - as their stats aren't even huge, but it gives them a one-time catch opportunity).

And meh, Mewtwo still looks like a stretched fetus to me.

Holy shit. "Pokemon Rainbow" made it to almost every gaming news site.

Gaming journalism!

Darryl

Banned
i didnt follow pokemon all that much, but what about those random robots and thousands of legendary pokemons that look all the same? usually I am not one of the "omg only gen 1 pokemons" but in term of "legendary" gen 1 and 2 handle it much better than the later ones. Mew <3

if this rainbow rumor is true than probably 90% of the new pokemon they're gonna announce are legendaries.

What I like about now is that many of the "legendaries" are really just one time Pokemon (i.e. they're not really "legendary" - as their stats aren't even huge, but it gives them a one-time catch opportunity).

And meh, Mewtwo still looks like a stretched fetus to me.

Fair enough, we all have different tastes. Btw that is a really disturbing image but i don't see it lol.

gosox333

Reposted from 4chan/Bulbagarden

Those are translations of Masuda's latest tweets.

"Junichi Masuda @ Junichi_Masuda
Good morning, everyone! Masuda not sleep too well (laughs)! This day I have come at last! ! Than 13 hours off the countdown! ! ! (^ ^) / ~ ~ ~"

"Junichi Masuda @ Junichi_Masuda
(Tue) 20:00, January 08, today announced the latest information at the same time the world Pokemon! We want as many people get to see one in person, please RT! Thank you to advertise in schools and companies! !"

Not really news, but it's a good thing to see Masuda excitement. The more he's involved, the better.

TreIII

I'd reverse that. Mewtwo is just unbelievably well designed. The only truly menacing Pokemon- they still seem to maintain he's the only "evil" one going, and I still buy it. I love Deoxys in both concept and execution (although more the former than the latter), and Genesect... well, Genesect I need more time to let grow on me, I have seen very little of him in anything. But he looks kinda goofy, in the face.

Agreed with all this. Plus, a part of me always loved to think that Mewtwo was a little shout-out to Giegue/Giyig from Mother 1. Helps that Ape/Creatures was involved with both games!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom