• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokken Tournament for Wii U (Spring 2016 WW) Announced at Pokemon World Championships

Thought the trailer was going to show how the game is going to look on wiiu. :(
LOL. Good thing Nintendo is the publisher, waiting at least 6 months for Atlus games in EU after NA is torture. I appreciate NISA for picking up publishing of Atlus games in EU, but they could be a little faster.

I dont apreciate it. I would like them loosing the publishig rights to someone who actually gives a shit about EU anime market and release the games PAL5.
Like why the fuck SEGA isnt the one publishing atlus games in europe.
NISA is horrible, weeks or months of wait between americas release, and they dont even touch the games in the slightlest so they wait is stupid. And their distribution is nothing to wrte home about, if you dont buy it the week of release, say bye to a physical copy. Fuck NISA.

Razmos

2 slots wasted on the fucking mascot character?

I thought Pikachu was an obvious but rather harmess addition, but Pikachu Libre taking up a slot? Idiotic.

Zyrox

Wellthereitis.gif
Good to have confirmation. A little earlier than I expected even.
I still can't believe some people thought this was gonna stay in arcades or come out on ps4/xbox one.
Lucha Pikachu reveal is kinda disappointing though. I feel for the Hawlucha fans.

aLzcDB1.jpg

I imagine it's less of Pikachu Libre taking up a slot but that she was the Pokemon the developers were talking about when they said they added in a fan favorite after demand.

A costumed Pikachu was probably far easier to implement than Hawlucha, not that the lack of Hawlucha doesn't completely suck.

But people only view fighting game rosters as a set number of slots and they always will so nothing I say here matters.

Sou Da

I imagine it's less of Pikachu Libre taking up a slot but that she was the Pokemon the developers were talking about when they said they added in a fan favorite after demand.

A costumed Pikachu was probably far easier to implement than Hawlucha, not that the lack of Hawlucha doesn't completely suck.

But people only view fighting game rosters as a set number of slots and they always will so nothing I say here matters.

It has Hawlucha's moves and it's pretty much the same size.

You guys honestly think Pikachu Libre is the only character they're going to add? Heck, they're working on regularly updating the Arcade version.

We're going to get at least another one before the game comes out. Mark my words.

also, the franchise prioritizing its friggin mascot, which was made a mascot because children responded to it so well over the one they INTENDED, shouldn't come as a surprise to you people.

I mean, look at Street Fighter. Not only are there tons of Shotoclones, there's at least two Ryus.

Pikachu Libre is perfectly fine.

RM8

My favorites are never going to be playable, lol. Emolga is already just a support :( I'd actually try to main Luchachu out of the confirmed characters.

Berordn

It has Hawlucha's moves and it's pretty much the same size.

He's clearly referring to the investment for developing the assets for a character, not that Hawlucha would somehow be impossible to design as a fighter. There's already a Pikachu skeleton and model to use as a base and they're probably able to reuse a lot of logic from Pikachu proper in this one.

Sou Da

Ōkami;176128449 said:
Are type advantages a thing here?

Like would Charizard flying attacks do more damage on Machamp than on other characters?

Probably not. Otherwise one rock attack would sink Charizard : ^)

It's still early days but I like the look of pokken, it's different enough to not be a reskin of tekken or street fighter so it feels fresh.

Top Bottom