• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokken Tournament for Wii U (Spring 2016 WW) Announced at Pokemon World Championships

The pictures say "recommended" special moves. So just how many does each character have?

I hope not. Or at least not most of the competitive people. Ugh. Impossible to find a more toxic competitive crowd.

Eh, at this point they are not much different from the general FGC, maybe even better since the esports movement came.

Is there actual salt in this thread about this not being multiplat or are people just trolling?
I hope trolling. I always expected it on a Nintendo console. Thought it might have gotten delayed to NX, but May 2016 I will take. (Remember Splatoon was Spring 2015 also)

Effect

I hope trolling. I always expected it on a Nintendo console. Thought it might have gotten delayed to NX, but May 2016 I will take. (Remember Splatoon was Spring 2015 also)

Yeah it was always a guess as to which system this would land on. Wii U or possibly the NX. It still might both but good to see that Nintendo will at least be attempting to support the Wii U somewhat in 2016 if the NX is to drop at the end of that year.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Will this or Zelda be the last Wii U game from Nintendo?

the schedule next year is looking like:

March?: Genei Ibun Roku #FE
May: Pokkén Tournament
June: Mario & Sonic at the 2016 Rio Olympic Games
November: Legend of Zelda Wii U
/ NX

Then throw in Project Treasure and the usual Lego, Skylanders, Infinity and Just Dance titles and you've got a picture of what 2016 will look like for the Wii U.

[edit] and Yooka-Laylee

RM8

Freaking Nintendo moneyhatting Pokémon games, ugh. First we didn't get Pokémon X Nobunaga's Ambition on PSP, and now this!?

udivision

Freaking Nintendo moneyhatting Pokémon games, ugh. First we didn't get Pokémon X Nobunaga's Ambition on PSP, and now this!?

When Sony moneyhatted Uncharted 4 no one cared but now Nintendo decides to moneyhat Pokemon for once everyone freaks out.

jmizzal

Yesss was hoping it would be Spring

So SMTxFE early 2016, Pokken Spring and Zelda Fall for next year on WiiU announced games

RM8

I didn't know Nintendo outright owned Pokemon. If that's trolling, then, okay.
I mean, Pokémon is not a very new series, and somehow it has never made it to competing systems. I guess it's prefectly possible that you never paid attention to this fact, but in that case I don't think you'd care a lot about this game.

Might well be the first Pokemon spin-off I buy since Pinball!
Go play Conquest right now. In a perfect world, mainline Pokémon would play like that.

cand

the schedule next year is looking like:

March?: Genei Ibun Roku #FE
May: Pokkén Tournament
June: Mario & Sonic at the 2016 Rio Olympic Games
November: Legend of Zelda Wii U
/ NX

Then throw in Project Treasure and the usual Lego, Skylanders, Infinity and Just Dance titles and you've got a picture of what 2016 will look like for the Wii U.

[edit] and Yooka-Laylee

Wait wat

This thread is scary, I don't know if people are joking or not about multiplat pokémon.

Edit: I know wich game is this (SMT X FE) i just want to know about the date. If so early that would be awesome!

Hoping the game will have 20 characters by release. I guess if they announce a new one every month then it could be close.

But I'm pretty pleased with the lineup so far. I got Lucario and Gengar, two of my favorites. :]

Pikachu Libre... well, I guess no Tekken game can have just one Mishima. :p

MarkusRJR

Yay! Actually so happy I get to play this so soon. I thought they'd push the console release like a year or more after the arcade release.

Is there actual salt in this thread about this not being multiplat or are people just trolling?

Lol why would anyone think it'd be on other consoles? Pokemon has always been an nintendo property so Wii U or NX would have been the obvious choice for Pokken.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Easy to execute moves, Tekken Rage system and "Easy to pick up and play" doesn't exactly encite confidence in this as a fighting game I'd be interested in unfortunately. Id pick it up for that Red/blue nostalgia and love of fighting games but being on Wii U unfortunately means that will never happen.

Could have been a fun game to play now and then with beers and friends over.

I foolishly listened to the possibility of a PS4/X1 version.

Wait did you seriously thought that Pokken Tournament, a Pokémon game that Nintendo owns 1/3 of the right too and all copyright of the 721 Pokémon would get released on a non Nintendo system?

Dude that's like asking for a Wii U and Xbone version of Uncharted 4.

https://twitter.com/xD1x/status/634751847216115712

CM8XZ6oWwAMkddS.jpg

CM8XadKWUAATSm1.jpg

CM8XbCmWcAAamKB.jpg

CM8Xb2JWgAAtqmN.jpg

Charizard move set looks cool and I love it how Pikachu has Nuzzle, he's gonna nuzzle everyone to death.

I honestly can't tell.

I've brought this issue up in previous threads, but might as well talk about it again. What do you guys think will be the fix for the way the camera works for this game? The way it is currently is so that each player has a different camera perspective thus needing a different screen. Do you think the WiiU version will require local play to use the gamepad for player 2, or do split screen, or change the way the camera works entirely? This issue could be a problem for tourneys if not implemented well.

I mean, Pokémon is not a very new series, and somehow it has never made it to competing systems. I guess it's prefectly possible that you never paid attention to this fact, but in that case I don't think you'd care a lot about this game.

Go play Conquest right now. In a perfect world, mainline Pokémon would play like that.
I assumed it was in a similar vein to MGS on the older playstations. I like the old pokemon games and I love Tekken so I was interested.

Imma bow outta this thread though. You'd swear I'm committing a crime not knowing the ins and outs of Ip ownership for every game on every sysem.

Enjoy fellas.

Memory

Wait wat

This thread is scary, I don't know if people are joking or not about multiplat pokémon.

Edit: I know wich game is this (SMT X FE) i just want to know about the date. If so early that would be awesome!

FIre Emblem X Shin - Its the Japanese name, they will no doubt have a more marketable name in the west.

TreIII

Charizard looks awesome, can't wait to play as him. They need to add Blastoise so I can beat all the fanboys with Charizard. =3

I already got Machamp, so that makes me happy as it is. But my boy Blastoise would just make me spasm with happiness the day if/when the day comes...

L Thammy

In the wet dream of a strategy enthusiast maybe.

I frequently have wet dreams about games with almost no challenge or depth.

FIre Emblem X Shin - Its the Japanese name, they will no doubt have a more marketable name in the west.

They previously used Illusory Revelations #FE as the English name. They might use that. It's not a direct translation as far as I'm aware; the Revelations bit is just what Persona 1 was named.

Escalario

Banned
That would be weird even published by Nintendo, is an Atlus game. Atlus hates EU
=P

LOL. Good thing Nintendo is the publisher, waiting at least 6 months for Atlus games in EU after NA is torture. I appreciate NISA for picking up publishing of Atlus games in EU, but they could be a little faster.

Top Bottom