• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokken Tournament for Wii U (Spring 2016 WW) Announced at Pokemon World Championships

-Horizon-

9fe.jpg

jbug617

Banned
Do we have an examples of the shortest time from release to make it into Evo? Mr.Wizard tends to be really strict on late releases.

USF4 came out a month before EVO but I guess that would count as an add-on expansion.
NRS games (MK9, MKX and Injustice) came out in April and they were at EVO

Mory Dunz

Not sure why this has to be the last game until Zelda.

I mean, a random game can come out of no where.

Like how Mario tennis and others were announced. Not everything needs a year hype cycle.

-Horizon-

Not sure why this has to be the last game until Zelda.

I mean, a random game can come out of no where.

Like how Mario tennis and others were announced. Not everything needs a year hype cycle.

This won't be the last game till Zelda. Because we're still getting SMTxFE or whatever its called now #FE or whatever

Zubz

Banned
BOY IF ONLY THERE WAS ANOTHER ACTUALLY NEW POKEMON INTRODUCED IN THE 6TH GEN THAT ALSO FIT THIS ARCHETYPE/FIGHTING STYLE.

This is Masuda tier decision making.

M-Maybe we'll still see Hawlucha! I mean, she needs a tag team partner, no?

jbug617

Banned
Blaziken info
@MarkMan23: Blaziken is so anime. He has air dash, air dash combos, no height restriction on his air dash, BUFF combo ability. #PokkenTournament

Also looks like Harada is at the event.

Tripon

EVO is a corporation and the largest fighting game tournament. Publishers work with EVO to ensure their game is at the tournament at an official capacity.

I'm sure the Pokemon Company is already having talks with them in order to bring it to EVO if that is their intent. Considering they invited a bunch of Fighting Game pros to the invitational, I'm assume they're serious about making it a serious tournament game.

EVO is a corporation and the largest fighting game tournament. Publishers work with EVO to ensure their game is at the tournament at an official capacity.

I'm sure the Pokemon Company is already having talks with them in order to bring it to EVO if that is their intent. Considering they invited a bunch of Fighting Game pros to the invitational, I'm assume they're serious about making it a serious tournament game.
I remember Harada mentioning that they want it to be a major tournament game for the Pokemon VG Championships. There's definitely gonna be a lot of support for it.

Tripon

For Smash people who are too used to it..? I don't see why any FGC player would chose it over a Wii U Pro Controller, the button layout and d pad aren't too optimal. Input lag maybe.

There's no input lag for the pro controller and Gamepad compared to the GC controller. The real issue is syncing pro controllers and Gamepads on multiple Wii U's vs the wired GC controller where you can just plug out when you're done playing.

I hope Nintendo just enables wired play.

ZeroX03

Banned
There's no input lag for the pro controller and Gamepad compared to the GC controller. The real issue is syncing pro controllers and Gamepads on multiple Wii U's vs the wired GC controller where you can just plug out when you're done playing.

I hope Nintendo just enables wired play.

Well we don't even have local play confirmed yet, so if they have to use LAN that won't be a problem haha.

Would suck if players are forced to use inferior controllers for syncing reasons.

Dyle

For Smash people who are too used to it..? I don't see why any FGC player would chose it over a Wii U Pro Controller, the button layout and d pad aren't too optimal. Input lag maybe.

Pro controllers are disastrous at smash tournaments. People always forget to unsync them and they end up interrupting matches by accidentally pausing the game or preventing you from leaving the character select screen. That, plus how few people own them and the fact that Pokken is a two button fighter, should hopefully force them to include gamecube controller compatibility.

Tizoc

So NX reveal in 2016 and release in 2017 based on this?

I'll say this much, the Wii U will go out still having some great games in its library.

Neoxon

GameCube Controller is wired, Pro Controller isn't.

Javier

I vote Zelda too. Careful though people will get mad if you say this.
Zelda could very well be the last Wii U game depending on when it comes out, but to say the Wii U is getting no games after Pokken besides Zelda is pretty ridiculous.

Berordn

Yeah, it's a female (the tail is the heart-shaped one) while the normal Pikachu is male. The Luchachu has different animations as well and a different Super.

I noticed it was Cosplay Pikachu specifically but I hadn't had a chance to actually see the trailer yet. Huh.

Hopefully they get some of her other costumes in there too. (belle pikachu plz)

TI82

Banned
Zelda could very well be the last Wii U game depending on when it comes out, but to say the Wii U is getting no games after Pokken besides Zelda is pretty ridiculous.

Well, is it? The NX is likely coming very soon and Nintendo is still having trouble with HD development time so it's pretty safe to say they are now focusing on software for it.

ZeroX03

Banned
Pro controllers are disastrous at smash tournaments. People always forget to unsync them and they end up interrupting matches by accidentally pausing the game or preventing you from leaving the character select screen. That, plus how few people own them and the fact that Pokken is a two button fighter, should hopefully force them to include gamecube controller compatibility.

GameCube Controller is wired, Pro Controller isn't.

Guys I'm a competitive FGC player, I know how it works. But the GC controller is vastly inferior to use for Pokken. It's not the same as Smash. It'll be fucking terrible to use as the standard. D-pad is Nintendo's worst, face buttons are uneven and shoulder triggers. Pretty much have to use third party GC controllers if that were the case.

Pokken is a six button fighter too, not two.

Escalario

Banned
Guys I'm a competitive FGC player, I know how it works. But the GC controller is vastly inferior to use for Pokken. It's not the same as Smash. It'll be fucking terrible to use as the standard.

Basically this. GC controller layout isn't precisely good for fighting games that aren't Smash, which only needs 2 face buttons for attacks. Also I doubt GC controller will even be supported lol. Nintendo certainly doesn't cares about it, considering only Smash can use it.

Neoxon

Guys I'm a competitive FGC player, I know how it works. But the GC controller is vastly inferior to use for Pokken. It's not the same as Smash. It'll be fucking terrible to use as the standard. D-pad is Nintendo's worst, face buttons are uneven and shoulder triggers. Pretty much have to use third party GC controllers if that were the case.

Basically this. GC controller layout isn't precisely good for fighting games that aren't Smash, which only needs 2 face buttons for attacks. Also I doubt GC controller will even be supported lol. Nintendo certainly doesn't cares about it, considering only Smash can use it.

But until a wired Pro Controller is available, it will remain inferior.

L Thammy

I hope we'll get a demo or something - but I'm not really expecting it. Pokken still seems kind of weird to me, so I'd like to get a feel for it before I try it out.

Top Bottom