• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokken Tournament for Wii U (Spring 2016 WW) Announced at Pokemon World Championships

Tripon

Trying to rely on an internet connection to play against a competitor against at tournaments would be ass. Hotel's internet is the fucking sketchiest weakest thing and should not be relied on.

We'll see how vs mode works since I assume it has to be done on two screens since its an arena fighter with lots of room. I assume players would want to have the action focused on them all the time vs. one screen where one player is always have their back and one player is constantly facing forward.

Kouichi

Here's Gengar's attacks provided by D1.

CM8RNrxWwAAMQnd.jpg

Easy to execute moves is no surprise. I can't wait to try out Gengar.

Dremark

Banned
Yeah, tell'em, tell'em all. After stealing our games, now Nintendo is stealing their own games. It's unacceptable...unacceptable, I say!

Nintendo owns Namco Bandai now? How big is this money hat they have. Are they going to buy Microsoft next?

You think the last Wii U game is coming out in Spring?

I mean

Of course you do, but does any rational person think that?

In all seriousness Nintendo doesn't have a very good history supporting thier consoles late in thier life span. With the way the NX rumors are going I could see this being one of thier last big titles, but who really knows?

Effect

So is this or Zelda the last Wii U game? My bet is Zelda.

Easily Zelda. That's not coming until after the NX version most likely anyway. If it's getting the Twilight Princess treatment then it could get released a month later.

Back to Pokken. Do anyone think this means we could get a fight stick made available for it?

Blues1990

So is this or Zelda the last Wii U game? My bet is Zelda.
It wouldn't be too much of a shock if this was the case, especially since Nintendo can have a fresh start & will not repeat the same mistakes they have made with the Wii U for their new console.
I hope.

Easy to execute moves, Tekken Rage system and "Easy to pick up and play" doesn't exactly encite confidence in this as a fighting game I'd be interested in unfortunately. Id pick it up for that Red/blue nostalgia and love of fighting games but being on Wii U unfortunately means that will never happen.

Could have been a fun game to play now and then with beers and friends over.

I foolishly listened to the possibility of a PS4/X1 version.

Escalario

Banned
Easy to execute moves, Tekken Rage system and "Easy to pick up and play" doesn't exactly encite confidence in this as a fighting game I'd be interested in unfortunately. Id pick it up for that Red/blue nostalgia and love of fighting games but being on Wii U unfortunately means that will never happen.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You can't be serious. Please tell me you aren't.

Busaiku

Easy to execute moves, Tekken Rage system and "Easy to pick up and play" doesn't exactly encite confidence in this as a fighting game I'd be interested in unfortunately.
3D fighters usually have easier inputs.
That doesn't make execution any easier, 3D fighters typically have high execution barriers.
Now that's just dumb.

Been looking forward to a localization announcement since the game was announced for arcades. I'm so stoked, definitely going to main Machamp.

Maxrunner

Well why have two identical consoles PS4 and X1 then?

TI82

Banned
Says the guy shitting in every Nintendo-related thread.

Right, whatever you say man. Try not shifting things to me and maybe be a little introspective. I've already atoned for my past mistakes but I guess people will always bring them up.

giphy.gif

Neoxon

You realize that Nintendo partially owns Pokémon, right?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Why are you a moe girl

Nah Aikatsu girls are far from moe.

The only reason they're easy is because it has a field mode and duel mode.

mStudios

lmao

Wow, just heard this news! It's coming earlier than I expected. I wonder if they will immediately put it into the Pokemon VGC tournament circuit; though I think there would only be nationals and worlds left by the time it comes out. Hope this game is fun as I really want to invest a good chunk of time into it to be a tourney threat. Hoping for HugS to win the invitational since he sometimes comes down to my school's smash tourney's, but we all now JWong will win.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
TWO versions of Pikachu? Really? Why Not Hawlucha FFS.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Next we need Baby Pikachu and Pink Gold Pikachu

You mean Pichu and Raichu

This says recommended. Implying that he has more specials that we don't know?
Also, I'm willing to bet we'll somehow get sticks for this game.

it's not the complete moveset, much like typical movelist stuff in arcade only showing the important stuff whereas in faqs/guides there are more

you can check the full moveset in the japanese site, for example, this is the full movelist of Blaziken

Top Bottom