• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokken Tournament for Wii U (Spring 2016 WW) Announced at Pokemon World Championships

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Does anyone not know how shit Nintendo Network is? Smash 1v1 online is okay at best, something Namco also handled. Never mind I am also talking about starting private matches etc. Nothing shitty about my post.
It couldn't even handle the release of DLC. NN is garbage. I would hope Pokken has competent online capabilities but there really hasn't been a game on the system that isn't missing some normal feature for online modes.

All these posts unabashedly claiming to be objective on what seemingly is an anecdote. Holy shit.

Also again, arcade is pretty much fully online and has been doing so fine, not that hard to imagine them having those.

Comparatively to the other console manufacturers, it is. Lets not kid ourselves in thinking Nintendo's servers are anything but mediocre.
Maybe you should stop BSing because other console manufacturers are well known to be having hella issues. Go find me the last, "is Nintendo network down?" thread. Dont worry. I'll wait.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Does anyone not know how shit Nintendo Network is? Smash 1v1 online is okay at best, something Namco also handled. Never mind I am also talking about starting private matches etc. Nothing shitty about my post.

I play Smash and TTT2 just fine online.

Maybe it's on your end.

ZeroX03

Banned
Comparatively to the other console manufacturers, it is. Lets not kid ourselves in thinking Nintendo's servers are anything but mediocre.

I've deduced two things. One, you don't understand how servers work. Two, you've missed the weekly PSN downtime complaint threads for the past five years.

udivision

I was hoping they'd use clones to increase the roster and add Pokemon with similar body types with more ease. Wasn't hoping for this though...

Boss Doggie

As someone clueless about Tekken what are you guys talking about? 9 characters seems like very little.

Tekken 7 started with mid-sized characters but as the dates go on characters are added in the arcade game.

Same thing with Pokken. Blaziken is the newest addition.

I was hoping they'd use clones to increase the roster and add Pokemon with similar body types with more ease. Wasn't hoping for this though...

Well she's not a clone from what we've seen.

Wasn't talking about downtime of other services. Simply stating the NN couldn't handle Ryu DLC.

Its whatever, Im worried about its online on a Nintendo console just like every other thing they have online. None of their games have "great" online. Whether it be the netcode, game modes, playing with friends, etc.

Its a valid concern and Im sticking with it.

Effect

The Nintendo Network online is no worse then the other systems out there. Don't confuse your bad connection with the service itself. Some people simply have bad experiences but it's not an example of the whole thing being bad.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
i had always thought that such a thing didn't exist

They need to retcon Raichu.
Or make it Dedene's evolution or something.

lXMhlz6.jpg

According to the other thread, part of the reason why the ceremony was so mellow compared to others is because they started it before less than 75% of people even got there lol.

ZeroX03

Banned
Wasn't talking about downtime of other services. Simply stating the NN couldn't handle Ryu DLC.

Its whatever, Im worried about its online on a Nintendo console just like every other thing they have online. None of their games have "great" online. Whether it be the netcode, game modes, playing with friends, etc.

You directly compared it to other services.

Comparatively to the other console manufacturers, it is.

Smash, Splatoon and MK8 are all fine online. And eShop downtime has no relation to how well they play online. Stop playing your shit on WiFi.

jbug617

Banned
Justin is tweeting out game info.

@JWonggg: Pokken Tournament Mechanics - 2 types of battle. Free roam(Naruto style) close range(SF) you will always rotate on those 2 back and forth

@JWonggg: There is also X Factor when your life is red where you do more damage and a RPS system which deals with normals, throws and a parry

@JWonggg: Also during the 2 phases, your Pokemon will have different moveset to compliment each battle phase. Throws will reset phase

@JWonggg: Supers - you must build meter to get into super form which enhances your Pokemon and give you access to animation super.

@JWonggg: Assist - You have to wait for your assist to build before using it. Time will refill assist gauge.

Since it is releasing so late, i guess it wouldn't be at Evo.

If it comes out in March or April then it has enough time to be an EVO game.

Effect

You directly compared it to other services.

Smash, Splatoon and MK8 are all fine online. And eShop downtime has no relation to how well they play online. Stop playing your shit on WiFi.

Or just get a good wifi router. Those should and need to be upgraded as well after a while and that's something people don't seem to realize.

Boss Doggie

Yes because clearly an attempt to access a download server by thousands of people is the same as people matchmaking.

At this point you should probably stop before you dig yourself deep.

Wait, she's not a clone!?

Why a reskinned Pikachu and not any of the other Pokemon that work, including a Pokemon specifically designed to be a Luchador?

Apparently Pikalibre is popular.

Vandole

Wait, she's not a clone!?

Why a reskinned Pikachu and not any of the other Pokemon that work, including a Pokemon specifically designed to be a Luchador?

Because Pokemon casuals like myself have no idea who any of the other luchadore Pokemon are, but we do know that a Pikachu luchadore is fucking adorable and that's all we need.

So on behalf of the people like myself who are being marketed to and kind of fucking things up for the hard-core fans... Sorry.

Libre Pikachu is popular and is a female.

But there's no confirmed males in the game, other than the other Pikachu. Suicune doesn't even have a gender.

I guess based on ear length for Weavile and heair length for Blaziken they're male, but it's not really clear.

Even Machamp could be female for all we know.

Top Bottom