• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polygon: Xbox Scorpio will be a ~6 TFLOP system (v PS4K's 4.14), unveil soon, Fall 17

THE:MILKMAN

So I was right earlier then. They will talk about it to some extent but probably don't have anything physical (or even game teaser trailers) to show.

Like a PS4 reveal extra-lite.

The real confusing thing here, apart from the insiders disagreeing, is that there are still lots of gaffers saying Neo won't be mentioned at E3. That should be the least likely of all scenarios but there it is.

I find Tom Warren's comment most interesting after his exchange on Twitter with Arthur Gies the other day. I guess he got word of something pretty recently.

Nah, people that want Oculus and will buy one will go with a PC whether Scorpio is available or not. Compatibility with the living room TV is even less of a factor when considering VR uses a second display.

Buying into XBone after they already got trounced by Sony is going to be a hard pill to swallow for most, but to spend exorbitantly on a console (probably $600+) and a VR HMD ($600) on a company that will, by common perception, be pulling an NX type move doesn't seem promising at all.

With a PC or a PS4 a user doesn't get all the baggage and potentially a $1200 pair of doorstops in a year or two. Certainly some might make the argument that Rift will work with a PC, but if XBox as a brand collapses which I expect if MS says ALL XBone titles must run on Windows and half of the 3rd parties that develop for XBone and Windows drop XBone development altogether, who really is going to a want an obnoxiously Xbone branded Rift?

$1,200 doorstop? You're going places.

Why do you count the Neo off the table for Christmas ? Sure it will not be the same price, but people also look at that $400 box better suited for a long term investment.

Probably because they'll play the same games and OG PS4 will be cheaper. Also, it will be only 3 years old, consumers aren't getting tired of it.

MilkyJoe

Nah, people that want Oculus and will buy one will go with a PC whether Scorpio is available or not. Compatibility with the living room TV is even less of a factor when considering VR uses a second display.

Buying into XBone after they already got trounced by Sony is going to be a hard pill to swallow for most, but to spend exorbitantly on a console (probably $600+) and a VR HMD ($600) on a company that will, by common perception, be pulling an NX type move doesn't seem promising at all.

With a PC or a PS4 a user doesn't get all the baggage and potentially a $1200 pair of doorstops in a year or two. Certainly some might make the argument that Rift will work with a PC, but if XBox as a brand collapses which I expect if MS says ALL XBone titles must run on Windows and half of the 3rd parties that develop for XBone and Windows drop XBone development altogether, who really is going to a want an obnoxiously Xbone branded Rift?

This is a one of the better ones. Jinkies...

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member

You made liberal use of "xbone" but I was disappointed not to see an "M$" in there. 6/10

Lol given that developing for uwp is a massive market compared to just ps4 you can expect the amount of xbox games to grow.

Love the ps fanboy wanting xbox to fail though :)

Lol given that developing for uwp is a massive market compared to just ps4 you can expect the amount of xbox games to grow.

Gor those of you whole spend all day on this thread bitching about how much they want xbox to fail .. Read and weep..

Its really happening

http://m.imgur.com/a/Gg1t1

Something tells me your stay on this website is going to be... Short.

Glad you're excited, though! :)

Gor those of you whole spend all day on this thread bitching about how much they want xbox to fail .. Read and weep..

Its really happening

http://m.imgur.com/a/Gg1t1

Please don't encourage this negativity further. It's no better

viHuGi

Banned
I´m buying Scorpio DAY 1 IF:

Fall 2017 Launch Date
399e Price Point
Gears of War 4, ReCore and ScaleBound fully updated to new hardware

That will do.

Let´s go MS!

EvB

who really is going to a want an obnoxiously Xbone branded Rift?

True. You'd just look stupid

Oculus-3.jpg

RootCause

Regarding the less talked about Xbox(slim). Has there been any rumors about potential improvements? Other than it being smaller.

I really like the current Xbox size(runs cool, and quiet), and has the brick on the outside. Hope they keep it out.

wapplew

I predict MS will announce a date for special Xbox event like PSX at E3, will talk about all win10/Xbox related new hardware and software at that event.

anothertech

Yeah not just assumption. I think people concluding it won't be there are stating the obvious but I'm hearing it actually won't be there.
Ive been wrong plenty of times though.
I think that was the original plan.

But if you look at the controlled 'leak' and the message that went with it, it sounded more like MS were reacting to Sony's Neo announcement early, and now there is a much higher chance we see it at E3. More than just a chance imo.

If MS has nothing to combat the Neo at E3, they will have very little else to show, slim version or not. I just don't think they will let that happen.

I predict MS will announce a date for special Xbox event like PSX at E3, will talk about all win10/Xbox related new hardware and software at that event.

It would be AMAZING if they brought X00 events back.

Specially since X06, 10 years ago was incredible. PGR4, Banjo, Halo wars, Bioshock as exclusive, Splinter Cell Conviction, and others were announced there it was like a second E3 that year.

Zedox

I still don't think we get an X0 event. The specs will leak in the coming months (closer to December) but we won't know how the device looks like until the Spring event. Launch will be a month or two later.

anothertech

last minute change of plans because sony "might" reveal their console ? thats business 101 ?
I thought it was obvious, but I can spell it out for you.

At the time of the Neo leaks and the later Scorpio leaks, it was far from a 'last minute change' imo. So not sure what you are getting at there.

Those sources also told Polygon that one of those new consoles will be over four times more powerful than the current Xbox One and that the announcement at E3 was triggered by, among other things, a faster than expected timeline for Sony’s own upgraded PlayStation 4.
That's all I'm talking about. They found out something more concrete about Sony's plans, and they changed their plans accordingly. Chess and all that. yes.

AmyS

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidth...-a-huge-e3-for-sony-and-the-ps4/#1e99fde7e670

Microsoft and Sony are looking forward. Sony, however, may be doing so a little bit quicker than Microsoft. Rumor has it that Sony is planning to reveal a sort of PS4.5, an upgraded version of the current console codenamed “Neo.” Microsoft has a similar project for a more powerful Xbox One, but that’s not reported to be coming our way until 2017. That’s an important advantage for Sony going into monday’s press conferences, and it could prove another feather in the cap of an already ascendant system.

Initial reports of the Neo were met with anxiety at best, and I still have real concerns about how all of this is going to work going forward. But even on the back foot, Sony has a real opportunity with Xbox reportedly holding Scorpio until 2017. If that is indeed the case, then the company gets sole providence over what appears to be the biggest hardware announcement of the show. That’s a real opportunity, especially when you consider Sony’s prime evening time slot. With no direct challenger from either Microsoft or Nintendo, Sony gets a little more room to move.

Microsoft could still shake things up by announcing the Scorpio on monday, but that’s a titanically risky move. Letting people know new hardware is coming this far in advance could tank Xbox One sales, and we’ve got no indication yet that the Scorpio could be ready for 2016. I’d be surprised to hear anything about that system when monday comes, but anything is possible.

Exciting times.

Hawk269

It would be AMAZING if they brought X00 events back.

Specially since X06, 10 years ago was incredible. PGR4, Banjo, Halo wars, Bioshock as exclusive, Splinter Cell Conviction, and others were announced there it was like a second E3 that year.

If they don't talk about Scorpio E3, I can see them having a second event that is like the old X00 events to talk about Scorpio. If it comes out March 2017 or so, I can see them having a show sometime in September to have a complete blowout with demo and such.

LOL, wtf? Like - you mean exactly like E3 or something?

Look, we already know they are going to announce several pieces of hardware specifically at E3, including 2 streaming devices & the slim. Everything points to Scorpio being alluded to, but it doesn't sound like anything concrete regarding it will be spelt out.

Zedox

People just need to look to Spring 2017 for the full reveal of "Scorpio". It's gonna show all of the hardware niceties that you guys are clamming for. I'm just repeating it because I don't want yall to get yalls hopes up. No one should suffer like that. Be excited for new hardware, yes, but have a realistic approach to it. MS is revealing all of their branded hardware at this event, full unveilings...don't you think it would make sense to do it for Xbox as well. It's all Windows 10 devices.

Top Bottom