• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polygon: Xbox Scorpio will be a ~6 TFLOP system (v PS4K's 4.14), unveil soon, Fall 17

Hopefully we get to see the size of the gpu thats what i care about .. I want better than a 980 but amd so async compute !! Come on ms bring me the xbox pro!

TLZ

Banned
The Last couple of pages

3121971371_1_3_2ffuRhko.gif

My God. We need some new news to drop cause y'all are losing your minds.

My man! :D

This thread sure will go ballastic if scorpio is 50% faster than neo as the speculation says!!

I really really doubt it. I'm thinking of reasons for MS that this would be beneficial. It's not gonna magically move all the PS4 owners right back at Xbox again, I just don't see that happening. MS will only do it if there's a good reason. Sure, the hardcore Xbox fans will love all that power, but is that enough for MS? If the new Xbox is on par with the rumored Neo or slightly better, that would be enough for me. They can't be coming with a 500 dollar system when the Neo probably has already been out for a while or is also releasing at a much lower price. They have to take retail price into account t.

Wonder if we're gonna hear anything about it on Monday.

I really really doubt it. I'm thinking of reasons for MS that this would be beneficial. It's not gonna magically move all the PS4 owners right back at Xbox again, I just don't see that happening. MS will only do it if there's a good reason. Sure, the hardcore Xbox fans will love all that power, but is that enough for MS?

I cant wait to play occulus with xbox but to drive it that extra power will sure come in handy. There are a lot of people who doubt ms will release a more powerful xbox compared to neo thats why this thread will exploded if they do.

pitchfork

I really really doubt it. I'm thinking of reasons for MS that this would be beneficial. It's not gonna magically move all the PS4 owners right back at Xbox again, I just don't see that happening. MS will only do it if there's a good reason. Sure, the hardcore Xbox fans will love all that power, but is that enough for MS? If the new Xbox is on par with the rumored Neo or slightly better, that would be enough for me. They can't be coming with a 500 dollar system when the Neo probably has already been out for a while or is also releasing at a much lower price. They have to take retail price into account t.

I'm expecting a tease that its in the pipeline, but nothing more

Would be kinda funny if Phil walks out on stage with some kind of Scorpion logo on his shirt

All the people I know who jumped from X360 to PS4 are either interested in Neo or are just planning on sticking with PS4.
I personally can't be arsed with getting two different consoles. I'd rather just get Neo and PSVR and keep the large library of games I still have in my backlog.

I do care about getting the most powerful/capable console somewhat, but the iterative process has messed that up now.
I mean, even if the rumours are true and Scorpio releases next year with more power, I'll still have a Neo and Vr to keep my busy for the two years following Scorpios release until PS5 comes out and blows it away.

I think Sony have been quite canny about this.
Unless one of their future console iterations is seriously underpowered their new strategy will probably keep me in their ecosystem for the foreseeable future.

Morinaga

Well if this new Xbox will play all Xbox games ever (disc versions), then I may be tempted at some point someday. If its only XboxOne games and newer then Im not intrested.

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels

Because literally every time there's a multiplatform game released, there are articles and videos putting both under the microscope and pointing out all the ways the PS4 version is superior.

Also every bit of power counts if Microsoft is serious about VR.

GHG

What are we thinking now then? Will Scorpio be unveiled in a couple of days or is it far too soon?

I wanted it this year in time for the next Forza but alas...

Zedox

What are we thinking now then? Will Scorpio be unveiled in a couple of days or is it far too soon?

It won't be unveiled until Spring 2017 at MS hardware event. They will keep talking about it at events though. You'll probably get FH3 on PC (though I know you hate UWP...but just saying) and cross-buy with Xbox. Obviously that's all speculation but it is the most likely scenario.

cackhyena

I think it would be absurd, especially now, to unveil anything. Undercut sales of not only the base model, but the new Slim they hope to keep sales afloat. Just sounds like a bad idea all around with Scorpio that far out.

jeffram

I feel like we should just assume and talk about the Scorpio like it will be 5TF (conservative estimate)

If it comes in at less than 6TF, I think people will be disappointed.

GHG

It won't be unveiled until Spring 2017 at MS hardware event. They will keep talking about it at events though. You'll probably get FH3 on PC (though I know you hate UWP...but just saying) and cross-buy with Xbox. Obviously that's all speculation but it is the most likely scenario.

You know me too well... I will hate myself for it but if FH3 comes out on the PC and performs well then it will be the first game to persuade me to upgrade my PC to W10. I would be stupid not to considering my hardware and the fact that it will be cross buy.

As Microsoft has been saying since Nadella took over, premium hardware to showcase their software.

It's why the Surface and Surfacebook exist.

Sams report starting soon. E3 and Xbox on the podcast

https://www.thurrott.com/podcasts/67882/sams-report-ep-42-xboxy-windows-10-shenanigans

edit starting now

Can't listen, at work :( any updates?

Xbox One slim 40% - 50% smaller than Xbox One.
He thinks the Xbox One Slim will be White and come with the new controller
He does not think the Scorpio will be at E3
VR will be shown/discussed
Xbox One streamers are 100% real, not sure if they will revealed at E3
He thinks Xbox interface will come to PC

Podcast finished.

Podcast still on, will update as he says more.

What are the X1 streamers being mentioned?

EDIT: Thanks all. I should've realized that.

flkraven

All the people I know who jumped from X360 to PS4 are either interested in Neo or are just planning on sticking with PS4.
I personally can't be arsed with getting two different consoles. I'd rather just get Neo and PSVR and keep the large library of games I still have in my backlog.

I do care about getting the most powerful/capable console somewhat, but the iterative process has messed that up now.
I mean, even if the rumours are true and Scorpio releases next year with more power, I'll still have a Neo and Vr to keep my busy for the two years following Scorpios release until PS5 comes out and blows it away.

I think Sony have been quite canny about this.
Unless one of their future console iterations is seriously underpowered their new strategy will probably keep me in their ecosystem for the foreseeable future.

I guess I just don't understand this mentality. If you jumped to PS4 from 360, one of the primary reasons had to have been that it was the more powerful next gen system. Now there is potential that Scorpio is the more powerful system. Several people were 'arsed' to switch systems this gen.

Likewise, why buy a NEO if the PS4 basically plays all the same games? Wouldn't it make sense to buy the new, more-powerfull Xbox and get access to the exclusives you missed out on? You'd also have access to all your backwards compatible 360 games.

Zedox

I guess I just don't understand this mentality. If you jumped to PS4 from 360, one of the primary reasons had to have been that it was the more powerful next gen system. Now there is potential that Scorpio is the more powerful system. Several people were 'arsed' to switch system this gen.

Likewise, why buy a NEO if the PS4 basically plays all the same games? Wouldn't it make sense to buy the new, more-powerfull Xbox and get access to the exclusives you missed out on? You'd also have access to all your backwards compatible 360 games.

Aye man, dont you know that once you go Sony, you'll never be lonely?

El_Chino

He thinks Xbox interface will come to PC

Podcast still on, will update as he says more.
Thank you!

I guess I just don't understand this mentality. If you jumped to PS4 from 360, one of the primary reasons had to have been that it was the more powerful next gen system. Now there is potential that Scorpio is the more powerful system. Several people were 'arsed' to switch systems this gen.

Ok sure, but why buy the Scorpio when the eventual Neo + will be more powerful? But wait! Why buy the Neo + when the MS Cancer will be more powerful? But wait!

This is becoming a vicious cycle.

Somnia

The sticks. Roku like devices that you can probably miracast your Xbox to.

Also how are they going to mention VR without in some capacity mentioning the Scorpio?

Easy.

"All of what you see here today will be available on the Xbox Platform in the near future."

Top Bottom