• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polygon: Xbox Scorpio will be a ~6 TFLOP system (v PS4K's 4.14), unveil soon, Fall 17

Are XB Mini and Slim the same thing?

No,

XB Mini sounds like it will be similar to Apple TV it will have limited game support but likely run apps.

XB Slim is a Xbox One around 40-50% smaller than the current Xbox One.

There is also a third device, a streaming stick similar to Roku

WadeitOut

Easy.

"All of what you see here today will be available on the Xbox Platform in the near future."

Yeah this is verbatim of what Ryan Mc said on Podcast Unlocked. I don't buy it. They know everyone knows their console can't push VR. They won't want to deal with all of this negative speculation for months.

flkraven

Ok sure, but why buy the Scorpio when the eventual Neo + will be more powerful? But wait! Why buy the Neo + when the MS Cancer will be more powerful? But wait!

This is becoming a vicious cycle.

Not really the same thing. This is basically the perfect excuse for PS4 owners to add an Xbox to their homes. Since the neo is a relatively small leap vs the PS4 in comparison to the rumored Scorpio specs, may as well diversify your household consoles.

gamz

No,

XB Mini sounds like it will be similar to Apple TV it will have limited game support but likely run apps.

XB Slim is a Xbox One around 40-50% smaller than the current Xbox One.

There is also a third device, a streaming stick similar to Roku

Going by the podcast the mini and slim are the same device.

Somnia

Yeah this is verbatim of what Ryan Mc said on Podcast Unlocked. I don't buy it. They know everyone knows their console can't push VR. They won't want to deal with all of this negative speculation for months.

Or how about

"Available soon with the power of Windows 10 and the Xbox Platform"

lol, saying Windows 10 hoping it'll throw people off since Xbox is on Win10 :)

Not really the same thing. This is basically the perfect excuse for PS4 owners to add an Xbox to their homes. Since the neo is a relatively small leap vs the PS4 in comparison to the rumored Scorpio specs, may as well diversify your household consoles.

Or not. We still lack concrete details and rumored specs can change. We might know more next week.

EDIT: I am trying to say that although we have details from fairly reliable sources we still don't have true confirmation from Sony or MS on the specs.

Footos22

I guess I just don't understand this mentality. If you jumped to PS4 from 360, one of the primary reasons had to have been that it was the more powerful next gen system. Now there is potential that Scorpio is the more powerful system. Several people were 'arsed' to switch systems this gen.

Likewise, why buy a NEO if the PS4 basically plays all the same games? Wouldn't it make sense to buy the new, more-powerfull Xbox and get access to the exclusives you missed out on? You'd also have access to all your backwards compatible 360 games.

Whynotboth.gif

Sydle

Or how about

"Available soon with the power of Windows 10 and the Xbox Platform"

lol, saying Windows 10 hoping it'll throw people off since Xbox is on Win10 :)

It's probably going to be more along the lines of Spencer acknowledging the advances being made in the PC space, specifying things like 4K and VR, and mentioning how he looks forward to bringing those things to the Xbox platform in 2017.

He'll use the word journey at least once.

I would not be surprised if the streaming devices are announced in the E3 pre-show or even just a blog post and announcement video.

Yeah. This I would understand. IMO, this makes more sense than coupling it with a Scorpio announcement (doubt they'd want anything taking time or spotlight from that), or having their own separate reveal.

These next 3 days are going to be a slow crawl.

Yeah. This I would understand. IMO, this makes more sense than coupling it with a Scorpio announcement (doubt they'd want anything taking time or spotlight from that), or having their own separate reveal.

These next 3 days are going to be a slow crawl.

I do not think MS will mention the Scorpio this E3, they will announce the Xbox Slim. I just do not see them doing both.

But I am unsure how they will do a VR demo without mentioning the Scorpio. Maybe just an announcement of a partnership with Oculus going forward.

rokkerkory

I don't think MS will show X1 because they don't have yet a form factor to hold up.

Since it's 1 to 1.5 years away, makes sense to show it next year.

since I wanted to make that joke

PSVR_s_05_1458057146.jpg

You're not really in a position to joke LOL

CCIE

Banned
If the mini has a 4K drive at a decent price as rumored I might be interested. Just for the movies, don't care about 4K for games at this time

WadeitOut

If the mini has a 4K drive at a decent price as rumored I might be interested. Just for the movies, don't care about 4K for games at this time

The only UHD player on the market is $400. No chance it has a UHD blu Ray drive.

It will probably have 4K playback though.

The only UHD player on the market is $400. No chance it has a UHD blu Ray drive.

It will probably have 4K playback though.

Or the price is that high because it's the only one on the market. I imagine that any component put into a console (like GPU's) have a lowered cost when purchased in bulk for consoles.

I don't believe your example precludes a drive from being included.

WadeitOut

Or the price is that high because it's the only one on the market. I imagine that any component put into a console (like GPU's) have a lowered cost when purchased in bulk for consoles.

I don't believe your example precludes a drive from being included.

Right. But I don't even think internal UHD drives are even on the market yet. Unless this SKU isn't coming out until 2017 it just seems unlikely to me. Especially if this is meant to stay relatively cheap in comparison to the Scorpio.

If the slim comes out without hdmi in, it'll be less attractive as i use my xbox to switch between cbl/apps/gaming without needing to fiddle with input sources on my avr.

:( please don't do this. i want to play 4k uhd, 4k content capable apps and use hdmi in for my cbl box.

my 4k tv is ready! more time with my p series is making me love it more and i cant wait to see it at it's full potental. :D

c0de

Right. But I don't even think internal UHD drives are even on the market yet. Unless this SKU isn't coming out until 2017 it just seems unlikely to me. Especially if this is meant to stay relatively cheap in comparison to the Scorpio.

apparently there are uhd drives, the player exists. also the specs are not that far away from a usual bd drive so I don't think it's a huge manufacturing problem. and when ordering a huge amount, price should also not be a big factor.

gamz

This will pump you up!!

http://gamingbolt.com/xbox-one-scorpio-is-us-returning-to-our-roots-says-microsofts-aaron-greenberg

Xbox One Scorpio Is Us Returning To Our Roots

“We’re building a beast,” he said.“It’s gonna be the most powerful console ever made, and as a guy who was here when we built the original Xbox, that being such a powerful box, and we pioneered with Xbox Live, and some of those innovative games, it really feels like we’re getting back to our roots. And I think the team here, we’re all gamers and we love what we do, and I’ve never seen the morale this high. People are fired up about what we’re delivering this year for our fans, and the vision of what we’re doing with Project Scorpio. It’s a pretty special time.”

Top Bottom