• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGaf OT-X | Confirmed: Mariah Carey is the Queen of PopGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

cory64

My album of the year so far, so full of 90s inspired bops. I can't stop listening to it!!!

iwYehyf2y49x8.png

Her name and logo are too similar to Kesha tbh

Bops: Hideaway, No Enemiez, Vietnam, Sound of a Woman, The Love, Giant in My Heart, Over Myself.
yaaaas stan

It's LOADED with bops

Vazduh

Idk, the only videogame soundtracks I enjoyed listening to while not playing were the Jet Set Radio soundtracks (especially the JSRF one).

Those Bayonetta tunes Nito posted remind me of the remixed Outrun 2: Coast 2 Coast tracks, i.e. they really add to the fun while you're playing the game, but on their own sound beyond cheesy.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Idk, the only videogame soundtracks I enjoyed listening to while not playing were the Jet Set Radio soundtracks (especially the JSRF one).

Those Bayonetta tunes Nito posted remind me of the remixed Outrun 2: Coast 2 Coast tracks, i.e. they really add to the fun while you're playing the game, but on their own sound beyond cheesy.
Amon Tobin's SC: Chaos Theory soundtrack though.

And Hotline: Miami.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Mau ®;136681795 said:
But when are you gonna voice your opinion on 1989? *.*
Whenever it goes up on Spotify? Which will be in about six years if it's anything like Red. 😤

Listened to a few 1989 songs, sort of getting the gist of what Taylor's trying to do with this new sound.

What I respect about Taylor is that she's a briliant songwriter, no one can deny that. She has a keen eye on hooks and melodies and it shows. My issue with her work is that she's just so so so incredibly vanilla. There's no spike in her drink, like she has zero edge in everything she makes. I love theatricality or at least some element of drama/danger in a pop song and she's just not that kind of singer. She and Katy Perry are in the exact same boat to me, especially now. Catchy hooks but I'm not really interested in the girl behind the curtain.

Bad Blood just sounds like a Katy Perry song, and that somehow makes the song's subject matter so much more poignant. lol

Why are we to assume he's only trying to "pander" to gay people and not just people who find him attractive in general? He has more female fans than gay male fans anyway. Seems like he's gunning for the female crowd while also advocating for young gay people and their own sensibilities. Not a bad thing.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Jonas Christ does have gay friends that told him to pander, but we must also remember that pop music is not ruled by self-centered gays. Share.

iOjpqjRFRoGjL.gif

Why are we to assume he's only trying to "pander" to gay people and not just people who find him attractive in general? He has more female fans than gay male fans anyway. Seems like he's gunning for the female crowd while also advocating for young gay people and their own sensibilities. Not a bad thing.

He went to a gay club and flashed his abs. He's most certainly pandering.

Well now I know he's pandering.

Lol what kind of drive-by

I have no interest in him or his music, I'm just curious about what constitutes as pandering and what constitutes otherwise. Is Taylor Swift pandering to gay people because she makes music they like? Like how systematic or obtuse does it have to be for it to be considered pandering? Or can everything just be chalked up to good business sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom