• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post New Pics of Yourself 2013 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroRay

simping? this is high-level I'm just sarging and adjusting my approach anxiety to full-close on my targets.

zbrjVxN.png

NinjaBoiX

my house is only clean because I have a clean freak mother who comes to visit and clean every weekend. and my cat is the spawn of satan, I swear
And all your pics are professionally shopped too right? You're actually hideously unattractive.

You're whole life is a lie.

Damn you isuzu!

ArynCrinn

Banned
My car, Shelby Supercharged
uJPwIDQ.jpg

PvYPXKZ.jpg

Here you obviously get a slight shot of our neighborhood too. But right now I'm having to keep the damn thing in the driveway because my wife's mom doesn't want her PT Cruiser getting wet. Unbelievable, but her mom is otherwise cool and I'm not up for arguments right now with family. I'm also ashamed of the back of my car so no pics of that, I get enough nerds honking at me to last me a life time.

On a off note, there are very few greater joys than outrunning cops at high speed. Weaving between traffic and cars, doing insane U-turns at cross sections, taking 45mph turnpikes at 75mph and leaving the mook in the dust feels...liberating and amazing all at once. My record now is 17-2. Guy's only caught me because I stopped and they noticed the sticker and license plate.

ArynCrinn

Banned
Is it GoT related? :p

She put a "I Drive Like A Cullen" sticker on the back of my car. After I got "pulled over" when my car broke down due to my timing belt a year or so ago going about 125 on the highway, which she thought was ironically hilarious. So she put that on. And I get Twilight nerds always giving me a thumbs up or something as they pass or honking at me...

Here's a couple pics of her, some I remember some too drunk.
vP311Uf.jpg

No idea who this lady is....

vVEJ8Vh.jpg

One of my favorite pics of her, used to have it on my cell.

JV68Io1.jpg

As a married guy, this is a expression you DO NOT want to see.

6catu5I.jpg

Don't remember this at all, but that's her Dad at the table, I'm probably the guy you barely see in the background. Probably drinking.

NQYA8FL.jpg

Party at a friend of ours house.

EfnulKS.jpg

Recent cell pic when we were at the Polka fest.

y1G2FFt.jpg

Cell pic in our bedroom. ;)

VrfJPbB.jpg

Recent pic from the Polka fest, our friend Kayla on the left and I forget the other girl's name.

K1lzmKa.jpg

Me and Ray takin' the women out to the range for some shootin'! Steph's best friend Kayla on the left.

So yeah, that's her, she's a handful but the most loyal and trustworthy person I know. One of the few people I really love.

Geido

So there's a site for all banned NeoGAF users where they talk about NeoGAF members?

I wanna say I'm surprised but I actually saw the exact same thing happen on a Dutch gamesite I was on. The amount of Adolf Hitler avatars there was bizarre.

Makes you think about the sociological and psychological effects of banishment.

So there's a site for all banned NeoGAF users where they talk about NeoGAF members?

I wanna say I'm surprised but I actually saw the exact same thing happen on a Dutch gamesite I was on. The amount of Adolf Hitler avatars there was bizarre.

Heh. For the most part, I'd rather not. But anyhow, I think the severity of the impact probably depends on where you're looking. As you noted, the existence of spinoffs or splinter sites isn't something exclusive to GAF. And some people that end up there probably are bitter people that are upset that they didn't fit in here. But I don't think that accounts for all membership.

What's the best aspect of GAF? Well, we could probably list off many items, but in the interest of not sounding we're up our own asses, I'll narrow it down to a succinct description like this: "we're a very active, heavily moderated forum that has a constant influx of new membership." Basically, though video game centric, you can find discussion in a myriad of topics in an environment where -- hopefully (if we notice) -- you don't get insulted. And there's always new people entering the mix to ensure that things don't die down as old members get banned or become less active.

What's the worst aspect of GAF for some people? Well, we're a very active, heavily moderated forum that has a constant influx of new membership. Some people prefer not having to fear the ban hammer from us anytime they say something that doesn't jive with the kind of tolerance that we try to foster here. Others just prefer having conversations with people they know and like(think about the person that prefers the hole in the wall tavern where everyone knows their name to crowded clubs), as opposed to having to deal with new people constantly that may not "get" them.

But that leaves "why the gossip/shit talking?" And though it's always regrettable when that kind of activity comes to light, it's also wholly predictable to me. Gossip is interesting, and people talk about stuff when there's common ground to relate to. Why do people gossip about celebrities, for instance? Well, it's because the people having the discussion all know who the person in question is and can thus form an opinion. There's a feeling of "knowing" them, so discussion about them is a common interest.

Anyhow, don't mind me. I've just been on the internet and forums for a long, long time and kind of had some opinions about the current tangent that was going on here. But the topic is probably better off just sticking with people posting pictures of themselves.

Heh. For the most part, I'd rather not. But anyhow, I think the severity of the impact probably depends on where you're looking. As you noted, the existence of spinoffs or splinter sites isn't something exclusive to GAF. And some people that end up there probably are bitter people that are upset that they didn't fit in here. But I don't think that accounts for all membership.

What's the best aspect of GAF? Well, we could probably list off many items, but in the interest of not sounding we're up our own asses, I'll narrow it down to a succinct description like this: "we're a very active, heavily moderated forum that has a constant influx of new membership." Basically, though video game centric, you can find discussion in a myriad of topics in an environment where -- hopefully (if we notice) -- you don't get insulted. And there's always new people entering the mix to ensure that things don't die down as old members get banned or become less active.

What's the worst aspect of GAF for some people? Well, we're a very active, heavily moderated forum that has a constant influx of new membership. Some people prefer not having to fear the ban hammer from us anytime they say something that doesn't jive with the kind of tolerance that we try to foster here. Others just prefer having conversations with people they know and like(think about the person that prefers the hole in the wall tavern where everyone knows their name to crowded clubs), as opposed to having to deal with new people constantly that may not "get" them.

But that leaves "why the gossip/shit talking?" And though it's always regrettable when that kind of activity comes to light, it's also wholly predictable to me. Gossip is interesting, and people talk about stuff when there's common ground to relate to. Why do people gossip about celebrities, for instance? Well, it's because the people having the discussion all know who the person in question is and can thus form an opinion. There's a feeling of "knowing" them, so discussion about them is a common interest.

Anyhow, don't mind me. I've just been on the internet and forums for a long, long time and kind of had some opinions about the current tangent that was going on here. But the topic is probably better off just sticking with people posting pictures of themselves.
all this trashtalking goes beyond a normal "discussion" though. I don't know, I've always been opposed to gossip and all that crap, never got the appeal of it. I never thought it's my business what other people wear, look like or generally do with their life. it's also always a huge turn-off when I meet people who are into it. guess it's always been a sign of a weak character to me (not saying it's true, just the way I feel). but if you have to do it, you can at least keep it on a "civil" level since most of us are adult and more or less intelligent human beings :p
just seems like a bunch of angry 13 year olds most of the time
anyway, enough off topic. maybe it's fun to discuss my rabbit teeth too
sabubcy1a.png

klklw1lsm.png

all this trashtalking goes beyond a normal "discussion" though. I don't know, I've always been opposed to gossip and all that crap, never got the appeal of it. I never thought it's my business what other people wear, look like or generally do with their life. it's also always a huge turn-off when I meet people who are into it. guess it's always been a sign of a weak character to me (not saying it's true, just the way I feel). but if you have to do it, you can at least keep it on a "civil" level since most of us are adult and more or less intelligent human beings :p
sabubcy1a.png

klklw1lsm.png

anxqgntf2sxj.gif

AcridMeat

Banned
I agree with most of what you said Steve Youngblood, though the reason for gossiping is a little different in this case.

I just want to know if acrid's beard is dreamier in real life than it looks on the internet. Because it's pretty dreamy-looking on the internet.
It's so soft and inviting.

You see it, you touch it.

Trab, back me up here.
It's even worse these days.

Somewhere secretmoblin is screaming.

Trab you finally posted smiling! It looks great. My front teeth take up the area of the two Dakotas combined, much worse of a rabbit.

(._.)

Banned

It lies beyond that. It's hilarious and a little sad but most move on from it and realize how silly they look once their age no longer holds a "teen" in it. Some unfortunately go through their change in their mid/late twenties, which is a little sad since those years are your prime and they're being spent on the internet/video games, etc. Everybody moves at their own pace though. It's fueled by a lack of positive interaction with people outside of the internet whether it be friends or intimacy or just contact with others. Being recognized and belonging outside of your focused interest. Oftentimes a lack of hobbies and interest, and social skills plays a part. Usually it's people who are unable to emotionally impact people in their life outside of the internet so they turn to message boards to gain that reinforcement of being in control. Making people feel things gives them an identity since they know they're being noticed, heard, and felt. Easiest way to do this is oftentimes by just cutting up, but the more desperate nerdy types can take it really far sometimes. Admittedly I've overstepped some boundaries before too a few years ago when I was still a bored teenager. Oftentimes it's people just like them so in a sense it's kinda funny cause it's trolls trolling other trolls. I'm a message board veteran, LOL. These people tend to be very insecure in real life and also have some form of autism like Asperger's Syndrome. Their interests tend to be very focused and they may only enjoy one or two things, anime, video games etc. Usually a lack of hobbies, interests and skills only adds to their dilemma. Most of them are actually really smart though but oftentimes not very motivated. A lot of us have gone through troll phases when we were younger but we tend to fully grow out of the "I called someone a naughty racist word on the internet I'm so edgy and funny XD" phase. I've been perm'd many of times from message boards I've really enjoyed. You realize why you care and it's oftentimes because you don't have much else to do to fill the time.

Roquentin

klklw1lsm.png

Well, you know, God - God doesn't care how big your teeth are. Yes, you could go to a dentist and you could, whoo - you could grind off about - I don't know - 30%. Maybe more. Yeah, I wouldn't miss it.

They're perfectly fine.

sabubcy1a.png

klklw1lsm.png

Finally, a proper smile! And it's perfect, I don't know what rabbit teeth are you talking about :)

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
It actually looks like you're wearing that top hat. That's some top notch photoshop. Well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom