• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Cafe Rumor Cafe [Weinerpoop Post 7513]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was just playing Corruption and it got me hyped for a new Metroid game from Retro. I want to see what they'd do with HD hardware. I love the Prime games.

Guevara

evilromero said:
Was just playing Corruption and it got me hyped for a new Metroid game from Retro. I want to see what they'd do with HD hardware. I love the Prime games.
The Prime games were unbelievable, still I'd prefer Retro work on something new. Preferably an action/adventure title. With the success of Donkey Kong I think they'll be on sequels for a while (unfortunately).

Caramello

evilromero said:

Retro only finished their last game 7 - 8 months ago...

Edit: My point is don't expect their next game at E3

MrMephistoX

Why must Nintendo pre-E3 threads always be filled with unfulfilled day dreams? That said here's hoping for a fully fledged Pokemon RPg ;)

I can't wait for a third party to reveal that they're releasing a port of (major HD title) for Cafe, and the first screenshots of it look like downgrades.

Caramello said:
Retro only finished their last game 7 - 8 months ago...

Edit: My point is don't expect their next game at E3
Keep in mind they had a teaser for Prime 2 the E3 after Prime was released. It's always possible they could do the same. Let's hope at least. Of course, I would LOVE anything from Retro but man, I really want Metroid on a new console.

Trurl

Banned
EmCeeGramr said:
I can't wait for a third party to reveal that they're releasing a port of (major HD title) for Cafe, and the first screenshots of it look like downgrades.
I can't wait for a spin off of Call of Duty that allows me to feel blood splatter through haptic feedback.

lunchwithyuzo said:
Konami? PES
Ubisoft? Tintin
SEGA? Sonic Generations
Square-Enix? FFXIV
Capcom? MVC3
EA? NFS
Activision? MW3
Nintendo? Pikmin 3

Was it intentional on your part that all the third-party titles here would be arriving months after their PS3 and 360 counterparts, and would be all but guaranteed to flop as a result?

Codeblue

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
I think there's a good chance they will have something at the show in a few days.

I'm not sure with Nintendo's policy of not talking about some games until we're a few months out from release.

dankir

I cannot believe there hasn't been a real leak... what the fuck is this shit.

Hell the PS3 and Xbox360 console shots were leaked before the conferences.

COME ON INTERNETS?!~?@!?@?!

dankir said:

That shit is in a metal briefcase handcuffed to Iwata's arm and only HE has the key.

I can't wait for the entire conference to come and go and then at the end they reveal that they've decided not to show everything yet, so there's a name, logo, and render of the console, with details on the controller and any games for it "coming soon."

The wii gets a lot of flack for not having a good online system, and the lack of trophies is frequently cited as a problem. But imagine if Nintendo found a way to completely get rid of trophies, and have something even better in their place.

I would imagine people like trophies for two reasons. They symbolize an achievement, and they allow you to compare how you and your friends are doing in particular games. Well, Nintendo has stated that they don't like the idea of an icon popping up in the middle of a game, breaking immersion, and there are other ways of symbolizing success in-game, like with save data, racing and match rankings, and item collections. Gamers do not really need the extra trophy telling them they've done something when they already have that sense of accomplishment by simply playing the game. So I believe Nintendo thinks they have this item covered.

As for the second, what if Nintendo has come up with something completely new? For example, take the wii/3ds channels. Imagine, instead of YOUR games in those windows, you saw your friends' games. Click on a window, and you can watch your friend, in real-time, race in Mario Kart or fighting a boss in the next Zelda game. Maybe it has a picture or video of their face in the corner, streamed from the camera on the front of the controller. It could have a list of accomplishments and stats specific to that game. What if you could just click on the image and jump right into the game with them? You could take over a character in Mario Kart, challenge a Street Fighter character arcade-style, or have a Mario Galaxy-style pointer that could help them stun enemies or get hard-to-reach coins. This could be an intuitive and unique way of keeping track of your friends' progress without having trophies.

I'm not expecting something like this on Tuesday, but I would love it if Nintendo or another company in the future implemented something similar. I'm also sort of expecting that Nintendo has thought about what purposes trophies serve, and has implemented a solution that feels more like Nintendo. Unless they caved to the developers when they said they wanted to do ports and kept things simple...

mj1108

dankir said:

Nintendo's Ninjas at work. They're the finest in the industry.

Charoncaori said:
The wii gets a lot of flack for not having a good online system, and the lack of trophies is frequently cited as a problem.

Nintendo has a lot of serious problems with their online, but the lack of an achievement system isn't one of them.

Trurl

Banned
EmCeeGramr said:
I can't wait for the entire conference to come and go and then at the end they reveal that they've decided not to show everything yet, so there's a name, logo, and render of the console, with details on the controller and any games for it "coming soon."
A render of the console would be nice. I'm hoping for a return to the design philosophy of the Gamecube. Utilitarian and fun.

(seriously, the Gamecube probably has my favorite design of any console ever. At least any Nintendo console.)

InsaneZero said:
Nintendo has a lot of serious problems with their online, but the lack of an achievement system isn't one of them.
I completely agree with you, but I've heard a ton of complaints lately that people won't want to switch to a third system because they already have all kinds of trophies and stuff on their 360/ps3.

Father_Brain said:
Was it intentional on your part that all the third-party titles here would be arriving months after their PS3 and 360 counterparts, and would be all but guaranteed to flop as a result?
I think it's intentional on the industry's part. Prepare for ports.

Kard8p3

So more often than not Nintendo make some kind of announcement the day before their conference. If they do so this year what do you think it'll be? I'm thinking maybe the official name of project cafe.

ivysaur12

Banned
Kard8p3 said:
So more often than not Nintendo make some kind of announcement the day before their conference. If they do so this year what do you think it'll be? I'm thinking maybe the official name of project cafe.

What has it been in past years, just to get context for more wild speculation in my brain?

Krowley

Kard8p3 said:

I think we'll get a picture of the controller and console monday. I know it's a bit much, but it would be a great way to steal thunder from sony and MS.... also, they have games to show on Tuesday, so they won't really be blowing their wad by showing some pictures.

mj1108

Kard8p3 said:

I don't remember them doing it last year but I think it was 2 years ago they had announced something the day before to piss in Microsoft and Sony's Cheerios, but don't recall what it was? Was it WM+?

Kard8p3

mj1108 said:
I don't remember them doing it last year but I think it was 2 years ago they had announced something the day before to piss in Microsoft and Sony's Cheerios, but don't recall what it was? Was it WM+?

Yeah in 2008 there were alot of rumor that Microsoft was going to show off a new motion controller so before the conference started Nintendo announced WM+.

mj1108

Messing around on Google, it's obvious where Nintendo is hiding the Cafe info on their Wario World dev site:
(picture is NOT Photoshopped...if you do the same search make sure you click on "repeat the search with the omitted results included" after you do the initial search)
gfFhOl.jpg

Poyunch

Is that how Reggie or Iwata reveals the new Cafe? They walk on stage and out of nowhere they pull out Cafe revealing it was keistered inside one of them the whole time. Is that how it's gonna happen? Huh?

Krowley

PounchEnvy said:
Is that how Reggie or Iwata reveals the new Cafe? They walk on stage and out of nowhere they pull out Cafe revealing it was keistered inside one of them the whole time. Is that how it's gonna happen? Huh?

But it is supposed to be the size of a 360.

The M.O.B

PounchEnvy said:

reggie-fils-aime.jpg

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
mj1108 said:
Messing around on Google, it's obvious where Nintendo is hiding the Cafe info on their Wario World dev site:
(picture is NOT Photoshopped...if you do the same search make sure you click on "repeat the search with the omitted results included" after you do the initial search)
I didn't believe you but then I tried it for myself.

Instro

mj1108 said:
gfFhOl.jpg

Catchy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom