• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Cafe Rumor Cafe [Weinerpoop Post 7513]

Status
Not open for further replies.
MYE said:
Nothing new?

Goddamn them Nintendo ninjas are good

ninja.png

MYE

Bert said:
So it's like you hold a button to change camera? Seems unwieldy compared to dual analogue.

Works like Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask on the N64. In open areas, the camera always follows Link from behind unless you do a sharp turn. Then you either wait for it to slowly recenter or hit the Z-trigger to quiclky snap to back-view.

Bert said:
Thanks for the info, I just couldn't imagine it feeling right to control the camera with the pointer.

It works great.

Daschysta

Medalion said:
Maybe there was stuff leaked but it's too dissapointing to share? :/

Are you kidding? People enjoy being stormcrows of letdowns even more than passing along happy news. Remember the massive meltdown once people got wind of wii specs?

Medalion said:
Maybe there was stuff leaked but it's too dissapointing to share? :/

Are you kidding? If it was disappointing stuff, it would be leaked even faster. That would guarantee lots of hits for sites.

SolarPowered said:
Jesus Christ the MS conference was bad. This is Nintendo's chance to inflict Soviet damage on their asses.

They better take it!

They took it last year when the same thing happened.
And with a new console that is less waggle focused, you can bet that we'll see some awesome stuff.

Diglet

Neo Member
Im expecting a $300 pricepoint.
Better graphics than the 360 or ps3.
none of that touchscreen controllers though, way to fragile

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Diglet said:
Im expecting a $300 pricepoint.
Better graphics than the 360 or ps3.
none of that touchscreen controllers though, way to fragile

Touchscreen controllers were already confirmed by Nikkei, a Japanese technology news outlet.

It's happening.

dwu8991

Banned
AceBandage said:
They took it last year when the same thing happened.
And with a new console that is less waggle focused, you can bet that we'll see some awesome stuff.

Next year will be the same thing I bet!

Baki said:
Cafe is Nintendos weird way of responding to Apple's casual app market.

Nintendo has been doing Apps this whole generation, though.
I doubt the Cafe is meant to compete in any way with the AppStore.
Rather, it's meant to be something that people are familiar with.
Much in the same way that WiiSports and the WiiRemote were familiar to people because you could play the game like you did in real life, tablets and touchscreens have become such a big part of our daily lives that a large tablet like game controller only seems natural.

GDGF

Soothsayer
I hope Nintendo stays sealed tight until tomorrow. Advanced leaks (among other things) ruined the Microsoft conference. I don't want Nintendo's going the same way.

Baki

AceBandage said:
Nintendo has been doing Apps this whole generation, though.
I doubt the Cafe is meant to compete in any way with the AppStore.
Rather, it's meant to be something that people are familiar with.
Much in the same way that WiiSports and the WiiRemote were familiar to people because you could play the game like you did in real life, tablets and touchscreens have become such a big part of our daily lives that a large tablet like game controller only seems natural.

Not with app store - but a grab at that audience. The Facebook/Apple generation.

which1spink said:
Nintendo's press conference starts in about 5 hours, right?

More like 17.

Baki said:
Not with app store - but a grab at that audience. The Facebook/Apple generation.

Hmmm, kind of. But also not exactly. It will be focuses much more on social gaming, yes. Though, I dunno if it'll fully appeal to the Farmville crowd.

antonz

GDGF said:
I hope Nintendo stays sealed tight until tomorrow. Advanced links (among other things) ruined the Microsoft conference. I don't want Nintendo's going the same way.
I think a big factor is in the media they talk to. Like Forbes spoiled the God of War thing for Sony tonight. USA Today has had a habit of spoiling Nintendo stuff but depending on how hands off Nintendo has been people who have seen cafe outside the industry may be very tiny

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
GDGF said:
I hope Nintendo stays sealed tight until tomorrow. Advanced links (among other things) ruined the Microsoft conference. I don't want Nintendo's going the same way.
Same here.

Halo 4's reveal would've been great if I hadn't known about it in advance.

Medalion

Banned
worldrunover said:
I think 2004 was the last Nintendo E3 to live up to the hype. Somehow, I think this one will. I guess we'll see soon enough...
It will live up to some person's hype I'm sure, but the majority of GAF? Who's to say...

worldrunover said:
I think 2004 was the last Nintendo E3 to live up to the hype. Somehow, I think this one will. I guess we'll see soon enough...

Huh?
2006 and 2010 were both awesome and easily beat the hype.

worldrunover said:

E3 2004 of course had the big Zelda for GameCube reveal.

I hope Nintendo's E3 2011 blows that away.

Baki

AceBandage said:
More like 17.

Hmmm, kind of. But also not exactly. It will be focuses much more on social gaming, yes. Though, I dunno if it'll fully appeal to the Farmville crowd.

Lol, why else would they make a tablet controller.

My only fear for the Cafe are the controller prices, I expect close ~$100USD per controller. :/

worldrunover said:

2006 and 2010 were awesome. If it goes by what they started doing at e3 2010, learning from their horrible previous years, I think this one is going to kick ass.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
At my new job there is a TV in the ground floor lobby showing CNN. I wonder if the security men would be cool about switching it to G4tv for the Nintendo presser?

Gahiggidy said:
At my new job there is a TV in the ground floor lobby showing CNN. I wonder if the security men would be cool about switching it to G4tv for the Nintendo presser?

Hey, security guys love Mario too.

Dystify

Truth101 said:
It will be amazing when
if
this is shown at Nintendo's conference tomorrow.

Wasn't it also in one of those 4chan game list leaks, or am I remembering wrong?
As I just said in the BG&E2 topic; if it was on Nintendo's conference tomorrow I doubt they would've released this statement today.

I really do hope to be wrong though.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
AceBandage said:
Hey, security guys love Mario too.
I dunno, but these are the kind that man metal detectors.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I really enjoyed this tweet after the MS conference was done.

It's not easy to prepare a smooth #NintE3ndo presentation, but we enjoy it. Now Mr. Miyamoto is changing his script again! #IwataSays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom