• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Cafe Rumor Cafe [Weinerpoop Post 7513]

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
richisawesome said:
Wasn't it at Microsoft...?

Nope. I saw a thing on GTTV that said they are holding a private 30 mintue demo walkthrough though so probably not at the Nintendo conference.

starmud

im kinda impressed that the only substantial hints i've seen have been models on facebook posting about their outfits and 3d nintendos

Deadly Joker said:
Wait, has anyone noticed we haven't seen Skyrim at any press conference?

Maybe tomorrow??

It hasn't been at any conferences but Todd was on Game Trailers and showed a several minute demo of it.

Nlroh

E3 Bear is on the tree!

That drawing just reminded me that I'm not really that hyped about Cafe...
If Skyrim is really going to be on the Nintendo conference,well I suppose that's a pretty bold statement from Nintendo (in terms of relationships with 3rd parties).

I imagine the conference will start something like this:

Reggie walks onto stage, "As you all have heard by now, we here at Nintendo are launching our new, HD-capable conso-ajpobijpq8aojweopigr ERROR CODE 1228: Please visit support.nintendo.com

Antagon

So, wondering how much time Nintendo is going to be spending on each system during the conference. For Wii they're probably going to show Skyward Sword, Xenogears and The Last Story. Maybe a teaser of DQX if that is still underway?

Then theres probably a decent chunk of time for the 3DS.

And finally the complete E3 meltdown for Cafe with announcements of GTAV, BGE2, StarTropics, Mario Cafe, Metroid Cafe, SSB cafe, Pikmin 3, DKCR2, NSMB Cafe and ME3 Trilogy and Skyrim, all in 4320p 240 fps 6D!

Medalion

Banned
Persona7 said:
Did I miss something or do we know absolutely DICK about Skyward Sword?
Its not just u...this is the quietest release for a Zelda For a home console ever...a lot of people are polarized by the art style and motion controls so far

What order do you guys think the systems will be presented in? Is Nintendo going to save wii 2 for last or will it go first? 8 more hours!!!!!!!!!!

Persona7

Banned
Medalion said:
Its not just u...this is the quietest release for a Zelda For a home console ever...a lot of people are polarized by the art style and motion controls so far
It is pretty weird...

I guess we'll see tomorrow.

Diffense

The conference will probably be delayed but I guess I'll be back here at 11:30 EDT.
Sleep tight and don't let the Gohmas bite.

Antagon said:
And finally the complete E3 meltdown for Cafe without any announcements of GTAV, BGE2, StarTropics, Mario Cafe, Metroid Cafe, SSB cafe, Pikmin 3, DKCR2, NSMB Cafe and ME3 Trilogy and Skyrim, all in 4320p 240 fps 6D!
fixed

mr_nothin

Banned
Cross posting...

You know what?
Watching the Giant Bomb podcast just now, has made me realize just how much everybody set up for Nintendo to just completely WOW everybody later on today. Everybody's so fatigued on shooters and QTEs and rail sequences.....that when Nintendo comes out with their platformers and adventure games, everyone is just going to goggle it up (including me).

Just take the Rayman demo and the reception that had. It seemed soooo fresh when it really wasnt. It's just fresh when you consider what type of games we have today.

Expect Nintendo to WOW later on today, no matter what they do and no matter how much more powerful their new system is. Everything is going to seem like a breathe of fresh air in our current post-apocalyptic state of the industry.

Duderz

Banned
Heading for bed, but first, my predictions:

-Open with Super Mario 3DS

-Graphs and sales for 3DS "storming" out of the gate

-Kid Icarus: Uprising, or unknown 1st party 3DS game

-Montage of 3DS games, including Mario Kart, MGS3, Resident Evil, Paper Mario, and new Nintendo games like Fire Emblem, Wario Ware, and something else involving Miis.

-The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is shown, finally gets a full reveal and a decent trailer.

-Wii figures tossed, shown briefly, with games that will round out the rest of the year for the system such as Wii Party 2, and....that's about it. Xenoblade and The Last Story will be revealed on their website after the conference.

-Project Cafe rounds out the show, mostly tech demos, including Pikmin, the next evolution of Wii Relax, and a new Mario. No Zelda for Cafe. Once again, little to no third party support outside of expected titles (i.e. yearly updates).

And that will do it. I'm trying to keep my expectations in check. We'll see what happens, see you all tomorrow. :)

Medalion said:

I think some people are just done with the Wii, and this new console is overshadowing Skyward Sword. Mix that with the art style criticism, and the meh live showings, and yeah, hype on SS is lower than normal for a new console Zelda.

Honestly, I think they should've just stopped development until the Cafe specs were locked, resumed working on it as a Cafe title, and launch Cafe with a crazy new Zelda project. Leaving it as a Wii project was a mistake IMO.

goomba

Banned
Its extra frustrating waiting for this conference when in my time zone
It's late! It's 8:16 pm on Tuesday here in New Zealand !

I don't get complaints about Skyward Sword's artstyle. I think it looks brilliant.

Problem is it's a Wii game with a high emphasis on motion controls. I'm done with Wii. I can't even imagine playing another game on it.

goomba said:
Its extra frustrating waiting for this conference when in my time zone
It's late! It's 8:16 pm on Tuesday here in New Zealand !

4am is nothing, it will be over by 6am and you'll be able to get some rest as long as you don't have anything to do wednesday.

Well, I'm off to bed. I expect to be disappointed in a lack of pointer controls tomorrow. I hope the awesome first-party announcements will raise my hype levels to counteract this. Night all, see you in 7 hours.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Aaron Strife said:
i'd rather have BG&E2 than GTAV

also did someone say they're not gonna show Skyward Sword on stage hahahahah what

Can you blame em from last year ? >_<

Normally the mere prospect of a new Zelda trailer would set the internet ablaze. But I think Nintendo has purposely kept the hype for SS in check what with the lack of a story trailer. So far, It's worked :p
Going straight into a live demo last year was weird.

Im hoping it really impresses tomorrow.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Nintendo needs to make up for last year with Skyward Sword. I'm hoping they'll be able to. I would like them to open with it again.

I need to get a little rest, but I'll be around. Hoping for the best. See you all in a few hours, unless I decide to get up again to check GAF ^___^

CassSept

-COOLIO- said:
IM AT LEVEL 9. IM FISTING MY BUTT

IT HURTS SO GOOD

NIIIIIIIIINTEEEEEEEEENDDDDOOOOOOO
For a second here I thought I was reading a Thunder Monkey post.

But goddammit. 7.5 hours left. Jesus Christ. I have to study but I can't. I'm overhyped to schizophrenia levels. I can't remember the last time I was that hyped. I feel like I'm going insane.

CassSept said:
For a second here I thought I was reading a Thunder Monkey post.

But goddammit. 7.5 hours left. Jesus Christ. I have to study but I can't. I'm overhyped to schizophrenia levels. I can't remember the last time I was that hyped. I feel like I'm going insane.
I never go for the full fist.

I usually warm up the act with a few fingers and some KY first.

Net_Wrecker said:
I think some people are just done with the Wii, and this new console is overshadowing Skyward Sword. Mix that with the art style criticism, and the meh live showings, and yeah, hype on SS is lower than normal for a new console Zelda.

Honestly, I think they should've just stopped development until the Cafe specs were locked, resumed working on it as a Cafe title, and launch Cafe with a crazy new Zelda project. Leaving it as a Wii project was a mistake IMO.

That would be the stupidest thing they could do. Not to mention SS will do well sales wise anyway. The people who are "done" with the Wii and won't play SS as a result are the minority.

Gravijah

Sadist said:
Ah crap, I'm still bummed out about missing this.

Whatever reason you have for missing it is not good enough. Call out of work. Call out of school. Kill your wife/girlfriend/children.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom