• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project GAF Inn - $5,000 for a mark in Obsidian's Project Eternity [FUNDED!]

DTKT

If I remember correctly, the RPG troll is actually an image that Avellone drew for the RPG Codex forum. They adopted it as the official "mascot" for the community.

Daq1x.png

You have fallen victim to the not reading your own thread thing. Look a few posts up.

Just a hand drawn sketch of a custom troll.

As your punishment:

Guys, I think it is really great that you got all the money together, but lulz the inn has been sold out for weeks. So what now?

LOL!! No I saw that but I thought I'm missing something. I even saw his picture as a chef so I thought the entire Kickstarter starte trolling in the latest update.

EDIT: I'm going to shoot him a message and see what he comes up with. GAF needs a mascot too!

(Unless bishoptl is the "mascot" and we can have a custom portrait of him! :p)

Lancehead

Perhaps the digital copy can be emailed to all those who contributed to the Inn. The physical copy can be kept by the biggest donor.

Just putting my thoughts out there.

Perhaps the digital copy can be emailed to all those who contributed to the Inn. The physical copy can be kept by the biggest donor.

Just putting my thoughts out there.

So you're saying that I'm keeping the physical copy? :p

Whatever Obsidian decides, we'll take it from there. I wouldn't mind doing that though if necessary! D:

Lancehead

So you're saying that I'm keeping the physical copy? :p

Whatever Obsidian decides, we'll take it from there.

Sure, why not. Although, I think there was another who contributed $500?

But yeah, let's get a confirmation from Obsidian that we can get the portrait first.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
I love the idea of a waiting time for the player before he can become a full-fledged member of the tavern/inn, that is determined a little bit randomly (unless you bribe the owner of the inn, Tyler von Lore ;).)
I like this.

One cameo I'd personally like to see:
uTXf4.png

;p

If this is true, the Trolls will only be for the $750 tier:

Julius.small
Raedwulf, Grave Robber of Obsidian Order 7 minutes ago

@Inquisitor Apollyon, @all

The troll is NOT included in the $ 1000 + tiers. Just got a response from Feargus:

We need to clarify the text, but we can't right now because Kickstarter has turned off the editing of updates for some reason. We are trying to find out why.

For the Avellone troll, he can only do so many - so we just have it at the $750 tier. Apologies.

As soon as we can get the info up officially we will. At the very least, we will clarify in the update tomorrow.

Mista Koo

Congrats guys. Can I still suggest ideas if I didn't pay anything :3? (I was going to.. kinda.)

I liked the idea of the inn being split in half. Maybe it could be two stories, with a guy at the tavern downstairs asking for beds and a guy at the inn upstairs searching for booze :p

Picture over the fireplace of a horse and wagon going over a hill at sunset.
Why not a dragon/pterodactyl/falcon?

Also I think this meme as a painting would be enough as far as memes go.

Violet_0

Banned
even though I haven't donated, I'm still excited to follow this project and see what comes out of it

but wow, at least 2 years though - that's tough

F!ReW!Re

So will there be a new topic about the actual design/ideas for the inn or are we keeping it in here?

Cause to be honest I'm bursting with ideas ;-)

So will there be a new topic about the actual design/ideas for the inn or are we keeping it in here?

Cause to be honest I'm bursting with ideas ;-)

There's going to be a new thread once the Kickstarter's over.

Meanwhile, in the Comments Section:

Obsidian Entertainment 26 minutes ago said:
@Tech The troll picture is at the $750. We are talking about also throwing in at $5k + and having and add-on for between $750 and $5K. We probably made everything too complicated. :)

I think we'll just have to wait for Obsidian to sort themselves out on this one :p

A lot of people have PM-ed me asking to pledge for this: I've decided to accept donations till the end of pledge. it'll help cover the currency conversion cost.

Click here to do so, and thank you all for being so enthusiastic!

Mista Koo

Not much but done :) (Imagine me in arabmoney.gif throwing you only one bill.)

Also what conversion? I was only able to pay in dollars. Never mind.

Munin

Can I somehow choose to not have this in my game? I don't want a bunch of nerdy meta jokes ruining my experience. Will Obsidian have some say over what actually gets into the game, or do they give free reign?

No offense. Still happy for everyone who pledged for this. Just not my thing.

RJT

Can I somehow choose to not have this in my game? I don't want a bunch of nerdy meta jokes ruining my experience. Will Obsidian have some say over what actually gets into the game, or do they give free reign?

You can choose not to enter the Inn. You know, the one with the GAF logo on it... I'm pretty sure custom stuff won't be necessary for the main campaign...

Darryl

Banned

its probably a very small bit of entirely optional content that you would've never noticed had you not seen this

Durante

Fucking nerds ruining my isometric fantasy RPG.

I see where you are coming from, I just found the choice of words amusing

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Well that's that, I'm pretty much going to have to check this game out now just to see what you guys come up with.

Corto

No. GAF inn will be the first unskippable dungeon. You can send 10000 buckaroos to Obsidian though to have them send you a cheat code to skip it. Or cupcakes...

PaulLFC

Er, walk past it instead of going inside, maybe?

Lusankya

Don't worry, Obsidian added the magic part "within reason" to these reward tiers. So the NeoGAF Inn won't be something like an inflatable penis with pictures of famous Gafers hanging on every wall.

Mista Koo

Er, walk past it instead of going inside, maybe?
Good point. Lets make it look so jarring from the outside as to ruin his experience forever.

It will have a huge neon logo with these bat-signal like lights displaying the GAF logo in the skies everywhere.
Maybe even signs in every town directing you to "NeoGAF's Bed and Breakfast"? Nah, I don't think they would allow this.

Labadal

Everything goes through Obsidian, you guys don't have to worry.

I still think it should be called The Gambler and The Fighter. It should be run by Neo Sr. and Neo Jr.

They left their gambling and fighting days to start an inn, because their earlier professions got them into to much trouble. All patrons should be wierdos that avoid sunlight and complain about everything.

Mikeside

Has anyone suggested a lonely, washed up bard giving out a quest to help him write an epic crown of sonnets for the girl he's obsessed with?

Gozan

The inn should have a secret brothel basement. The password for getting in there is "I want to behuhu the rub hive." The password can be found on the gravestone in a nearby cemetery.

There are no whores there, though, just men complaining they can't get girls

Has anyone suggested a lonely, washed up bard giving out a quest to help him write an epic crown of sonnets for the girl he's obsessed with?

Dialogue options will include trying to persuade him to not write the sonnets (which will fail no matter what your stats are) or choosing a few different lines /selecting your favourite sonnet for him to give her. There will also be a quest from the girl asking you to get rid off this obsessive bard.

Just to chip in my own two cents:

I'm all for the inn to have a pretty hard dungeon beneath it (sort of like the inn in Neverwinter Nights), that the innkeeper (dangerous fellow) takes care of and fills with strong, big monsters - anyone who remembers the epic battles in IWD2 with Chahopek, Iyachtu Xvim, and those 7 dead adventurers knows what I am talking about.

I'd also love to have a couple of interesting quests available from inside the inn.

I'm all for the inn to have a pretty hard dungeon beneath it (sort of like the inn in Neverwinter Nights), that the innkeeper (dangerous fellow) takes care of and fills with strong, big monsters - anyone who remembers the epic battles in IWD2 with Chahopek, Iyachtu Xvim, and those 7 dead adventurers knows what I am talking about.

I'd also love to have a couple of interesting quests available from inside the inn.

Either that or a possum colony (or a more, for Project Eternity, appropriate animal).

Zeliard

Stuff like this is the direction this should head in. Cool suggestions directly from GAF that can be universally-appreciated will make it an appropriate-enough "GAF inn." Design the place as you might if you were designing a game for everyone.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Stuff like this is the direction this should head in. Cool suggestions directly from GAF that can be universally-appreciated will make it an appropriate-enough "GAF inn." Design the place as you might if you were designing a game for everyone.
Agreed.

A lot of people have PM-ed me asking to pledge for this: I've decided to accept donations till the end of pledge. it'll help cover the currency conversion cost.

Click here to do so, and thank you all for being so enthusiastic!

Threw in $5.00. I meant to earlier but spaced on it. Way to go everyone!

Top Bottom