• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ Games no longer tied to subscription(Keep them forever) - EU - Probable Error

jcm

Here's my purchases from today, on the US store.

gldbq5a.png

Ashler

Well with the mandatory PS+ for online PS4 MP, I guess they figured people would keep renewing it anyway.

Still a nice gesture for PS3 and Vita owners, if true.

Pudge

No way. This is just a repeat of when they allowed all the PS1 and PSP games to be played on Vita for a week. It's a firmware bug that they will squash.

Iorv3th

I thought this was maybe some bug they had with cross buy games? I swear we had a thread about it before or something. It may have been something else though

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
What happens if you let your PS+ lapse for a few months? Do you get to re-download play the games when you get PS+ back or does it reset your licenses completely?

Khrno

What happens if you let your PS+ lapse for a few months? Do you get to re-download play the games when you get PS+ back or does it reset your licenses completely?

Yeah, they remain on your (inactive) PS+ account. You won't lose them unless the account gets deleted.

nah as soon as you renew all your games you had before are there.

unless you personally delete them from your console they are always there waiting ( then you have to redownload, but still free )

Pudge

You keep the licenses on your account, but they're only good when you're a subscriber. So you can lapse for a few months and come back and play the games again.

halfbeast

Banned
checked my purchase history (us account) and they have an expiration date.

...except Don't Starve Giant Edition! :O what's up with that? (I never bought the game in a sale or something, never had any interest in it)

pr0cs

considering how wacky PSN has been acting I suspect the page just didn't update properly for the OP. The games expire and cannot be launched once your PS+ membership expires.

WITHE1982

Says the same when buying this months PS+ games on the Vita:

PS Vita Store said:
If you're a Playstation Plus member, you can download this item at no extra cost and keep it forever.

Seems a bit too coincidental to be a mistake. I can imagine not giving expiry dates on the web store being a mistake but to accidentally publish the above sentence as well seems a bit far fetched.

Fantastic if true. I wish it would apply to past PS+ purchases.

Danlord

checked my purchase history (us account) and they have an expiration date.

...except Don't Starve Giant Edition! :O what's up with that? (I never bought the game in a sale or something, never had any interest in it)

If you "bought" Don't Starve: Console Edition for PS4 via Plus you get the Giant Edition for Vita for free via Cross-buy.

SerTapTap

I noticed this months games seemed different somehow while downloading them/how they looked in my download list. I'm fine with the service as-is, but this is amazing if true.

Just checked the UK store:

Super interesting.

Holy shit that's looking less like a mistake.

MUnited83

For you.
considering how wacky PSN has been acting I suspect the page just didn't update properly for the OP. The games expire and cannot be launched once your PS+ membership expires.

Oh, they don't expire. Once they are on my purchase history with no expiry date associated that will not change. I'm 100% I will be keeping these ones forever without issues at all.

This months games will probably be ours to keep to celebrate the first year anniversary and the other games showing up as free is a bug.

Dantis

yup. it's probably a mistake

Did you see my photo? That doesn't look like a mistake.

great tip for future use PS button + start takes a screenshot so we don't have to suffer photo screens from the vita

Oh I know, it's just much easier to get pictures from my iPhone to here than it is from my Vita to here.

Yet #5 in the list shown does say "until your PS+ subscription expires" which is a bit contradictory.

Hadn't noticed that. Not sure what to think, then.

Top Bottom