• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS+ Games no longer tied to subscription(Keep them forever) - EU - Probable Error

UK here and NOT working for me :( They all have the expiry date, maybe I bought them too soon

edit: confirmed not working for me so it looks like a temperamental glitch .

I'M AN IDIOT I HAVEN'T GOT THIS MONTHS GAMES YET. I downloaded last month's this morning, I'll have to try..

SerTapTap

this.

it's the difference between a REAL ownership in a all-digital future and a future in which you get to play games you paid for as long as the service provide is still around.

Ehhhh, how so? You can still outright buy the games digitally if you want to own them forever. This is strictly value-add for the PS+ service, not a change in the core of digital ownership.

If true, I hope it forces Microsoft to follow.

Would be cool. Though I think part of their excuse for (360) GwG being "worse" than PS+ was that you owned them forever, so they probably went to the "indefinite rental" model to make publisher deals easier for them.

Too good to be true, it's an error. PSN is full of errors remember.

That "buy with PS+ and keep forever" is a change of wording and VERY specific for an error

Paganmoon

The wording is:

If you are Playstation Plus Member, you can download this item and keep it forever.

I'm thinking it can be just very poorly worded way of saying "you'll keep it forever (if you're a Playstation Plus Member)".

Keep hype low until they say something officially.

Hugstable

Banned
Too good to be true, it's an error. PSN is full of errors remember.

lol remember that day they accidently opened the flood gates and alot of the missing PSP and PS1 Classics were purchasable and downloadable to Vita. Fun times lol. This feels alot like then, and with no official annoucement, I just don't see Sony releasing something like this without talking it up first.

Not happening. Be reasonable for a minute, think about how many games PsPlus gives away. You expect to keep those without paying a monthly fee? Forget it.

A glitch? Someone accidentally removed the expiry date and put in the description that you get to keep it forever is a glitch?

Yeah.

Someone listed the game as a service, and the way services work is they are only able to be kept forever. You cannot give them an expiry date.

Thats why I got Killizone for 84p early this year. Someone listed the full game as a service instead of the emblem DLC and I got to download the full game.

Side note, I think quite possibly have got Dead or alive 5 Plus free as well. I only downloaded the demo but it has been pulled from the store. Its now saying I own the full game. Don't have my Vita to hand to check though.

nictron

4116093703_7721657122.jpg

Acidote

Apparently I don't have an expiry date on Spelunky either, and I grabbed it at a later date than the rest of October games, coincidentally the first of November:

N1oOEoT.png

Spanish store.

WITHE1982

Just checked the information section on a few of my Vita ps+ games and all the older titles (Guacamelee etc...) have an expiry date yet the new ones downloaded today do not.

Curiouser and curiouser.

wiibomb

there are still expiration dates on my just made PS+ purchases, so no.. its may be a glitch from that store

too good to be true I guess...

No chance there isn't a glitch. Sony is nowhere near THAT generous. And if they were they would have hyped it to hell and back.

VinFTW

I don't mean to be too harsh, but I really wish people would think twice before posting thread titles.

There's gonna be a lot of damage if (when) this is confirmed to be false. Always, always, always make sure it's officially confirmed before throwing up definitive statements.

Anyways, looks like a play on words or a glitch. Wouldn't make sense for Sony to make this move, especially in such a calm fashion considering its a bomb shell.

Aces&Eights

It doesn't make any sense for them to do this. No one would ever buy games if that was the case, most would just wait for them to be free on PS+.

Not necessarily. I am not going to not play Fallout 4 for 2 years just to wait for it to come out free on Plus. Bloodborne, either. Or Uncharted 4.

EDIT: My theory: Sony might be doing a "holiday promo" where all games you download from PS Plus for Nov/Dec are yours to keep forever. It would bring in a ton of new subs and be a good strategy going in to the holidays.

just dont expect sony to be this nice

i remember Sony updated the PS+ policy couple of weeks ago: the plus games wont be available after a period of time once the plus subscription is stopped

meaning you wont be able to re-download previous plus games even if you buy the plus again in future if you do not subscribe to plus for a period of time

ZeroX03

Banned
I have both US and European Plus subscriptions.

My newly added European titles are not showing expiry dates. My US titles are.

As an aside, my European subscription actually ends tomorrow so I should be able to check if they still work afterward. Though I see no reason why they shouldn't.

I'll echo the "too good to be true" comments. I can't believe Sony would give up the leverage for current subscribers to keep their accounts active year to year.

Dambrosi

Banned
Oh

Oh shit

Total game changer

If true, and not a glitch.

Fingers crossed.

I'll echo the "too good to be true" comments. I can't believe Sony would give up the leverage for current subscribers to keep their accounts active year to year.
...unless they were planning to phase out PS3 IGC in the next year, and didn't want to leave current PS3 owners out in the cold? Maybe?

Aces&Eights

I still have expiration on my US account with PS+

When did you download the games? This month or before? I am seriously thinking this might be a holiday promotion. If so, this is huge. Let us keep all games from Nov/Dec forever to lure in people to PS Plus over the holidays.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Too good to be true.

JP

Really don't see it being true, unfortunately. Thinking about it though, if this was true it wouldn't mean that I'd stop subscribing to Plus because the games were mine, it's something that would keep me subscribed to it so that I keep getting new stuff. When I first thought about it it was "Why the hell would I continue to subscribe?" but then it was "Well, why the hell would't I? I's be an idiot to mis out on the games".

Piccoro

I have both US and European Plus subscriptions.

My newly added European titles are not showing expiry dates. My US titles are.

As an aside, my European subscription actually ends tomorrow so I should be able to check if they still work afterward. Though I see no reason why they shouldn't.

Well, keep us posted, then.

Ladekabel

Would be too good too be true. But I checked mine and Spelunky and Don't Starve Giant Edition have no expire date.

And why do some EU members already have the PS+ games for this month. I checked the store on PS4, Vita and Web and it still showed me the last month offering (in Germany). :(

dEvAnGeL

this is not happening people, don't get your hopes up because than your gonna start blaming Sony for it, remember the time all the ps1 games were playable on vita? big mistake and all of the sudden it was gone, psn is full of errors

Danlord

Would be too good too be true. But I checked mine and Spelunky and Don't Starve Giant Edition have no expire date.

And why do some EU members already have the PS+ games for this month. I checked the store on PS4, Vita and Web and it still showed me the last month offering (in Germany). :(

Manually search for them. I still don't have Binding of Isaac however. (UK here)

SmokyDave

UK here and NOT working for me :( They all have the expiry date, maybe I bought them too soon

edit: confirmed not working for me so it looks like a temperamental glitch .

I'M AN IDIOT I HAVEN'T GOT THIS MONTHS GAMES YET. I downloaded last month's this morning, I'll have to try..
I downloaded Spelunky this morning and it has no expiration date (it's listed as a service). Same for this months PS+ stuff. All my older stuff expires 05/12/14.

It'll be an error.

Acidote

I specifically searched for this month's PS+ games. All but Isaac are up, just not on the PS+ page.

Footos22

My spelunky and dont starve vita have no expiration date. UK
everything else has though. steamworld doesnt show on my purchase list i cant even find issac on the store. so cant check them

its probably an error as my oddworld new and tasty i bought has a ps+ expiration date next to it for some reason

Top Bottom