• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Plus games for February: Yakuza 4, Transistor, Rogue Legacy, more (NA&EU)

I've owned Yakuza 4 on disc since release but people please give it a chance! The series is fucking amazing and the fact they give it away is crazy.

Months with 3 PS+ games on PS4

October:

Dust: An Elysian Tail
Pix the Cat (cross-buy)
Spelunky (cross-buy)

November:

Escape Plan (cross-buy)
SteamWorld Dig (cross-buy)
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (cross-buy)

December:

Injustice: Gods Among Us – Ultimate Edition
Secret Ponchos
Titan Attacks (cross-buy)

Wait..We now get 3 games with PS+ on PS4?

Sure.... if one of the PSVita or PS3 games has cross buy.

It's 2 PS3, 2 PS4, 2 PS Vita games, and if they ahppen to have cross buy, so be it.

Apotheon and Transistor are the PS4 games this month. Rogue legacy is one of the vita games that happens to be cross buy.

At one point, we had 5 PS+ games in a month all with vita compatability. It doesn't mean you should expect >2 games for any specific consoles as anything regular

pretty pumped for rogue legacy. already bought transistor. it is really well put together but i can't seem to really get a handle on the gameplay. anyone know the filesize of yakuza?

KingV

Literally every indie I have paid money for on PS4 was eventually given away in PS+ before I actually played it... Lesson learned is to only buy when I am ready to dig in.

Tizoc

If you CAN play 1-3 though, it's obviously the better way to experience the story. The recap is serviceable at best.

Heh agreed, Yakuza 3 always gives me the feels and manly tears....
Also Y2 had the Dragon of Kansai
You know what I mean said:
WP_type01_1920gouda.jpg

Rezae

Rogue Legacy?!!?!?!? I'm a slightly older gamer, 29 and believe i remember the old school days but seriously I don't get these retro-crappy graphics types of games....if I really wanted to play a game like that i'd go to that dosbox website and play some random early 90s platformer with those graphics. I dont understand the hype for this game at all. Am I missing something?

Rogue Legacy is probably one of my favorite games from last year, across all platforms.

As a 29 year old gamer, I would think you've been around long enough to be able to not bind graphics with fun factor. If not, your loss.

Fucking shit I still need to prepare for 5 by running through the previous games.

I love you Sega please bring more and rub it on my face.

I want to play Yakuza 4 but I can't without playing 1, 2 and 3!

Yes you can. I did it and I loved it. The story is pretty much self-contained. There are characters from previous entries coming back and references to some events of previous entries, but they are far between and won't substract from the experience in my opinion.

Getting obsessed with playing the first 3 entries before getting to the 4th will probably stop you from even playing any of them at all. Even if you managed to get all of them (and 1 and 2 would require a PS2, since the HD remasters never came West), I would not recommend playing 4 Yakuza games in a row (That is 300+ hours with some gameplay overlapping). I advise at least one or two months of cooldown between entries. You don't want a Yakuza overdose :).

LiK

Fucking shit I still need to prepare for 5 by running through the previous games.

I love you Sega please bring more and rub it on my face.

Do it bro

Yes you can. I did it and I loved it. The story is pretty much self-contained. There are characters from previous entries coming back and references to some events of previous entries, but they are far between and won't substract from the experience in my opinion.

Getting obsessed with playing the first 3 entries before getting to the 4th will probably stop you from even playing any of them at all. Even if you managed to get all of them (and 1 and 2 would require a PS2, since the HD remasters never came West), I would not recommend playing 4 Yakuza games in a row (That is 300+ hours with some gameplay overlapping). I advise at least one or two months of cooldown between entries. You don't want a Yakuza overdose :).

I don't agree at all. The revelations and impact in the sequels is better with knowledge from past games. Plus, the sidestories with NPCs actually carry over. It's pretty entertaining. There is no need to skip any if they are able to play the previous ones. No rush.

Beatrix

YES! I was thinking about buying Yakuza 4 yesterday too....what a coincidence that I find this today. Awesome month.

Kssio_Aug

Uhuuul!! Rogue Legacy and Transistor for NA IGC aswell! \o/

Yakuza 4 may be awesome aswell. Too bad I dont have a PS3 anymore! Finished both Yakuza 1 and 3, and this game is amazing!

Top Bottom