• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Plus games for February: Yakuza 4, Transistor, Rogue Legacy, more (NA&EU)

zewone

I already own Transistor, but that doesn't make this any less of a great month.

Really stoked about Rogue Legacy.

Drayco21

Psyched about Transistor, Rogue Legacy, Yakuza and Apotheon looks cool. Kick and Fennick probably isn't for me, and Thief for PS3 being on here is hilarious, but really good month overall.

It's always a sad day when I already own half of the Vita game :(

...but Thief, Yakuza 4, Transistor, and Apotheon more than make up for it. I've had some level of interest in all of these games.

firelogic

Doesn't matter if its cross-buy or not. Should have added it in as well for the month.

Totally! They should have thrown in Killzone Shadow Fall and Tomb Raider Definitive edition as well! What the hell is Sony thinking?! And why only 2 games for each platform? It should be at least FIVE EACH!

Picking Thief for PS3 and not for PS4 seems weird. Why not for both platforms?

Because I bought it in the sale for $18 and they don't want to make me sad.

Pretty psyched for this month, although I don't know what's going to happen to me when Rogue Legacy hits. I pretty much put my playthrough of FFX-2 on hold to mainline Binding of Isaac; once I have RL too, how am I ever going to find the time to play either of those games?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Yakuza 4 is just the worst, I felt it was an insult to me as a Yakuza fan. everything went to hell after first chapter, bad story, smaller (one city that is just rehashed city (with rooftops.. yawn), shorter quest, bad characters moveset, bad villains. even as free it really does not worth the time and bandwidth to download.

malcher

Is Apotheon coming to Xbox One? I couldn't find any info on this. If not, then it might be the reason to finally take my PS4 out of the closet.

AmuroChan

Gold Member
Time to resub it looks like, missed on Transistor and Rogue Legacy.

Weird that Thief isn't on PS4 as well as PS3 no?

Weird from our perspective perhaps, but not from a business standpoint. The publisher has to agree to putting their games on Plus. S-E probably sees that Thief PS3 is the version that makes the least money for them now. So that's the one they're willing to let Sony offer on PS+.

Absolutely insane month.

Can't wait to see the complaints, though.

You asked for it.

A little disappointed in 2/3 titles for PS4.

I have already played Transistor and bought it at full price. Great game...no idea WTF the story was about but it was fun to play and the art direction really nice to look at sometimes.

Rogue Legacy?!!?!?!? I'm a slightly older gamer, 29 and believe i remember the old school days but seriously I don't get these retro-crappy graphics types of games....if I really wanted to play a game like that i'd go to that dosbox website and play some random early 90s platformer with those graphics. I dont understand the hype for this game at all. Am I missing something?

Apotheon looks interesting, not the biggest fan of side-scrollers but the art direction is interesting enough for me to enjoy this game

Overall a little disappointed, solid month if you have none of these games? Sure. OMG AMAZING MONTH WOOHOO? Definitely not.

I can't be the only one who thinks this.

cakely

Garrett is a thief. Step into Garrett's silent shoes to assume the role of the Master Thief, also known as Garrett, the Master Thief in Thief starring the Master Thief, Garrett.

Quick question: I'm looking for a game where I can play as someone named "Garrett", is Thief for me?

Rogue Legacy?!!?!?!? I'm a slightly older gamer, 29 and believe i remember the old school days but seriously I don't get these retro-crappy graphics types of games....if I really wanted to play a game like that i'd go to that dosbox website and play some random early 90s platformer with those graphics. I dont understand the hype for this game at all. Am I missing something?

picard-facepalm-o.gif

Foshy

Already own Transistor and Rogue Legacy, amazing games everyone should own. Nice that they went on PS+.

Apotheon and Yakuza 4 look interesting.

You asked for it.

I have already played Transistor and bought it at full price. Great game...no idea WTF the story was about but it was fun to play and the art direction really nice to look at sometimes.

Apotheon looks interesting, not the biggest fan of side-scrollers but the art direction is interesting enough for me to enjoy this game

Overall a little disappointed, solid month if you have none of these games? Sure. OMG AMAZING MONTH WOOHOO? Definitely not.

Don't worry, you're in the fine company of ggnoobIGN.

Ugh nothing but indie crap for ps4. Everyone was excited this month too.

cakely

I personally found Rogue Legacy to be amazing. It feels like Castlevania: SOTN with cleverly mixed-in roguelite elements.

Weirdly, it also probably had the best plot for a game I played in 2014.

GTSweet

Neo Member
Hot Damn that is a good month for PS+.

Xbox Games with Gold needs to REALLY step it up this year at some point. PS+ killing it.

ryseing

You asked for it.

Rogue Legacy is much more than a "random early 90's platformer". It's one of the best games I've played in the past few years.

No regrets buying RL or Transistor day one. Both made my top ten and are fine examples of great game design.

I personally found Rogue Legacy to be amazing. It feels like Castlevania: SOTN with cleverly mixed-in roguelite elements.

Weirdly, it also probably had the best plot for a game I played in 2014.

Not that weird considering the games we got in 2014.

Tobinishi

Absolute amazing month for me. Already played RL on PC but will play through it again and wanted to buy Transistor last week. Luck is on my side.

Amazing month if I didn't own everything but the new release items. Well and Thief, but I heard that its not that great. But everything else on that list is amazing. Guess Yakuza 4 is there so as to push the fanbase for Yakuza 5.

Tizoc

I want to play Yakuza 4 but I can't without playing 1, 2 and 3!

There's a recap for the story events of Y1-3 in Yakuza 4. Play Yakuza 4, you'll thank us eventually and shed manly tears and discover what TRUE manliness is.

Top Bottom