• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Plus games for February: Yakuza 4, Transistor, Rogue Legacy, more (NA&EU)

mikeybass

Neo Member
I've only had a PS4 since December and couldn't wait to get in on some legendary PS+ action.

Injustice and Infamous really didn't do it for me, so I was starting to think PS+ was a bit all shirt and no trousers (The Swapper was phenomenal however).

That line-up is incredible though! Officially pumped again!

Pretty good!

Is it worthwhile trying to play Yakuza 4 if you haven't played the previous ones, though?

Yes. Gameplay is the most refined. You will switch between 4 characters of which three are new.
Story is more or less self contained, but you can always watch the recap videos ingame to get to learn more about the background and all these characters that know the main protagonist.

The only big criticism I had was that it was again the same location (while e.g. 3 added another setting at least), but that doesn't concern new players at all.

HardRojo

Yes!
Great month for PS+ and I was just wondering in the EU thread if we'd also get Transistor. Guess this answers that.

VinFTW

I know this sounds gross, but I think I'm done buying indie games :(

I've spent so much money that I could have saved by waiting just a month or two the last few years.

Very excited for rogue legacy at least.

Word of advice for transistor, if you loved bastion, lower your expectations a bit for transistor. Great game still though.

Tizoc

All ya'all PS3GAF gotta play Yakuza 4, it has a recap mode for what happened in Y1-3 to get you informed of this games.
It is the most badass series you've never played
ipCNqrnmNNy1f.gif

id3Wk4uPkMgYY.gif

iB4Hq4EUrAPpP.gif

870405_o.gif

Surrounded+one+way+to+clear+the+room+src+yakuza+4_bcb4a1_4791729.gif

H2pzuMo.gif

Toki767

The news for the Euro games often comes out first.

New news, new thread.

To be fair, they've had the same lineup for over half a year now. And there's no reason to think they will have different lineups going forward.

The games are great. I own half of them already, but not gonna complain about other people getting a chance to play these.

Pandacon

Been thinking about buying Transistor, so that settles that. I have Yakuza 3, unplayed, so I guess I have to play it now.

Glad to see Yakuza showing up, hoping that will give the series a little exposure before 5 is released this year. I own all of the series already but I'm glad more people will get to play the game, 4 is an excellent starting point what with three of the characters being brand new to the series.

Flandy

I just bought Yakuza 4 for $25 on Amazon last month...Didn't think it would be on plus so fast. Oh well. This reminds me that I need to finish 3 soon.

I got 3, 4, and Dead Souls for about $30 lshortly after PSX when gamestop had a buy 2 used get 1 used free, so I ain't even mad :lol

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Transistor!

I almost bought it the other day. Been looking forward to it but I was dragging my feet on it.

Really great month for all platforms. May need to get the PS3 back out to give Yakuza a shot.

ocean

Banned
FINALLY Transistor. Been dying to play that game for a long time now, really happy about the selection.

Heard a lot about Roguelikes, never played one. Legacy seems as good a place as any to get started.

I see the PlayStation Plus Cycle continues
Games are announced
Commence insane bitching/fighting over how good the games are
Repeat

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Anything different with this version of RL compared to the PC version (which I've already played through)?

quest

Not Banned from OT
Maybe next month be something I want. I will treat the recent diablo 3 2.1.2 patch as my free game this month I guess. Since all I have gotten out of the service is online play and cloud storage on the PS4 outside resogun.

Good month. Is Yakuza 4 easy to get into for someone who missed the past few entries of the series? I played 1 but never got any further than that.

Yakuza 4 was the first game of the series I played, and I am now a HUGE fan of all of them. Yakuza 4 comes with "Reminisce" videos that recap what happened on all previous entries but, even if those would give you more background on some characters and story bits, you don't really need them to enjoy the game. I played the whole game without watching them, I didn't even know who was Kiryu or Majima when they first appear in the game, and I LOVED IT.

Free Yakuza 4 is a steal. Go get it!

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
FINALLY Transistor. Been dying to play that game for a long time now, really happy about the selection.

Heard a lot about Roguelikes, never played one. Legacy seems as good a place as any to get started.

Same here with Transistor. Played a bit on my laptop once.
Must look amazing on the big screen and 1080p@60.

TheHall

I haven't gotten much value out of my PS+ sub for a few months now, but it's not as bad as the value i am currently getting out of my ongoing gym subscription.

Top Bottom