• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general advice thread, part 3 | Veni, vidi, Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raoh

Loving it so far. Bought the sony grip but looking forward to trying out the nyko one.

Liking Unit 13, could have used more polish though. AI is still dumb, it's 2012 and enemy AI does not get suspicious when passing a bunch of their dead friends bodies laying on the ground?

Going to pick up lumines and Monster Hunter Freedom (is the vita version coming to america?). I have a list of other games to pick up on the psp side but I don't finish games as quickly as some of you do, so 2 or 3 games plus demos for now is great.

My main three (+) gripes with the vita.

1. The face buttons are not backlit.

2. It quits you out of the game to use the web browser.
2a. Have a hard time getting on some wifi connections. At work its fine it brings up my daily log on page but I have yet to successfully get it working at the Equinox gym's wifi connection.
2b. I wish I could tap my bluetooth/wifi settings from the top left of the screens by touch and not have to go into settings each time.

3. Having to logon to PSN from settings as opposed to its own bubble/link on home screen is just wrong. This is where companies NOT names apple fail, small little things that are not made to be easy and quick.

Number45

To the person who sent me a friend request, I got home this morning after work and all those friend requests were canceled, expired, whatever. DyslexicChaos and ScalpelKnight I found posted in the thread and added them, but there was a third canceled request and I have no idea what it was called. Just send me another I guess?
Did you try and accept them on the PS3? Requests sent from the Vita I don't think you can accept on the PS3 (I had this issue with a load of requests that I tried to accept before my Vita arrived).

Roto13

It's cool that you can download games from two PSN accounts. But can you download them from four? :p I have four PSN accounts and they all have PSP games.

naib

Thanks for the responses. So I'm assuming Marvel is 60fps? And is it running at native res?
Yes and yes. It's really a sight to see in motion.

The hitsparks and backgrounds are less detailed than the console big boys, but other than that it's almost indistinguishable. I'm sure the characters also have a lower poly count but it's almost impossible to tell on a screen this size.

I'll be buying a vita soon, but have a question. I got the free motorstorm RC from the US store but on my vita I'll be using my EU account. I understand that you can only have 1 account at a time or you have to reset to factory settings to switch. Will I still be able to transfer motorstorm RC from my US account from ps3 to my vita and play it with my EU account, or is the game linked (and only playable) with the US account? I don't feel like switching accounts every time I want to play motorstorm...
Thanks in advance.

ToD_

Yes and yes. It's really a sight to see in motion.

The hitsparks and backgrounds are less detailed than the console big boys, but other than that it's almost indistinguishable. I'm sure the characters also have a lower poly count but it's almost impossible to tell on a screen this size.

That's good to hear, sounds impressive. This will be a likely purchase tonight. Thanks!

Big B

Also, does anyone else have NEAR neighbors who are always playing something different? I'm surrounded by stay at home dads (and moms), I know it.

I would just like to recommend GTA: Chinatown Wars to anyone who is at all interested it in. It's all I've been playing at night in bed for the last week. It looks great on the screen; pays fine; and the story is compelling enough to hold my attention and keep me wanting to see what's going to happen next.

I do feel like the $20 asking price is still too much for a game nearly 3 years old (and to much for 99% of the PSP games on the store in general). But I'm happy I made the purchase.
I wonder at a world where we come to expect a full-bore console game to be priced like an iOS app just because it's a couple years old. Ya, you can argue that you can pick up the game on UMD or DS cart for less... used... if you can find it... but if you look at this as a "new retail" copy with the added advantages of guaranteed availability and convenience (I mean, just try to find a used copy of Chinatown Wars at the local brick'n'mortar), and $20 seems very reasonable to me for the number of hours of play time I get out of this title, especially since that's half the "new price" of $39 at launch already.

I'll be buying a vita soon, but have a question. I got the free motorstorm RC from the US store but on my vita I'll be using my EU account. I understand that you can only have 1 account at a time or you have to reset to factory settings to switch. Will I still be able to transfer motorstorm RC from my US account from ps3 to my vita and play it with my EU account, or is the game linked (and only playable) with the US account? I don't feel like switching accounts every time I want to play motorstorm...
Thanks in advance.
uh, since it's still free, why don't you just download it on your EU account?

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I should probably PM archnemesis but Pinball Hall of Fame: Williams Collection PSP is compatible. It's on the EU store is anyone is interested.

*Edit*
Oh hai! There he is. =D

undecided

Got my stardust code as well.. And was surprised to see that it is actually the bundle and not the standalone game. You just have to go to the DLC and download it separately (should see the red icon next to it and the download button instead of purchase)

Yes, Gran Turismo works fine, but Killzone doesn't appear when I connect Vita to PS3.
Then I'll update the OP. Thanks for reporting!
I should probably PM archnemesis but Pinball Hall of Fame: Williams Collection PSP is compatible. It's on the EU store is anyone is interested.

*Edit*
Oh hai! There he is. =D
This thread is a lot slower, so now I might actually have the time to read everything.

KooPaL

I am kinda excited trying out Super Stardust Delta. I didn't even download the demo since I had plenty of other games to play already so now I can finally see what its all about.

ss_lemonade

Thanks for the responses. So I'm assuming Marvel is 60fps? And is it running at native res?
Yup. Its really close to the console versions and looks really amazing for a handheld. Only the backgrounds take a real hit. Some are static, some don't have as much animations, but at least its way better than the flat backgrounds of Super Street Fighter 4 3ds.

Jellzy

Neo Member
I wonder at a world where we come to expect a full-bore console game to be priced like an iOS app...

Maybe because the full bore console game has a full bore iOS port with improved visulas and improved touch controls (over the ds version) and is priced at £6.99.

£13 doesn't really cut it even if physical controls are better in every conceivable way.

I agree with your general argument though, just not in this case where a game is almost identical yet almost 3 times the price.

Also just got my super stardust code. Quite excited.

On another note anyone here play hustle kings asychronously? If so please add me. PSN id same as user name.

I cannot praise hustle kings enough. I know it's looked down on as a port but for $10 it's an absurd bargain. I just discovered today that in addition to all the customizable multiplayer modes and asychronous play they have daily challenges as well that are all very different and really fun and each has it's own leader board broken down by All players, all players you've found on near and all players on your friends list. So cool.

KalBalboa

Banned
Also just got my super stardust code. Quite excited.

On another note anyone here play hustle kings asychronously? If so please add me. PSN id same as user name.

I cannot praise hustle kings enough. I know it's looked down on as a port but for $10 it's an absurd bargain. I just discovered today that in addition to all the customizable multiplayer modes and asychronous play they have daily challenges as well that are all very different and really fun and each has it's own leader board broken down by All players, all players you've found on near and all players on your friends list. So cool.
I'm a big fan of both versions. Let's try some asynchronous, shall we? FoomMan on PSN.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I think that the title is misleading, the "general advice thread" make me think of a thread that talks about advices and solutions, but in the other threads there were news, opinions, screenshots etc...

xxczx

I think that the title is misleading, the "general advice thread" make me think of a thread that talks about advices and solutions, but in the other threads there were news, opinions, screenshots etc...
Mega threads aren't allowed IIRC and it's way past the launch now.

You know, I have four Vita games and the only one I really play is UMvC3, although I have it on PS3 also. Anyone have UMvC3 and would like to play? PSN is ScalpelKnight. I'm probably average/slightly above average (I'm not too cautious when playing and can't be bothered to learn more advanced things, so although I may seem good I'm really not that good)
Scalpel Knight just DESTROYED me, though I'm a pretty horrendous noob. It was a blast though, I almost had em'! With more practice I may actually break my perfect loss online record, I do intend to get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom