• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general advice thread, part 3 | Veni, vidi, Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grinchy

Banned
i know im not the only one enjoying movies on it. i never used the video half of PSN until i got this thing

I am finding that Netflix looks incredible.

Anyone who has Netflix, load up the first episode of Archer and look at that fucking image quality. It's insane.

Fodder76

This may have been covered elsewhere, but how do you get your Vita trophies to show up on your PS3? I am seeing the PS3 games on my Vita, but not the other way around.

Scalpel Knight just DESTROYED me, though I'm a pretty horrendous noob. It was a blast though, I almost had em'! With more practice I may actually break my perfect loss online record, I do intend to get better.
It was fun! It doesn't take much to get to my level I think. I have played GAF people before on the PS3 version and they destroy me, likewise.

Raoh

i know im not the only one enjoying movies on it. i never used the video half of PSN until i got this thing

I am finding that Netflix looks incredible.

Anyone who has Netflix, load up the first episode of Archer and look at that fucking image quality. It's insane.

yeah, I loaded some of the first season of the walking dead that i bought on psn and a few torrents i downloaded and they looked great.

haven't really tried netflix yet, hulu would be great

androvsky

So hey. About this. :p

Is even two accounts possible? All I've heard about is getting demos to work from other accounts, nothing about getting paid content from more than one account working at once. I'd love to get my Japanese TG-16 games working on my U.S. account.

edit: ah, the OP links to someone who thought that since he got demos working, everything would work. :/

So hey. About this. :p
Roto13 said:
It's cool that you can download games from two PSN accounts. But can you download them from four? :p I have four PSN accounts and they all have PSP games.
Um, I didn't think you could download the same game to two PSN accounts on the Vita... I know you can download a DD game to two Vitas running the same account, or to one PSP and one Vita with the same account if it's a PSP game...

...or maybe we just don't understand the question...

Phoenix Wright is awesome, so entertaining. I might have to try him out now.
He really is. His range is pathetic, but when you make hits with him it's pretty satisfying. I try not to abuse Turnabout mode too much but it's the best way to get mileage out of him (and what most sane players would do, but when you're facing someone who's really good they often shut down PW before he can collect all the evidence). Regardless, very fun to play.

Roto13

Is even two accounts possible? All I've heard about is getting demos to work from other accounts, nothing about getting paid content from more than one account working at once. I'd love to get my Japanese TG-16 games working on my U.S. account.

edit: ah, the OP links to someone who thought that since he got demos working, everything would work. :/

So only demos work? Ugh, that sucks. There goes half my remaining PSP library after ditching my UMDs.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Mega threads aren't allowed IIRC and it's way past the launch now.
If you are right then the title is wrong, "part 3" implies a continuity with the "part 2".
There are two solutions:
1)if this is destined to be an advice only thread then the "part 3" has to be deleted.
2)if this is the continue of the part 2 then the "general advice thread" doesn't reflect the content of the thread and has to be changed.

Obviously imo.

Number45

Is there a similar action for getting a free stardust copy in the EU? Guess not since it's the first I hear about this.
No, it's a US only promotion with AT&T for their 3G contract. UK at least got Wipeout for free if you topped up at least £5 with Vodafone 3G.

theBishop

Banned
Just got off the phone with TigerDirect. My $39.99 32GB memory card is shipping.

Any suggestions what I should do with my 8GB card?

Two questions.

Has anyone gotten their Super Stardust code from AT&T as the one month is now up for FEB buyers?

I saw yesterday someone mentioned they were progressing in levels in co op for unit 13, can anyone confirm this? I haven't been able to play co op since it came out and we were not unlocking levels.

I just got mine a few minutes ago.

xxczx

If you are right then the title is wrong, "part 3" implies a continuity with the "part 2".
There are two solutions:
1)if this is destined to be an advice only thread then the "part 3" has to be deleted.
2)if this is the continue of the part 2 then the "general advice thread" doesn't reflect the content of the thread and has to be changed.

Obviously imo.
I'm only going off what archnemesis said in the other thread, aha. As long as the thread contents stay more or less the same then idc what the thread is called.

VanWinkle

Downloading the SSD Delta bundle now. I'm excited. I played the demo and really liked it, and of course the PS3 game was awesome.

No, it's a US only promotion with AT&T for their 3G contract. UK at least got Wipeout for free if you topped up at least £5 with Vodafone 3G.

Yeah, I figured as much, we never get those deals here in Belgium :p
Anyone got a spare Stardust delta code by any chance? Otherwise I'll just buy it myself, I loved stardust HD on ps3.

Grinchy

Banned
Man-is-Obsolete said:
Just played this level again and got to rank 34. That is a tough one to speed run.

Try going after my best scores. On level 14 and 19 I am ranked number 1. ^_^

Just played level 14 for the first time. That puzzle at the beginning is infuriating. I feel like it expects you to be intricate with the touch controls but then it doesn't give you intricate control. Figuring out the way through the lasers is easy, getting the game to do what I want it to is proving to be more difficult than it should be.

I will beat your score, though. I must!

edit- getting closer ;)

IVGv5l.jpg

I just discovered a voucher code for free AR games bundled together with the AR cards. Anyone know what it's for? I already have Cliff Diving, Fireworks, and Table Football.

Again, FEBers:

Check your emails today for free game code. Co worker just got his sent.

Edit: beaten. Senselessly anfd with no mercy.

It looks like everyone who activated their 3G Vita around the official launch day (Feb 22) should be getting their codes today too! I just got mine! Can't wait to play SSD!

I just discovered a voucher code for free AR games bundled together with the AR cards. Anyone know what it's for? I already have Cliff Diving, Fireworks, and Table Football.

I punched in the code and it just directed me to the store page for the already free AR games. One might say it's completely pointless.

Wonko_C

SSD is a blast. I dislike the touch component though. I'm constantly causing inadvertent black holes. :/

First thing I did was switch all of the touch screen functions to buttons. Bombs to cross button, black hole to circle and Missiles to square. :)

I don't know the utility of missiles or black holes, though, I just stick to bombs as if it was Pure Mode, old habits die hard.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I liked the shinobido 2 demo. I generally like all of Spike's output(come on, new Kenka Bancho).

How long is it? Might wait on a sale.

Tattooth

Has anyone got an update yet in regards to Mutant Blobs Attack and it's original upload on to PSN? The day it came out, some peoples downloads weren't working and they said people who brought that version would get a refund.

I sent an email to Playstation support the week the Vita came out but I am yet to hear back from them.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Is there any launch Vita title that runs at 60fps and is not a 2D sprite game?
Virtua Tennis 4 is 60 fps in gameplay. It's less than that in the in-between play scenes.

Edit: Beaten. Might as well add: I'm excited for Gravity Daze. Whee!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Virtua Tennis 4 is 60 fps in gameplay. It's less than that in the in-between play scenes.

Edit: Beaten. Might as well add: I'm excited for Gravity Daze. Whee!

Yeah, this thing is my Dynasty Warriors machine until that comes out. Well.. that and Retro City Rampage if I don't have to buy it twice for PS3 and Vita. Really disappointed Gravity wasn't launch; I think it could've been made into a much stronger IP if it was something to sell with the Vita in the US/EU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom