• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general advice thread, part 3 | Veni, vidi, Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akainu

Tried a Vita a gamestop awhile back and a target the other day. I immediately noticed how light it was compared to my psp3000 even though it was tethered to the demo display. I liked Escape Plan, Gravity Rush and Wipeout 2048, didn't play Uncharted. I want one, but I'm still holding out on the orange vita.

Epcott

I am now a proud new Vita owner...

Add me as a friend, my friend code is: 458412-280418-2022645374+204+9123+erwe!!

Dingotech

A lot of the YS games are only 9,99 now. Which one should I get, haven't played any of them

Is there some sort of PSN sale going on that I need to be aware of?!?

I'm not desperate for the Y's games but I'd like to know if anything else is on sale?

xxczx

Is there some sort of PSN sale going on that I need to be aware of?!?

I'm not desperate for the Y's games but I'd like to know if anything else is on sale?
Tons of PSP games got a permanent price drop on EU PSN, not sure about US.

Oldschool

I bought a vita 3g and it came with the at&t chip, which is useless, since I live in Brazil.

Does anyone want the code for the free month? I mean, can anyone make use of it? Because I cant.

Since I got the console I have only two issues with it, both the same issue and playing with ninja gaiden, all the face buttons and triggers in the console got disabled in mid game and the only thing I can do was reset the console, did anyone encounter this issue?.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Just finished Uncharted. I have to say it had the best dialog of any of the previous games. Thoroughly impressed with Bend's efforts. Truly great stuff.

Man, this system just keeps delivering for me. I swear I may just buy a second system when the price drops so I can share these games with my daughter. As it stands, I don't want to relinquish this thing at night.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Ys games for 9.99? This must be in EU. I already own all on PSN except Ark but that's not on there and I would only support it for Falcom, not Konami.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
okay... so i thought -every- game was going to be made available on PSN?

Black Lagoon came out yesterday (unless it suffered a late delay, but swear i saw it in Sofmap) and it's not up.

Not that i would be buying a slot machine sim.... honest... i err... was just looking... out of curiosity. <.< >.>

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Just picked up Unit 13 and a travel pouch from Best Buy, and am on the bus home now. Played through the training session. I also got my voucher for Super Stardust Delta, so I'll download that when I get home. The email was in my spam folder, so I recommend checking there, just in case, and for those who tend to automatically delete their spam folders without checking them.

Man, I currently have 7 Vita games and 7 PSP games. I have an 8 gig card, but still have 2 gigs free. I love this damn system, and Monster Hunter Freedom Unite is awesome on the Vita, as is Half Minute Hero.

Grinchy

Banned
Man, this system just keeps delivering for me. I swear I may just buy a second system when the price drops so I can share these games with my daughter. As it stands, I don't want to relinquish this thing at night.

I have had mine for a week now. I keep thinking the appeal will wear off a little and I will start seeing its faults but that still hasn't happened. I keep finding myself feeling surprised by how much I like it. I actually enjoy playing on it. I never really realized how little I enjoyed gaming on my PSP until now. I can comfortably play the Vita for hours.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I have had mine for a week now. I keep thinking the appeal will wear off a little and I will start seeing its faults but that still hasn't happened. I keep finding myself feeling surprised by how much I like it. I actually enjoy playing on it. I never really realized how little I enjoyed gaming on my PSP until now. I can comfortably play the Vita for hours.

I never thought I would enjoy a portable system this much. What makes that even more surprising to me is this system is my overall gaming system of choice.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Well, I ended up having to call Sony and we went on to call ATT together with the nice rep I have on the phone right now. I'm hoping they can just give me a voucher code or make this happen for me today since I've been waiting to play SSD forever. I had actually bought it before the FEB came out and Sony was nice and refunded my money basically immediately after I called them and found out the promo game would be the SSD bundle. Here I am waiting now.

gkryhewy

Just finished Uncharted. I have to say it had the best dialog of any of the previous games. Thoroughly impressed with Bend's efforts. Truly great stuff.

It's a great game; I really loved it. Never played any of the PS3 ones. Note: you have a new RR ghost :)

see5harp

Stardust is pretty damn good. I think I like having only two weapons. It really streamlines the gameplay for the better IMO.

raven777

I just tried the "demo" of ridge racer..

what was I suppose to "play?" (It says thank you for playing at the end I think)

well, it had some cool music and interface.

KalBalboa

Banned
I just searched Gaf and couldn't find an official Escape Plan thread, so I figured I would post this here for more feedback.

I did a video review for Escape Plan and just got it up this evening. I recently did a Vita hardware reviewer and got some less-than-positive feedback on my take on the machine (namely the way I mentioned the 3DS), so I wanted to see if this fared any better with the posters here. I spent a good night on it, so let me know what guys think.

VanWinkle

I just searched Gaf and couldn't find an official Escape Plan thread, so I figured I would post this here for more feedback.

I did a video review for Escape Plan and just got it up this evening. I recently did a Vita hardware reviewer and got some less-than-positive feedback on my take on the machine (namely the way I mentioned the 3DS), so I wanted to see if this fared any better with the posters here. I spent a good night on it, so let me know what guys think.

Good review. I enjoyed it. I will probably pick up the game when it (if) it goes on sale sometime.

KalBalboa

Banned
Good review. I enjoyed it. I will probably pick up the game when it (if) it goes on sale sometime.

Thanks man. My biggest worry going into it was getting footage from the Vita itself. Then I realized just how many major sites just aim a camera at a Vita screen, and all was good.

Found this if anyone cares a new update in April? http://www.sonypsvitablog.com/post/new-ps-vita-update-in-april/

Dylan Cuthbert, founder of Q-Games, may have just revealed a new update for the PlayStation Vita update for April. Cuthbert gave the following reply when a Twitter user mentioned that PixelJunk Monsters does not work in Europe:

What exactly are they enabling?
I can already play Monsters via remote play. Does he mean the PSP version?

MooMoo

So I have another question: how much history data can Near save? Is it pretty much infinite or does it start deleting old Near data once it hits a certain cap (i.e. at 100/200/etc.)? What about the information that shows up in the top right hand corner/notifications tab thingy on the home screen-- does that have a cap on how much information it stores? Kinda stupid/insignificant questions but I'm just a little curious.

Apath

Soo is there a way to restore a deleted save? I wasn't really paying attention and just saved over my previous Uncharted: GA save file (too much P3P -_-) and kind of regret that decision.

EDIT: To clarify, it was a save file where I beat the game, saving over it after selecting "New Game" from the menu.

Cloudy

Banned
Got Blazblue today. Game is sooooo pretty. And it's nice to see a fighting game with some effort put into the story these days. I suck at it but I'm enjoying this lol

Is it worse than the demo? I thought the demo was fun, if a little bare bones.
It's basically Burnout with two major flaws. It doesn't feel like you're driving a car at all, instead you just move the vehicle left or right in perfect tiny steps. The wheels never lose grip and it doesn't really matter how you enter or leave the corners. The second flaw is the impact physics. You can make the other racers crash by just touching them. Unlike Burnout you don't have to put any effort into it.

Otherwise it's not that bad. The graphics are alright and there is plenty of things to do in the career mode.

patsu

Seriously. I laughed more and was genuinely entertained. Not that the others are anything less than great. I just felt the delivery and inflection was just spectacular in this one.

Are you kidding? Simplest cheesy writing. Felt like first draft stuff. A string of "that's what she said" jokes? Chase and the Joe Pesci wannabe were awfully overdone. How many times did DRAKE say, "Really?" Answer: A lot, but not as many times as me. Too many "jokes" and not enough drama to make me care about anybody :/ Gameplay was more repetitious than any other game in the series and it felt way too long. Overstayed it's welcome for sure. Whoever said "straight to DVD version" was spot on.

Hanmik

I tried a PsVita for the first time yesterday in a shop.. damn that machine feels sexy like hell... fuck me for not having a shitload of money, or living in a country where stuff does not cost a fortune.. After trying the Vita yesterday I want one SO much, but being a family father with mortgage, diapers, wife, food, car etc. I´m screwed money wise... why the fuck did sony make this sexy machine.. ? I guess I have to wait untill the price ios lowered or I win the lottery. so probably never..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom