• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 $329.99 No Tax + Free Shipping AVAILABLE NOW

statham got hit with the statham.

TeAKZCS.gif

wonder how many ps4's they have. i'm guessing 5k but if not then probably 10k.

It would be great if Newegg had >20K.

That's an extra >20K for PS4 this month in the November 2014 NPD report. PS4 and XB1 might be close because of the PS4 GTA V Black Friday bundle, and that >20K might just push PS4 over the edge to #1.

He was asking for it. The way that he acted about this for no reason got himself in this position.
Did a post get deleted or something? I didn't see Statham totally freaking or committing account suicide. He was getting a little rustled, but nothing out of the ordinary, really.

It would be great if Newegg had >20K.

That's an extra >20K for PS4 this month in the November 2014 NPD report. PS4 and XB1 might be close because of the PS4 GTA V Black Friday bundle, and that >20K might just push PS4 over the edge to #1.

That would be hilarious. Sony's secret plan: Newegg

Statham was right!

Also over 3800 right now

As a test I was refreshing the purchase page for about 90 seconds and another 40 were sold... Current 3814.

Watch newegg suddenly have a sale on GTA V PS4 and a digital code for the TLOU. :p

zma1013

Could be something more like Newegg wants to sell out their PS4 stock quicker and so they do something like this before Black Friday hits and everyone gets them somewhere else.

And yes, I did get it as an impulse buy, although I'm not too interested in anything on it until Bloodborne hits next year. Maybe I'll get Shadow of Mordor if I can find it cheap to make use of it.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Bought.

I now own all three consoles for far cheaper than their normal prices.

I feel like PMing all the GAFfers that gave me a hard time in that thread where I traded my PS4 for a Xbone + Kinect.

hindsight is 20/20. iirc people were giving you shit because you said you did the trade knowing that MCC was broken (but did it anyway) but then created a thread that was misinterpreted as you complaining about it (yeah i know it was really just you asking for help). no need to call people out on that now though. glad its all working out for you :)

vesvci

Banned
I really wish Sony would just drop the price at all retailers to 329.99.

Nah. The way I see it:

PS4 = $400
XBO = $350 + $25 controller charge kit + $25 controller headphone adapter

The controller accessories really have to be factored in for the comparison to be fair.
The PS4 still comes out on top for better design and specs.

FireCloud

Would be great if someone could make an image of Kaz and Shu selling PS4s out of the back of a truck with a Newegg logo on the side of it!

This counts towards NPD? Cool.

I don't really want a PS4 and I'm not really interested in the games out now or future games, but I'll snag one up if it'll contribute to the November NPD numbers. With all the Xbone deals this month Sony needs all the sales it can get.
That's the spirit!

Could be something more like Newegg wants to sell out their PS4 stock quicker and so they do something like this before Black Friday hits and everyone gets them somewhere else.

And yes, I did get it as an impulse buy, although I'm not too interested in anything on it until Bloodborne hits next year. Maybe I'll get Shadow of Mordor if I can find it cheap to make use of it.

Shadow of Mordor is $30 on Gamestop.com right now, should be $25 on bestbuy.com a little later tonight, $25 at target and walmart although not sure when their online sales start

Also available in store if you want to deal with BF shopping in store

reKon

Banned
Xbox One's poor sales is a blessing in disguise. I knew I should have fucking waited to buy a PS4. I still got that PS3 backlog lol

Bought.

It's not worth camping around a half-dozen sites or risking going out to be disappointed for $400+2 games I've already played before and maybe a few other small bonuses. This way I can sit around for the entire month and jump on game deals as they come up; Buy 2 get 1 free, Buy 1 second half price are bound to pop up.

Edit: There's also a PS+ 12 month card for $40 floating around ebay. I can't recall if it was also newegg (I think it was)

zma1013

Shadow of Mordor is $30 on Gamestop.com right now, should be $25 on bestbuy.com a little later tonight, $25 at target and walmart although not sure when their online sales start

Also available in store if you want to deal with BF shopping in store

Thanks

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I want a PS4 for Bloodborne, but I look at a list of games released for PS4 and I see one that I want to play that I can't play on my pc.

I just can't seem to justify the purchase to myself yet.

Total sales are now >4,000, in 2 hours of the eBay Newegg promo being live (and at 2 AM in the East Coast).

Looking forward to seeing total sales 24 hours from now as the deal further proliferates around the Internet.

FTF

almost up to 4k. wonder how long they'll keep this going.

I think they have 5,000...as I'm on my phone and the mobile version of the page seems to show a number counting down (currently says 949 sold in an hour, a few minutes ago it said 1,000 something)...whereas the full site shows 3,987 sold.

Nah. The way I see it:

PS4 = $400
XBO = $350 + $25 controller charge kit + $25 controller headphone adapter

The controller accessories really have to be factored in for the comparison to be fair.
The PS4 still comes out on top for better design and specs.

that stuff just seems to tacky nowadays, especially with the reports of the headphone adapter flaking out after a month.

I think they have 5,000...as I'm on my phone and the mobile version of the page seems to show a number counting down (currently says 949 sold in an hour, a few minutes ago it said 1,000 something)...whereas the full site shows 3,987 sold.

No. The mobile site is the same as the main eBay page (before they changed it). It just shows sales in one hour (most likely the sales in the past hour).

The main site now shows the total amount of consoles purchased. They've only sold 4,040 consoles so far.

FireCloud

Vena

If its anything like the last Newegg firesale on consoles (WiiU bundle last week that sold out in like two hours) its 5k units.

televator

Bought a few minutes ago. I did my part. I have pleased the great Banderas. It is an honor.

Now I take my place amongst the ranks of my fellow PS4 owners. *salutes*

Maridia

Welp, looks like as of next Friday, I'll be a PS4 owner. See you soon, Evil Within! See you eventually, Bloodborne!

Thanks for the tip, OP!

Top Bottom