• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Firmware 2.50 (Yukimura) coming March 26

Dargor

So how many people will be hanging back and making sure the patch works first for others before downloading?

Gonna download it day 1. Living on the edge :-[

Yes, I'm that much of a badass.

Seriously though, gonna download it as soon as its out. The chances of something bad happening are too small for me to worry about such a thing.

Oh I forgot to mention the one game that experienced some weirdness when returning from suspend: FFXIV. Suspending while in-game will result getting kicked back to the title screen (of course), but the weird part is the timers are incorrect when you go back in with your character. It's kinda similar to what happens when you jump between different versions of the game, except the only way to fix it was to relog.
If anything, you can probably suspend at the log in screen. I'd test it but my sub lapsed this morning lol

So that I have to suspend my game every time I want to watch a stream? No way. I like the way it is now - it allows me to easily and instantly switch between game and stream with a double tap of the PS button.
That said, it would be nice to view non-PS streams.. but that kinda defeats the purpose of it being called "Live from PlayStation".
Truth and many people don't care to view streams outside of the platform they own and are most interested in. If someone cares enough to view streams for all platforms they will easily find a way.

Yay! Time to upgrade my HDD, what does GAF suggest? I was thinking a 2TB SSHD.

It looks like it yep, see bold in my quote above.

Don't waste your time with an SSHD. 2TB 5400 is the way to go. 7200 would be perfect (but not available)

The lower speed but higher density platters on 2TB drives make the difference between a 5400 2TB drive and a 7200 1TB drive negligible.

See here: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-how-to-cheaply-upgrade-your-ps4-to-2tb

And here;http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-ps4-hard-drive-upgrade-guide

Shaneus

Yeah. Its even worse now. Not only does PS Store have a tile so does PS Now which you can't remove. There should be less fixed tiles not more. They're going in the wrong direction with this UI
Welcome to the hell that PAL users had to endure with the default icon on the XMB being the shitty Singstar one. Unless you are from PAL-land, in which case I sympathise on both counts :(

That's great, I realllly hope they're focusing on revamping the UI now. Seriously.

As soon as I see that menu I just want to turn the damn machine off. It sounds ridiculous but it's just unsettling and disappointing.

That's great and all but they realllly need to focus on revamping the UI now. Seriously.

As soon as I see that menu I just want to turn it off.

Really? I think the UI is pretty straight forward and fast. I personally don't care for the "What's New" section. Hopefully they can update this.

Really? I think the UI is pretty straight forward and fast. I personally don't care for the "What's New" section. Hopefully they can update this.

they seem to be trying to make it more relevant. this feature seems to be heading in the right direction.

Join Friends directly from news feed — A new tile will be added on your What’s New feed where you can see what your friends are currently playing, enabling you to join in the game if you own it.

Is your problem with the UI of an aesthetic or functional nature?

I have no issues with the aesthetics! I mean sure I'd like to use my own background, but I can manage. The biggest issue is of functional nature.

No folders, no categories, no sorting abilities etc. It's just a horizontal line with recent stuff to your right and a useless "What's New" tab to the left. That's literally all there is to the UI.

Does the PlayStation app get a UI update or not? Or at least icon change?

Don't like how the PS App is the only one of the Sony apps that hasn't been "Materialised"

Lethal

Neo Member
Ugh I hope the button assigning stuff works well. I live in hong Kong and that means I gotta deal with the circle button conundrum on a daily basis.

I've been constantly messing up in Bloodborne cos the X button and circle are swapped for everything. Not just confirm and back. So even though I've played all the souls game with sprint on circle, now I need to hold x. Its killing me...

Shin-Ra

I recommend high contrast mode in the PlayStation App even if you don't have visual impairment.

The extra settings are in the top-right avatar menu if you've never accessed them before. High Contrast makes the background a more pleasant, darker shade of blue.

Also, I had to delete and re-download the app (iOS) to bypass that error. Clearing the app cache didn't work.

Changing to PS3 premium avatars on ps4 is still not possible after the update, right? You'll have to do it on a ps3, yes? I sold my ps3 so this is annoying as hell.

Top Bottom