• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
You need it for live streaming? I thought it just took footage from the share button?
You don't need it for streaming, but if you want to have a little picture-in-picture of yourself for your stream, then you need it.

viveks86

You need it for live streaming? I thought it just took footage from the share button?

You need it if you want to record your live commentary and broadcast yourself to the world. You can do live streaming without it if you aren't worried about live audio/video commentary.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.

Share button will go to facebook to my understanding. I don't think you 'need' it for streaming but if you want to show your face in the twitch stream you'll want it. I think. I don't know too much about twitch. Just what I've been reading here.

Is Need For Speed (retail) really a launch game, coming out on the 15th?

Yes, and it really isn't in the Amazon list of eligible B2G1 offer which I completely don't understand.

jd78

Neo Member
Just picked up my first accessory for the PS4 at Best Buy. A carrying case from Rocketfish, as I will be lugging mine around between different homes. Includes a pocket for the Vita. here are some pics:

70d7c378-7397-4957-a32c-15b8f1cdaa2b.jpg

30c9427a-cead-473f-a1d3-1893f9f6d22d.jpg

2ce6cce7-f65f-4321-95bc-d6d54eb47a52.jpg

Came with 2 DS4 condoms and a micro-USB charger, always handy:

d00dea08-c588-4e09-a3fe-7a435a7756f5.jpg

d07f954c-08c0-4b8c-8e1c-ab5995a06072.jpg

Was eyeing that bag as well... Not sure about the grips as I would prefer TPU over silicone. Do you happen to have a charging base for the controllers and if so do the controllers still work with the charging base with the grips on?

Sanjuro

You need it if you want to record your live commentary and broadcast yourself to the world. You can do live streaming without it if you aren't worried about live audio/video commentary.

You can't record audio using your microphone during, or is that just unknown at the moment?

Sorry. When all the excitement was coming down with the consoles, I wasn't paying a great deal of attention.

DietRob

You can't record audio using your microphone during, or is that just unknown at the moment?

Sorry. When all the excitement was coming down with the consoles, I wasn't paying a great deal of attention.

Should be able to, check the FAQ in the OP.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I was *this* close to doing the same thing, but ended up getting Knack instead of COD. I figure the wife may enjoy it (always looking for ways to get her gaming) and I just couldn't pull the trigger on 3 FPSs.

There's something about this...

Knack is being covered by the Taco Bell promotion, and I'm a fan of all three series, and there's a certain audacity about buying three FPSs for launch that I can't resist, especially because I'm going to be doing it all at once if possible (thanks Target).

viveks86

This suggests that you should be good for audio only commentary. :)

Can I add voiceover to my Shared video?
You can’t add voiceovers to a shared video clip, but you can speak in real time when streaming live video.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/30/ps4-the-ultimate-faq-north-america/

Sanjuro

Whoa I didn't even know this existed. What's the price?

It's the piece of shit brand Rocketfish from Best Buy with a Sony logo slapped on it.

If you're just looking for a solid communicator, I would get the Turtle Beach one for around $20. It's basically the same mold as the one they have used for the previous generation. Very comfortable, no noise issues with surround sound going.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EI4V3FU/?tag=neogaf0e-20

DietRob

Thanks. Guess I'll try to get one around Black Friday. fml

Throughout the thread we have gotten information that Target has a pretty huge stock and could have substantial overflows depending on location.

Also Kmart is selling PS4 to members of whatever club they have going on over there, not taking preorders.

Don't give up!

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Yes, and it really isn't in the Amazon list of eligible B2G1 offer which I completely don't understand.

According to them, they don't have it "in stock" yet, so it's only available for pre-order there atm, which aren't eligible for the promotion.

Going to hope to get a good headset/headphones for Black Friday or Cyber Monday. Any suggestion that will be nice for the PS4? Might double as just regular headsets to casually listen to music to as well.

DietRob

According to them, they don't have it "in stock" yet, so it's only available for pre-order there atm, which aren't eligible for the promotion.

Thanks for the heads up but it seems odd, there are other games in that list that are only showing 'pre-order' status though. Did you contact them about this?

I was *this* close to doing the same thing, but ended up getting Knack instead of COD. I figure the wife may enjoy it (always looking for ways to get her gaming) and I just couldn't pull the trigger on 3 FPSs.
I want Knack, but I'm considering getting all 3 FPSs

Just picked up my first accessory for the PS4 at Best Buy. A carrying case from Rocketfish, as I will be lugging mine around between different homes. Includes a pocket for the Vita. here are some pics:

70d7c378-7397-4957-a32c-15b8f1cdaa2b.jpg

30c9427a-cead-473f-a1d3-1893f9f6d22d.jpg

2ce6cce7-f65f-4321-95bc-d6d54eb47a52.jpg

Came with 2 DS4 condoms and a micro-USB charger, always handy:

d00dea08-c588-4e09-a3fe-7a435a7756f5.jpg

d07f954c-08c0-4b8c-8e1c-ab5995a06072.jpg
How do those condoms feel sir? Wouldn't mind picking up the blue pair

Jarsonot

I want Knack, but I'm considering getting all 3 FPSs

I hear ya. I was really considering it. But I think I'd get tired of FPS gameplay eventually, and it would suck to then only have 3 different FPSs, ya know? =)

Of course, Resogun and Outcast (is that right?) could scratch that itch as well.

The other thing I'm afraid of is that if I get all 3, I'm going to inevitably compare them, and I'll want to play them all fairly soon, so my comparison will be based on a limited time of gameplay and will therefore be shallow.

If I have all 3 FPS, I may end up gravitating to the one I'm *initially* better at, without giving the others a fair shot. Maybe. I don't know. I'm in the same boat as you all - trying to rationalize my purchases. =)

I hope you enjoy whatever you get, I intend to!

4 days!

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Thanks for the heads up but it seems odd, there are other games in that list that are only showing 'pre-order' status though. Did you contact them about this?

Oh, I think I see why.

Take AC4, that doesn't come out until Tuesday, which is the day the promotion starts at Amazon. Whereas NFS has a release date of the 15th.

Grimhammer

Neo Member
I've got my ps4 (#5 preorder at my local EB out of 467) waiting for midnight launch madness. Everyone watch your backs. Lol

-KZ SF
-cod ghosts
-asscreed
-nfs rivals (following week right?)

All paid.
Destiny is also preordered.

F2p = Warframe (why is the preorder goodies not available yet. The preorder I mean)

jaaz

Was eyeing that bag as well... Not sure about the grips as I would prefer TPU over silicone. Do you happen to have a charging base for the controllers and if so do the controllers still work with the charging base with the grips on?

No charging base, as they weren't on sale at Best Buy. I can't find the official ones anywhere actually. But I don't see why they would interfere with a charging base.

How do those condoms feel sir? Wouldn't mind picking up the blue pair

They feel good, just like silicone. I do wish they fit the DS4 a bit tighter though. I can see where they might interfere with the triggers. I'm not sure whether I am going to use them or not. Really a freebie for me, as what I wanted was the carrying back-pack, which is nice.

DietRob

Oh, I think I see why.

Take AC4, that doesn't come out until Tuesday, which is the day the promotion starts at Amazon. Whereas NFS has a release date of the 15th.

Hmm.. Maybe. I guess we'll see I'd like NFS to be my free game.

Yeah I saw that too, I'm only going to download from the official link. Probably tomorrow.

If you do end up finding an official link mind PM'ing it to me? I don't want to have to rely on the PSN servers that will probably end up catching fire.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I've got my ps4 (#5 preorder at my local EB out of 467) waiting for midnight launch madness. Everyone watch your backs. Lol

-KZ SF
-cod ghosts
-asscreed
-nfs rivals (following week right?)

All paid.
Destiny is also preordered.

F2p = Warframe (why is the preorder goodies not available yet. The preorder I mean)

Rivals was bumped up to the 15th.

Jobbs

Banned
honest question... can neogaf handle the launches? I can't help but wonder if the site will be down pretty solidly starting on the 15th.

DietRob

honest question... can neogaf handle the launches? I can't help but wonder if the site will be down pretty solidly starting on the 15th.

No. It won't. GAF will catch fire way before the PSN does. Can always jump in #SonyGAF IRC. I don't have the server info at the moment but somebody could probably post or PM it to you.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
GAF is this overdoing it?

Killzone: Shadow Fall
Battlefield 4
Call of Duty: Ghosts

Everything else is covered by Taco Bell. Eat Fresh!

LOL eat fresh on Sony!

Thanks Taco Bell.

I went with KZ, NFS (not showing estimate), and BF4 as my free game. I already have BF4 but playing that with my console friends which have never experienced a balls to the wall 64p BF4 will be glorious.

I hear ya. I was really considering it. But I think I'd get tired of FPS gameplay eventually, and it would suck to then only have 3 different FPSs, ya know? =)

Of course, Resogun and Outcast (is that right?) could scratch that itch as well.

The other thing I'm afraid of is that if I get all 3, I'm going to inevitably compare them, and I'll want to play them all fairly soon, so my comparison will be based on a limited time of gameplay and will therefore be shallow.

If I have all 3 FPS, I may end up gravitating to the one I'm *initially* better at, without giving the others a fair shot. Maybe. I don't know. I'm in the same boat as you all - trying to rationalize my purchases. =)

I hope you enjoy whatever you get, I intend to!

4 days!
Can't forget the free to play game too! Like WarFrame and DC universe

Cartman86

Banned
Is it possible that the camera and voice over you can do while streaming will not overlay on the twitch stream on a PC? Like is that camera actually a separate feed only seen in the PS4 UI? Seeing that GIF made me think of this.

Top Bottom