• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Sony really needs to update the Playstation website. Xbox.com is a mess, but at least it's functional. You can't even add PSN friends on the PS website.

Sony really needs to update the Playstation website. Xbox.com is a mess, but at least it's functional. You can't even add PSN friends on the PS website.
Yeah I'm not really looking forward to populating my friends list with the controller, not even a chatpad. Sony's on-screen keyboard input has always been terrible.

Pop

i15GGiH1OQgUK.gif

Ok this is great. haha

Killzone Shadow Fall is the number 1 selling next-gen game for all of 2013. Sitting at #99.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2013/videogames#5

Wow that's pretty amazing, Killzone should have a solid base now.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Yeah I'm not really looking forward to populating my friends list with the controller, not even a chatpad. Sony's on-screen keyboard input has always been terrible.

New keyboard actually looks as intuitive as it can get for a controller based keyboard. Reminds me of Swype keyboard for mobiles.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Isn't there a new mobile app coming out? Maybe that'll have the ability to add PSN friends. Better than nothing.

Soooo tempted to just import one from the USA!

Feb 22 2014 is too far away!! Arrrgh!
I'm shipping my second pre-order to my buddy in Japan, haha. We've experienced every console launch since the original Xbox together -- no way we're missing this one.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
That shot really shows how small the PS4 really is. Not even twice the width of the DS4. Can't wait to get it set-up lookin all slick and monolithic on my desk.

kaskade

I want to see some reviews for the games coming out. Need some new stuff to read. I'm assuming they'll start coming out Tuesday though since that's when some of the games officially come out.

What I found interesting about Herman's tweet is that he mentioned he'll get hands on time with inFamous tomorrow. That could mean that the games that the press will get to play isn't limited to launch games.

Mifune

Mehmber
What I found interesting about Herman's tweet is that he mentioned he'll get hands on time with inFamous tomorrow. That could mean that the games that the press will get to play isn't limited to launch games.

The Witness is going to be playable, too. So yep, non-launch games will be there.

Yep, check this thread.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=712666

If you had already order a single ps4 game you get a free code via male for another. Started just today

holy cow am i glad i read your post. i got the email because my knack pre-order, but they sent it to the promotions section on my gmail, which i never look at because it is always garbage mail.

now i don't know what extra game to pick, i already got killzone and knack...

what do you guys recommend? i'm kinda leaning on ghosts/battlefield because they're shooters i would not have paid for but they might be good for free, and nba2k14 because it just looked impressive, i'm not really a basketball guy.

edit: went battlefield route, it'll look purdy on the console and i'm not opposed to trying it's multi.

DogMeat77

I'd imagine any USB keyboard would work. No confirmation on that but I'd have a lot of trouble believing that it wouldn't work.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
GAF, is this overdoing it:

-PS4
-PS Eye
-Vertical Stand
-Assassins Creed IV
-Killzone: Shadow Fall
-Knack
-FIFA 14

No, but this might be:
-PS4