• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Lineup for the review event from Greg Miller:

sSBH6Cm.jpg

I am suprised to see that Child of Light is there. Hopefully that means we see some more footage soon.

MGSV!

Wait so they're supposed to review all of those games in the 2 days they're at the event?

lol, nah I think review event just means ... kind of a broad " lets review what we got here " type of thing. Not actual game reviews.

Infamous I am sure is not ready for reviewing atm. Same with MGSV and most of the other games on that demo list.

I am a bit surprised and saddened that a new demo of DriveClub is not going to be at the event. It has looked so good lately. I want to see a new build demo.

coughlanio

You know, I'm getting pretty great value from this launch.

€499 is getting me:

• PS4
  • Extra Controller
  • PS4 Camera
  • Killzone: Shadowfall
  • Flower
  • Flow
  • Escape Plan
  • Sound Shapes
  • Resogun
  • Contrast
Out of those games I've only played Flower (picked up the other cross play titles in sales/on a whim before, but never played).

All for the price of an XBOX One.

i just realized how at the gate i figured i'd just get a ps4 and killzone to start off.

i now realize i have a ps4, killzone, knack, battlefield 4 (free with amazon b1g1), 30 day ps+, 12 month ps+, $10 store credit, 30 day music pass. not to mention ps3 crossover, f2p and PS+ games. all with launch day free shipping and no taxes on amazon.

woof. i feel like a prince.

Seriously, the month of PS+ and $10 is pretty sweet. Do not care about the music as I have Pandora and Spotify accounts. But couple this with the Target and Amazon sales, plus the cheaper asking price of $400 when I was expecting $500, this is probably the most "frugal" (if that term can be applied to 100's of dollars spent on videogames) launch I've been a part of.

Seriously can't wait. Hopefully Amazon has the games I want in stock, I bought 3 games at Target but in retrospect I really only want one of them. So if I can get the ones I want from Amazon (or Target - but their stock is really low) I'll be in great shape. Then just waiting for Gamestop BF and buying the PS+ cards.

DBT85

Lineup for the review event from Greg Miller:

sSBH6Cm.jpg

Ditto. I really just want to see of the game runs well.

Edit: Oh snap, Ground Zeroes in the house.

Ground Zeroes WHAT??

I'm assuming this hasn't been mentioned for next gen yet?

Question: I've owned this thing since PS3 launch and works flawless recharging both Sixaxis and Dualshock3.

818I65KQIAL._SL1500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/PS3-AC-Adaptor-Playstation-3/dp/B001KYV9AK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1265254124&sr=8-2&tag=hardfocom-20

Any idea if it'll work with Dualshock4?

Should work fine. DS4 can be charged from just about any USB source IIRC.

It has been announced for spring on ps3, ps4, 360 and xbone but I'm just surprised it will be at this event, is all.

That time to triangle at work again.

I bet with time it will take groups maybe 3-4 months to get a fully working, operating version of their game going this generation on the PS4. Less depending on what type of game it is.

We should see fairly new games ready for showcasing more often this time around. The time to triangle is more in the 1-2 month range, not the 8-12 month range it used to be as Cerny said awhile back.

Is octodad a launch game? That'll be the first thing I download if so (after the day one update, of course)

I'm disappointed that it wont be available at launch but since I'll get it for free with that 10 dollar code Sony is handing out, I can't complain. It just means I'll be getting it when I have time to play it.

Vizzeh

Banned
What is you guys opinion on the best place to get a ps4 before xmas in the UK? Game said phase 3 pre orders not confirmed before xmas yet (but likely could be)

Would amazon be likely? ...iv ofc got mine done as have alot mates also fellas I work with...but another non-gaming literate fella thinks he could have walked into the shop to get his sons around xmas, wanna give him a pointer.

Sugguestions? :)

jordn613

Unconfirmed Member
Two quick questions:

1. Will my Amazon PS4 console be shipped just the box of the PS4, or will it be in a second brown box to hide that it's the console?

2. Anyone know if there will be a bunch of demos on PSN on Friday? Any word on whether we'll be seeing more demos (closer to what Xbox Live has always offered) for the PS4?

DBT85

Did my part, and yes... that was a tasty fucking nail.

y0tp.jpg

Lovely size image lol.

I don;t understand how people have nail like that, it makes me shudder thinking about stuff touching that part of my finger.

Two quick questions:

1. Will my Amazon PS4 console be shipped just the box of the PS4, or will it be in a second brown box to hide that it's the console?

2. Anyone know if there will be a bunch of demos on PSN on Friday? Any word on whether we'll be seeing more demos (closer to what Xbox Live has always offered) for the PS4?

I imagine they'll all be extra boxed, no idea about demos.

I-hate-u

Like almost everyone who is posting here is buying Killzone with PS4. I know gaf doesn't represent the world but damn, Killzone attach ratio is going to be incredibly high.

jaypah

Two quick questions:

2. Anyone know if there will be a bunch of demos on PSN on Friday?

This is my two questions as well! I'm more concerned with facility tampering as my wife will be on deck to accept the package. As for the demos I wish we knew what would be up on the store day one, it would really help me settle what my launch day pick-ups will be.

Xclusion

Like almost everyone who is posting here is buying Killzone with PS4. I know gaf doesn't represent the world but damn, Killzone attach ratio is going to be incredibly high.

Yeah I went through about 5 pages in the PSN exchange thread and I didn't see one person that wasn't getting KIllzone SF

Found this amusing Amazon user review for KZ4

5.0 out of 5 stars Eat Tacos, Win Big November 10, 2013
By M. Strileckis
Format:Video Game
Fun: 5.0 out of 5 stars
A good buddy of mine won the Taco Bell contest and received his console early and purchased this game. Now, to be clear I haven't actually played it, as he would not let me inside his house. But, I watched from afar, standing just outside his bedroom window. I peered in and watched his face light up as he played. The lighting was amazing. The devastation he felt when he died was conveyed straight through the double pane window and directly into to my soul. It burnt, but it was a good burn. I felt alive.

By M. Strileckis
A good buddy of mine won the Taco Bell contest and received his console early and purchased this game. Now, to be clear I haven't actually played it, as he would not let me inside his house. But, I watched from afar, standing just outside his bedroom window. I peered in and watched his face light up as he played. The lighting was amazing. The devastation he felt when he died was conveyed straight through the double pane window and directly into to my soul. It burnt, but it was a good burn. I felt alive.

Lol awesome

dezzy8

By M. Strileckis

This man needs to write the next Quantic Dream game.

By M. Strileckis

i lol'ed

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition - PlayStation 4 Standard Edition ... is that new?? Just got a amazon email about this. Never heard of there being a ps4 version of this game...

I was pretty content with only having KZ and Resogun to play this weekend, now I'm starting to feel overwhelmed because of that Amazon deal. Now I also have BF4 and Knack coming.

I'm too giddy to control my emotions. It's not going to help all my games will be here before the system.

Top Bottom