• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Viral: Hadouken Cabs

Jazz-ism

Banned
If you mean the original Street Fighter, there's already an arcade perfect port in PS2's Capcom Classics Collection Volume 2 and PSP's Capcom Classics Collection Remixed.

Oh man, what if this is Street Fighter 1 HD?... The suspense is killing me...

nice try dog

that classics collection has input lag tho

fall back

mattp

my initial response is
!!!! SF5 ANNOUNCEMENT??

but let's be realistic here
its probably just sf4 or sf x tekken for ps4

yawn

KAL2006

Banned
I'd love a USF4 with SF2 HDR and Third Strike Online. Sell on disc as full price retail, and sell on PSN individualy. And make it in time for PS4 launch.

mattp

i feel like sony should be able to easily make them all work universally. i mean, they're essentially just just ds3 boards inside right?

it would be kind of nice if i could use my sf4 te stick and not have to buy a new one

KnuckaWut

uncle-sam-hat-with-money.jpg

Prelude.

I think you're reading too much into it. They're probably making several videogame-themed silly commercials, I don't think it's specifically related to SF.

I feel like people are missing the obvious Destruction Derby hint in there. It wouldn't make sense to put those words unless to tease us. I say street fighter, destruction derby reboot and crazy taxi hd to be showed at the ps launch event.

I believe.

Tik-Tok

I feel like people are missing the obvious Destruction Derby hint in there. It wouldn't make sense to put those words unless to tease us. I say street fighter, destruction derby reboot and crazy taxi hd to be showed at the ps launch event.

I believe.

I feel like you're desperately grasping at straws.

You are setting yourselves up for disappointment.

Its a port of capcoms shitty arcade cabinet ios game where you have to pay currency for credits to play.

Never put faith in capcom.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Its a port of capcoms shitty arcade cabinet ios game where you have to pay currency for credits to play.

I -seriously- doubt Sony would do some viral PS4 marketing for something like that. I expect a Ultra SF4 port.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
The car's reg is PS1994.

PlayStation didn't come out til 1995, right? Which SF game came out in 1994? Alpha? Super SF2 Turbo?

Edit - Super SF 2 Turbo came out '94. Alpha not til '95.
OT but is your avatar deerhoof?

I feel like you're desperately grasping at straws.
Of course the last part of my post was just me playing the "hyped" joke or w/e, but it's an undeniable reference to Destruction Derby to me, and considering that the game is 15 fucking years old, what sense would it make to mention something like that, and abobe all in a teaser about something? Maybe I'm missing something, as I am not a native speaker and maybe destruction derby is the name for actual motorsport events?

mattp

man, i reallllllllllllly hope capcom steals whatever technique arc is using for that new guilty gear game and uses it for sf5

Reversed

Street Driver.

omg at Maestro Shaval. SCE is surpassing themselves from their other good (yet "weird") marketing campaings.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Fingers crossed it means Sony is doing something like MS's short-lived Game Room as an emulation hub for classic arcade games on PS4, but actually doing it right and getting major draws like Capcom's 90s output, rather than just a stream of antiquated 80s Konami and Atari stuff.

vg260

I would agree it's something crappy like that.

Best I'm hoping for is a USF4 port.

I wonder if Sony is providing extra support/funding for USF4 and Injustice ports to lure the fighting fans away from KI.

Redhood

Hey if sony is moneyhatting a usf4 port then it should also be coming to vita!

I think this news is for something else entirely.

Jarate

Banned
Street Fighter 1 HD remake with 3d models

its probably just some type of port of US4 with exclustivity to PS4. I wouldnt be surprised if Microsoft didnt wanna competing brand like Street Fighter when it's trying really hard to push Killer Instinct

prwxv3

It would be pretty smart of Capcom to get a fighting game for PS4 near launch. Even a port could do pretty well.

Its definitely something PS4 related. If you look at the metadata associated with the website, you see 4theplayers tag, which is what sony is using to advertise for the ps4.

<meta property="og:description" content="Don’t just call a cab! Call Hadouken Cabs! Visit our website and let one of our operators take your request. Hadouken Cabs. Knocking the competition out since 1987. #4ThePlayers">

Neoxon

Don't forget Seth Killian also worked for Capcom and he's also at Sony now.
Not to mention Seth is still in good terms with Capcom (he left because he wanted to stay in America, despite a promotion he was offered that required him to move to Japan).

Hopefully it's a USF4 port.

Top Bottom