• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSVR Price: $399/399/£349/¥44,980, no camera/move, launching October

FHIZ

So let me get this straight, I can't pre order just the headset without the camera, controller and game?

What the fuck, Sony?

So let me get this straight, I can't pre order just the headset without the camera, controller and game?

What the fuck, Sony?

And now people are going to see the other side of the situation. The people who actually have this stuff and don't want to be stuck with bundle busllshit.

Sony needs to give us a non-bundle preorder fast!

Dweebo

Banned
Huge bummer that the headset on it's own is not available for preorder. Guess I'm returning this PS Move Controller and Camera i just got from Amazon that will be here today haha.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'm out if NA doesn't get non-bundles for preorder.

Kazer

"The core PS VR bundle, which has a suggested retail price of $399.99 USD / $549.99 CAD, is not available for pre-order."

GOD DAMNIT SONY!

Anastasis

Bundle only preorder smells of greed. Pretty frustrating for early adopters of move controllers and ps4 cameras.

On the other hand, it cuts down on confusion on what is actually needed for PSVR to function fully.

DirtyLarry

This preorder is going to determine whether I cancel Oculus or not.

I know Oculus is more powerful/flexible and I also believe it is going to have the better games. I however need to build a new PC to support Oculus. Something I am willing to do, but not in any huge rush to do.

If I can get a PS VR, I will cancel my Oculus preorder then wait until the holidays to build my new PC. This way I can ask for the PC components as X-Mas/Birthday presents from my loved ones (birthday is December 21st) and save myself some cash. Oculus might even be in stock again for Christmas. It also might not be. That is a risk I am willing to take.

I just really want to experience VR in some shape, form or fashion. And the PS VR is my easier entry into VR. I am still getting both Oculus and PSVR, it is just a matter of which one first. I would prefer PS VR first as that is the best route for my bank account and I also believe the best route from a strategic standpoint. I feel more confident being a Day 1 with PSVR than Oculus. Since the latter is part of the PC ecosystem I cannot help but feel there will be more kinks to iron out at launch. PS VR is part of the controlled PS4 system, so while it may not be as powerful, I do believe it will be more straightforward.

Decisions. Decisions. The status of this preorder will dictate those decisions.

Whoa whoa whoa what the actual fuck!? I just bought a camera and two move controllers based on their information... and then we can't preorder the actual package they fucking advertised?!

200.gif

get information. learn that i cant buy just the headset.

doby

So if you've already invested in the camera and moves you have to take the time to queue up for a midnight launch and likely come away empty handed if demand is high.

This is really unfair for those that have already part supported the tech with their wallets.

shuraiya

This whole PSVR nonsense has been a much bigger mess for me than anticipated. I placed an order on Amazon.co.uk, my first order on the site, using my amazon.com login info. Everything seemed fine and the order was accepted. About 24 hours later, I receive an email from Amazon.co.uk informing me that my account had been closed for one reason or another, and all my open orders had been cancelled. Of course this also meant that my Amazon.com account had also been cancelled. I called Amazon, wondering what the hell was happening. According to them, there were some issues with my payment, so my account was placed on hold. The account was reactivated without much hassle, the only problem being that all my open orders were still gone. I called Amazon again to complain about this, but all I was told was that I would need to place all the orders again, including all the ones that are currently sold out, the ones that received a 40% prime discount, and all the ones I no longer even remember. The only order I remember that pisses me off completely is Zero Time Dilemma plus the watch.

That's really shitty for all the people who've just gone out and bought move controllers and cameras etc. Really, really shitty Sony.
Of course it doesn't affect me but it's still really stupid.

enewtabie

I've been waiting two days to pre order the headset and now they just stick it in a bundle that I don't need. Guess I'll wait for the headset to be available later on . Bad move on their part.

This whole PSVR nonsense has been a much bigger mess for me than anticipated. I placed an order on Amazon.co.uk, my first order on the site, using my amazon.com login info. Everything seemed fine and the order was accepted. About 24 hours later, I receive an email from Amazon.co.uk informing me that my account had been closed for one reason or another, and all my open orders had been cancelled. Of course this also meant that my Amazon.com account had also been cancelled. I called Amazon, wondering what the hell was happening. According to them, there were some issues with my payment, so my account was placed on hold. The account was reactivated without much hassle, the only problem being that all my open orders were still gone. I called Amazon again to complain about this, but all I was told was that I would need to place all the orders again, including all the ones that are currently sold out, the ones that received a 40% prime discount, and all the ones I no longer even remember. The only order I remember that pisses me off completely is Zero Time Dilemma plus the watch.

Sucks for you, but that's more of an Amazon issue than a PSVR issue, isn't it? :S

doby

Was there really that much out cry that the camera wasn't part of the base SKU? The general consensus on here pre price reveal was that it should be but afterwards I didn't see that much moaning.

Maybe the retailers kicked off? but then again surely they stand to make more by selling everything seperatly anyway.

That's fucking bullshit. Looks like I'll just wait until I can buy the headset alone since I've had the camera since PS4 launch.

No matter, I have a Rift.

And fuck right off Sony.

Camera hasn't shipped so I can likely cancel that. I threw away receipt for move controllers already. GameStop will take the return without the receipt right?

Didn't we all know that there would be a bundle? I held off on buying a camera and the move controller because I knew a bundle would be cheaper. Also the regular headset preorder should be following after the bundle.

crimnos

Are you kidding me? My camera arrives today and I already own a move set. I can see having both bundles, but just the full one for preorder? Big mis-step.

Top Bottom