• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSVR Price: $399/399/£349/¥44,980, no camera/move, launching October

How long before the Playstation 5 is released? We're already into the PS4's third year and the PS3 had an uninterrupted seven year life cycle. Can we expect to see the PS5 releasing in 2020?

I guess the point I'm trying to make is whether there will be enough time left in the PS4's life cycle before quality VR games are released, if this does indeed take off. Can we expect a game akin to the quality of Metal Gear Solid 1 being released for PSVR, or do gamers need to pare down their expectations to something more on the level of Soul Reaver or Red Faction?

Where's North American preorders, precious?

vUjXzb3.gif

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Is there any info on exactly how IPD adjustment will work?

I know that it's a system software setting, and saved to your PSN ID.

But I wonder...might it be possible to help someone who is wearing the set to adjust the IPD via the TV? Like if I put this headset on my Dad, and he hadn't a clue how to change the setting with the controller...could I adjust it for him until he tells me that it's good?

Maybe for users like this it would be even better would be a voice controlled setup. So it would show you different options - ala a visit to the optometrist - and you could just say which one is better.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what's involved in the process and overthinking it as a result, but I just wonder about the friction of setting up a person to try it out properly.

On a side note, are they adjusting IPD for journalists before each demo? Or just using a standard guess and hoping for the best?

doby

I have a projector setup, so the camera needs to sit pretty far away from the hardware. If I can daisy chain extensions that's... Well much better than right now, at least.

If you daisy chain the 2 meter extension cables the camera will no longer be recognised. You can use 1 extension cable, but not 2.

gossi

There is no chance they would list it over the weekend, right?
Is today the last day that it can show up on Amazon before Monday?

They can list it when they want, for North America. Nobody knows what is going on. From their POV it will sell buckets whenever they go on preorders.

Smidget

I have a projector setup, so the camera needs to sit pretty far away from the hardware. If I can daisy chain extensions that's... Well much better than right now, at least.

I'm having the same setup questions. Seems like extending it twice won't work and I'm not sure where to place it anyways. On the center speaker?

I'm having the same setup questions. Seems like extending it twice won't work and I'm not sure where to place it anyways. On the center speaker?

Mine is on my centre speaker, works fine. I tried it on the top of the TV, thinking I might get one of the mounting clips, but it was too high.

I wouldn't worry too much if a pre-order is made prior to E3.

I'm not - ordered at 11:01 yesterday so I'm good.

But I've seen estimate shipping dates shift towards early November for Amazon UK earlier in this thread.

So just saying those that do order from Amazon UK - not to expect a launch unit

Stike

I own the pulse elites, I'm well aware you can plug them into a standard headphone jack. That wasn't what I was asking.

But this fact pretty much includes the answer.
You can use pretty much any 3.5mm audio jack headset for use with PSVR as long as you plug it into the PSVR cable remote in order to gain the 3D-processed sound.

Hasney

Sorry, I'm in Sweden.

No need to apologise, I'm sure it's a lovely place!

I know what you meant ;)

I own the pulse elites, I'm well aware you can plug them into a standard headphone jack. That wasn't what I was asking.

I doubt you can use them wirelessly other than finding a way to power the dongle and connect the dongle 3.5mm jack into the headset. It's not been completely debunked, but if the 3D audio processing is done on the VR box then sent to the headset, I'd assume that's the only place the audio is sent. Plugging the dongle into the PS4 would probably give you the social screen audio.

What? There are several.

Evolution Studios
Polyphony Digital
Namco (Ace Combat)
Konami (Summer Lesson)
Crytek
Guerilla Cambridge
Media Molecule

Ubisoft and Supermassive as well, and Insomniac has a game for Oculus. Capcom did that Kitchen demo. Tekken 7 will also have VR support of some kind. And it would be silly to handwave what DICE is doing with Battlefront.

Top Bottom