• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Ducarmel

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/news.asp?nid=158

Cauchemar LS is interesting, but I think its incredibly dumb it has to be different Astaroth evo when he is evolved.

His leader skill should be activated with any Astaroth card on the team, or he has a different leader skill depending which Astaroth is used. I hope whoever is governing the gatcha laws are watching this closely.

Ducarmel

I know it does not break anything, and it is higly unlikely he will be used as a leader. But what if you just happen to like healer astorath over the attacker one and mostly have healer friends.

The better solution would have been for two busties I realized he loses all his rcv when he evolves.

It should be one for each Astorath type, one would have more rcv less atk, and the other more atk and no rcv.

So I guess I should be farming these Kobokkles to skill up my Drawn Joker.

Right now I'm running

Red Sonia
Drawn Joker
Lilith
Minerva
Tiamat (until I get a King Baddie)

What monsters should I be prioritizing right now? I still need to skill up most of these guys, they're all awakened though. At what point can I start doing descends? I also have a Duke Vampire Lord to slot into this team.

I know it does not break anything, and it is higly unlikely he will be used as a leader. But what if you just happen to like healer astorath over the attacker one and mostly have healer friends.

The better solution would have been for two busties I realized he loses all his rcv when he evolves.

It should be one for each Astorath type, one would have more rcv less atk, and the other more atk and no rcv.
I'm confused. Is this not essentially how it works now? If you want to use healer Astaroth you just don't evolve Cauchemar. To me it feels like the same result as two busties, but it cuts out the extra evo.

Ducarmel

I'm confused. Is this not essentially how it works now? If you want to use healer Astaroth you just don't evolve Cauchemar. To me it feels like the same result as two busties, but it cuts out the extra evo.

But you don't get his awakenings.

Anybody has Red Odin I want to beat challenge mode hera

368 865 267 ducrml@gaf

Althane

Great that we got a skill up mob for Shiva. Too bad that its drop rates are apparently terrible...

I haven't gotten one yet. T_T

almost have all the materials for Awoken Minerva (whenever that one drops). Need two more levels on my backup Hera-ur (not feeding my high level one that I want to make a dancin' queen), a red dragon fruit and (the bane of my existence) a dark power orb.

is my best bet just to save pal points? Because the last few times the dark orb has fallen on *extremely hard* descends.

Jonsoncao

Banned
almost have all the materials for Awoken Minerva (whenever that one drops). Need two more levels on my backup Hera-ur (not feeding my high level one that I want to make a dancin' queen), a red dragon fruit and (the bane of my existence) a dark power orb.

is my best bet just to save pal points? Because the last few times the dark orb has fallen on *extremely hard* descends.

Spent 4 stones on getting the dark orb during the Zeus Vulcan dungeon last week...probably totaled 15 runs (together with the stamina refresh on leveling up), not to mention 3 or 4 out of which, I failed at the 1st floor...

I'd say if you have a stable farming team for descends, counting on the Chinese girls invading is definitely much reliable than counting on getting one from the PEM. Based on my personal experience, I only got a blue orb from 100+ PEM pulls.

Spent 4 stones on getting the dark orb during the Zeus Vulcan dungeon last week...probably totaled 15 runs (together with the stamina refresh on leveling up), not to mention 3 or 4 out of which, I failed at the 1st floor...

I'd say if you have a stable farming team for descends, counting on the Chinese girls invading is definitely much reliable than counting on getting one from the PEM. Based on my personal experience, I only got a blue orb from 100+ PEM pulls.

I have great teams for farming some descends (Light focused Kirin Team, Dark Focused Ronia Team, LTron healer team) it just seems like my teams get hard countered by whatever dungeon is up for the Dark Orb.

Maybe next event...

Hey all! Specific request: Could someone who has a Green Odin please friend me? Need a little help with dmg reduction. Please and thank you!
3AQmK.gif

367 533 336

Any other awesome high level dark gods would be appreciated as well.

razterik

Hey all! Specific request: Could someone who has a Green Odin please friend me? Need a little help with dmg reduction. Please and thank you!
3AQmK.gif

367 533 336

Any other awesome high level dark gods would be appreciated as well.

Sent. Put up Odin in my second slot if you need it right now. I don't usually have him up, but I will try to respond to requests.

razterik

Huh, is that how it works? Never payed attention. Well, swapped Odin to lead slot then.

All these extra features are so poorly documented.

Tobe

so, we need to stock up on a lot of material for the shinrabansho. dammit ive been playing non iap quite a few months now but im tempted to iap just to skill up so many dudes.

razterik

Probably about an 8 for difficulty. I only see one or two rarely. But he pairs really well with Light Tron and her active heal.

Jagernaut

Next event:

*5MM Downloads Event Part 1*
[Duration]: 10/9 (Thurs), 12:00 AM - 10/22 (Wed), 11:59 PM (PDT)

Our newest event is of continental proportions! Puzzle & Dragons has reached a total of 5 million downloads from North America alone!

If there was ever a time to pull out all the stops, here it is. We hope you enjoy all that we’ve lined up for you. And be sure to stay tuned for more--there’s a part two to this event!

■① Daily Log-in Bonuses
10/9 - 10/13 - 1 free Magic Stone & 1 free TAMADRA
10/14 - 10/15 - 1 free Magic Stone
*Bonuses will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PDT) the following day.

■② Gifts Aplenty
New gift dungeons are always a treat! The monsters in these dungeons may not enjoy being gift-wrapped though, so don’t be surprised if these dungeons are unexpectedly difficult!

10/9 - 10/15 - A Gift from the Holy Beasts
*Please note that ‘A Gift from the Holy Beasts’ has a stamina cost of 50. If you do not meet the stamina requirements this dungeon will not display in the client.

■③ Wealth and Splendor
How do you like your Jewel and Metal dragons? We like them widely available for all, so this event offers an extended duration of Tower of Jewels!

10/13 - 10/17 - Tower of Jewels

■④ Special Event Dungeon Schedule
*The Spirit Jewels are active from 10/13 to 10/22! See here for details: http://on.fb.me/1swdWlb
10/9 - Dragon Zombie
10/10 - Beelzebub Descended!
10/11 - RO ACE Collab
10/11 - The Goddess Descended!
10/12 - Zeus-Dios Descended!
10/13 - Hera-Ur Descended!
10/14 - Hera-Is Descended!
10/15 - Hera-Sowilo Descended!

■⑤Awesome Daily Bonuses
Pal Egg Event:
10/9 - 10/15 - Jewel/Metal King Dragons

1.5x Drops for Normal Dungeons
- Use this bonus to clear the Normal dungeons and aim for Divine Queen’s Sleepless Castle!

1.5x chance for 'GREAT!' or 'SUPER!!' EXP Gain
2x King appearance rates for the Metal and Jewel Dragons
2x Skill Up rate
2x Drops for the Daily Special Dungeons
2x Coins for the Weekend Dungeon

*Events subject to change without notice or compensation - see event policy here:http://tinyurl.com/cj7zu4t

Ducarmel

I did not expect A Gift from the Holy Beasts so fast and before A Gift from the World Tree.

Glad there are no descends I want to do during part 1, I can focus on farming Shiva skill ups.

Also 1.5x drop for normal dungeon for a week is nice but iirc last time they did that we got 1/2 stamina for coin dungeon what gives?

I hope it happens in part 2.

razterik

No 5x tech or 1.5x spirit jewels? Weak.

Might farm the new normal dungeons a bit on 1.5x and see how the plus rate goes.

Jagernaut

I've cleared all those descends, just need 3 red jewels for Hera Ur's ultimate evolution. I hope they are in Hera Sowilo's dungeon this time.

I'm so ready for Valkyrie. I really need to get rid of all the Drops taking up my box space. I hope my Lu Bu team can handle it.

smbu2000

Is your account a JP one? In the upcoming Famitsu weekly magazine, it includes a code to get a dark power orb, if you buy it.

I usually pick up one of the Famitsu App magazines, the last one had a code for a light power orb and a green power orb. I guess when I power up my recently acquired Athena, I can use them.

Is your account a JP one? In the upcoming Famitsu weekly magazine, it includes a code to get a dark power orb, if you buy it.

I usually pick up one of the Famitsu App magazines, the last one had a code for a light power orb and a green power orb. I guess when I power up my recently acquired Athena, I can use them.

Us account, I'm going to have to farm the gift from heaven dungeon for a dark one. My third red one for dancing hera-ur can wait until the next dungeon invade.

Ducarmel

My goodness

Any of you jp PAD players getting successful runs in Challenge Dungeon, any of you even made it to 10

Watching various stream and video, I don't know if I could get pass 6-7 without stoning.

J0dy77

I did not expect A Gift from the Holy Beasts so fast and before A Gift from the World Tree.

Glad there are no descends I want to do during part 1, I can focus on farming Shiva skill ups.

Also 1.5x drop for normal dungeon for a week is nice but iirc last time they did that we got 1/2 stamina for coin dungeon what gives?

I hope it happens in part 2.

This will be the first and only Spirit Jewel I've seen. I refuse to dump stones trying to farm these things. With the rumors for 4% drop rate on highest difficulty, that is just abysmal.

Now I need to figure out which color is worth getting.

This will be the first and only Spirit Jewel I've seen. I refuse to dump stones trying to farm these things. With the rumors for 4% drop rate on highest difficulty, that is just abysmal.

Well based on the last few events, Dark orbs have been during harder descends (things like Zues Dios, Zues Vulcan, Hera Rush, God Ruch and Heracles).

They are all useful though. the worst problem is that you always need more than 1 to evolve ANYTHING.

If you have the rest of Team Athena (Genbu, Izanagi, Apollo) I'd recommend picking up her mats as she is currently the most popular orbable monster on my jp friends list. Part of it's because I went on a mass friending spree a few days ago but even ignoring that

They have a 100% drop rate since they are invades. The number I see thrown around is ~15% invade rate for mythical descends.

I'm in the same boat with trying to decide which one to try for though. Haven't looked into the ult evos that require them since you pretty much have to stone for stamina to farm 50 stamina descends and I don't IAP. Maybe when 5 min/stam arrives…

Althane

Yeah, I'm not gonna stone for the Shiva skill-ups. I usually only need it at the end of the dungeon, and I can stall reasonably well with a monored team and my devil team.

Still, if I could get just one, it'd be nice...

J0dy77

What's everyone's take on Emperor Masterion? Low RCV but feel like he could be really strong as a sub if you take the time to get his Gravity to turn 12. Throw him on a high skill awakening team and he could really make some of the shorter dungeons easier.

Not sure if its worth stoning for Star Vault. I only have 106 stamina so I'd only be getting 3 runs per stone. It's tempting, but I may just run it with saved stamina and see how that goes.

star vault at 9pm, and I am 15k away from a level up. that SHOULD be four runs and then a level up.

I just wish it was slightly earlier so I didn't have to burn some stamina...

Cels

got my U&Y evolved and at an ok level, i think using him is the most fun i've had in the game.

currently my team is: awoken hera-is, d/b vamp, b/l siegfried, g/r cu chu.

i'm non-IAP so i don't really have the best choices of subs. i really want bodin or yomi to take the team into a row-enhanced focused direction but no luck at REM.

i also have orochi, hello kitty I&I, and berry dragon for a blue row team, and godin for stat stick purposes

Hige

Well based on the last few events, Dark orbs have been during harder descends (things like Zues Dios, Zues Vulcan, Hera Rush, God Rush and Heracles).
The dark jewel was available during Athena Descended during this last event, which is an easier descend for most teams. I'm sure it will land on an easier descend again by the time we get Minerva's new evo.

I don't know if this is a 7.2 thing only, but you know how you can make Kagatsuchi speed farming go even faster by pre-moving the orb? Apparently if you let go of the orb at just the right moment it will actually move and you can get a free orb swap against the next wave. Probably slower for speed farming though cause you have to move another orb for the thing to go.

Hige

Hm, are you sure about it being a "free swap"? You can do it with Echidna too, but I'm 99% sure the turn timers go down. You can hold an orb before her leader skill animation triggers and drop the orb ahead of time as long as it's only in a spot directly up/down/left/right from where the orb was picked up, no turning motions.

razterik

Challenge Level 6, ghetto Kirin version. Even if it's no RCV, I'm damn pleased I no stoned this when half my team is below level 50.

Not going any higher. The rest are quite bonkers without the exact right squads.

Whoa, DC comics collab. That's cool, even if it won't be exclusive. I guess the Batman collab did well for them.

Hm, are you sure about it being a "free swap"? You can do it with Echidna too, but I'm 99% sure the turn timers go down. You can hold an orb before her leader skill animation triggers and drop the orb ahead of time as long as it's only in a spot directly up/down/left/right from where the orb was picked up, no turning motions.
Yeah, what I'm talking about is a variation of that trick. If you release your finger before the orb starts floating, and if timed right the orb will actually set instead of remain floating as the floor transition animation plays.

Top Bottom