• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

J0dy77

ih7B5lw.jpg

From: http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/archive/index.php?thread-58717.html

Superman should be the strongest.

Well color me extremely excited. I'm a superman nut, must have him.

39 runs
64 +eggs
1.64 +eggs per run

Still trailing far behind other players' +egg rates in that dungeon. Still not bad for less stones than it takes for a single REM pull, though.

My quickest team is LTron matched with another LTron or Valk. When I ran out of helpers, I switched out to D/W Batman, who pairs with D/W Batman, DQ Hera, Lu Bu, or Ronia. I probably could've gotten a couple more runs in if I didn't bother to overkill with FA Luci's skill after a triple orb change on the boss round.

I had plenty of helpers to last with Batman, but I prepped a third Athena team just in case, since I also had a bunch of friends running her.

Ducarmel

I wonder if they would introduce another Batman character in the DC Comics Collab. I guess they could go with Batwomen instead.

Decided to go for Star Vault since stoning once allowed me to level up. Ended up with 16 +eggs in 9 runs. Only one run didn't drop any.

Any reason to bother with Light Zhuge as a leader if I get a Light Metatron?
I prefer LTron in general, but I think Zhuge still serves other purposes.

LTron pros:

1) It's easier to stay above 50% health than at full HP, and it'll be even easier with LTron's HP boost.

2) Following the first point, LTron's HP boost multiplies with a friend LTron for an even bigger boost.

3) LTron is bind immune, which is great for a leader. But her active and one of her awakenings also let you unbind other team members. That's a powerful combination. Oh and her active also heals you, which can put you above the 50% threshold even against enemies that attack every turn. Oh and you can skill it up to an amazing 6CD. Oh and double that with another LTron helper!

Zhuge pros

1) He is better for sheer offense. 4x ATK, double TPA, orb enhance and row boost make Zhuge's burst potential much higher than LTron's. Raph > Valk > Zhuge > King Shynee/Sandalphon = GG.

2) Skill bind resist

If I just wanted to power through a dungeon, I'd take Zhuge. You can also compromise by using Zhuge with an LTron helper (which there are plenty more of than Zhuge helpers). You give up a little ATK multplier and a row boost for LTron's versatility. LTron can unbind your Zhuge if he gets bound.

I prefer LTron in general, but I think Zhuge still serves other purposes.

LTron pros:

1) It's easier to stay above 50% health than at full HP, and it'll be even easier with LTron's HP boost.

2) Following the first point, LTron's HP boost multiplies with a friend LTron for an even bigger boost.

3) LTron is bind immune, which is great for a leader. But her active and one of her awakenings also let you unbind other team members. That's a powerful combination. Oh and her active also heals you, which can put you above the 50% threshold even against enemies that attack every turn. Oh and you can skill it up to an amazing 6CD. Oh and double that with another LTron helper!

Zhuge pros

1) He is better for sheer offense. 4x ATK, double TPA, orb enhance and row boost make Zhuge's burst potential much higher than LTron's. Raph > Valk > Zhuge > King Shynee/Sandalphon = GG.

2) Skill bind resist

If I just wanted to power through a dungeon, I'd take Zhuge. You can also compromise by using Zhuge with an LTron helper (which there are plenty more of than Zhuge helpers). You give up a little ATK multplier and a row boost for LTron's versatility. LTron can unbind your Zhuge if he gets bound.

Hmm... If I do get both I guess I would invest in both, but probably Ltron first. Thanks.

12 runs, 2 stones, 25 plus eggs. Actually 3 stones. Had gotten 3 in one run but boss killed me and there wasn't enough time to run it again.

razterik

Hadar if you run dark teams and lack other orb enhancers. Also a good stat stick.

Canopus if you favor green dragon teams. God typing doesn't help much when Athena does his role and better.

44 runs of Starry, 57 plus eggs. Ugh, terrible.

Good news: got 11 +eggs without stoning and I'm inching closer to my first 297
by reaching 99 hp and 97 atk

Bad news:
I'm stuck on 79 rcv

razterik

So 1.5x doesn't cover the new normal dungeons. C'mon, JP already runs these with boosted rates on weekends. What a waste.

colinp

Banned
Hmmm, should I reverse my Warded Storm God Susano and turn him into the Demon Slayer? Might be kind of interesting running an attacker farm team.

7 entries into the new gift dungeon (stoned twice) burned through all my friend leaders. No Haku...

Now I wait. I'm out of leaders anyway.

Ducarmel

Finally got all 5 mech dragons. Ok, which Ultimate Voltron Dragon is worth getting?

If your going to busty one for example Hadar make sure to get 4 more for awakenings, if you feed them before you evolve him he will have all four of his awakenings when you busty him.

edit: got light orb needed either green or another red one, 50 stamina is little to much for me hunt the one I want.

Cels

news says normal dungeons 1.5x for the event duration but legendary dragons footprints doesnt show 1.5x

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Got one of those blue orbs, very happy. Was scared it would take a few resets to get the blue one to show up but it popped first.

Also, I run a DQXQ team but got Lmeta last godfest. Any good team suggestions there? I like the fact that she can get to a decent multiplier without needing the color restrictions. Can she do the higher descends or should I stick with DQXQ?
(I really like the hp boost she is gonna get)
I have an Idunn too, help.

3 for 15 on Lilith skillups. I haven't gotten any healer drops on the new dungeons yet so I'm not sure how viable that will be to finish her off.

Also, for anyone tight on box space, my tamadra was in the first piece of mail. I assume its the same for everybody.

Ducarmel

Got one of those blue orbs, very happy. Was scared it would take a few resets to get the blue one to show up but it popped first.

Also, I run a DQXQ team but got Lmeta last godfest. Any good team suggestions there? I like the fact that she can get to a decent multiplier without needing the color restrictions. Can she do the higher descends or should I stick with DQXQ?
(I really like the hp boost she is gonna get)
I have an Idunn too, help.

If you want some sort of idea what she can do go to padx and click the dungeon you want to see if it was cleared by DQXQ. Go to team build selection scroll down and click the link under Related Youtube JP Results, it leads to a youtube search

Alternative way is to copy select the dungeons Japanese name and search it on youtube. But you have to use quotation marks to get better results which pdx already does for you

Now go to DQXQ padx entry and select/copy her Japanese name, then go to the youtube search result put her name next the the dungeon search result, make sure there is a space between the dungean name and DQXQ name, then search it you should get results.

example Izanami Descended! mythical

dungeon name
"イザナミ 降臨!" 超地獄級 凛聖の双華神・大喬&小喬

Evolved DQXQ name
凛聖の双華神・大喬&小喬

The you tube search result should look like this

"イザナミ 降臨!" 超地獄級 凛聖の双華神・大喬&小喬

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query="イザナミ+降臨!"+超地獄級+凛聖の双華神・大喬&小喬

Sometimes its not perfect in this example there are DQXQ results but not many videos of Izanami Descended! clears by DQXQ only one on the first page and not a good quality video. The player does use L.Meta as a sub on this run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG2HtMrBFcc

Is there a more reliable (read: practically surefire) way to get normal Dragon Fruits than the stupid Thursday dungeon? Spending 10 stamina for a 1/3 shot at getting one at the end of a trash dungeon is just such a waste.

Ducarmel

With 1.5 on Tower to the Sky Beautiful Being is a decent place to get them, better exp and a decent chance to get some plus eggs.

Dragon Fruit still not a guaranteed drop so you will probably have to do a few runs.

damisa

Is there a more reliable (read: practically surefire) way to get normal Dragon Fruits than the stupid Thursday dungeon? Spending 10 stamina for a 1/3 shot at getting one at the end of a trash dungeon is just such a waste.

I wish I can give you some, I had like 50 at one point before feeding some for experience

Jagernaut

Can you run Trifruits? I've gotten a lot of dragon fruits there while farming for Ronia skillups.

With 1.5 on Tower to the Sky Beautiful Being is a decent place to get them, better exp and a decent chance to get some plus eggs.

Dragon Fruit still not a guaranteed drop so you will probably have to do a few runs.

I wish I can give you some, I had like 50 at one point before feeding some for experience

Can you run Trifruits? I've gotten a lot of dragon fruits there while farming for Ronia skillups.
Not there yet, I'd settle for one at this point, and doubtful since it's "Mythical" difficulty.

Which brings up something else: is there a resource to look at team builds other than PADX? Specifically, for non-IAP players still coming up? You look up a dungeon there, then click on the team build section and become instantly overwhelmed with people's "recommended" teams that happen to be full lineups of fully evolved REM gods, sometimes with multiples. Some of the other resources I've seen posted do a better job at being less REM -centric, but not by much.

For example: I see by the schedule that "Goddess Descended" is coming up, which is the only way outside of REM to get a Valkyrie. Valkyrie's evolved form happens to be the leader lynchpin of a Healer team, which according to what I've read is one of the easier teams to put together for early players, since most of the monsters on it (including Valkyrie) are farmable. So obviously, I'm interested in getting a Valkyrie, since I already have most of the components for a Healer team except her, and even though it's a "Mythical/Legendary" dungeon I'd like to attempt if I can. So, I click on the team build section to see what sort of teams can run "Goddess Descended" and.... Lu Bu. Ronia. Awoken Zeus. Awoken Hera. Haku. Lucifer. And so it goes.

pad.wikia.com tries to throw a few bones to non iap players for team builds.

Goddess Descended in general is not an easy dungeon though and was at one point considered the most difficult dungeon in the game. If you have a padherder post your box and we can try to lab out a team for you (or tell you you are not ready).

Ducarmel

Well Terra Battle is out now. Time to run the reset marathon in yet another dragonesque

How rerolling/resetting works?

I know the most sought out cards are SS, the first two guys I got were both B, is that when I quite and try again or is there some free gatcha I have to do.

I did some pact of truth thing and got a SS card Samantha.

How rerolling/resetting works?

I know the most sought out cards are SS, the first two guys I got were both B, is that when I quite and try again or is there some free gatcha I have to do.
First two pulls are always fixed at B rank; pick up your day 1 login bonus and roll the gacha after the tutorial to try to get an SS, which is purportedly a 5% pull rate. Current meta claims that healer SSes are the most desirable.

Edit: guess you figured it out on your own.

First two pulls are always fixed at B rank; pick up your day 1 login bonus and roll the gacha after the tutorial to try to get an SS, which is purportedly a 5% pull rate. Current meta claims that healer SSes are the most desirable.

Edit: guess you figured it out on your own.

God that tutorial takes a long time. Is SS healer the only one to shoot for or is there a good resource to look at for leaders? I noticed that GAF doesn't have a thread yet.

StMeph

Not there yet, I'd settle for one at this point, and doubtful since it's "Mythical" difficulty.

Which brings up something else: is there a resource to look at team builds other than PADX? Specifically, for non-IAP players still coming up? You look up a dungeon there, then click on the team build section and become instantly overwhelmed with people's "recommended" teams that happen to be full lineups of fully evolved REM gods, sometimes with multiples. Some of the other resources I've seen posted do a better job at being less REM -centric, but not by much.

For example: I see by the schedule that "Goddess Descended" is coming up, which is the only way outside of REM to get a Valkyrie. Valkyrie's evolved form happens to be the leader lynchpin of a Healer team, which according to what I've read is one of the easier teams to put together for early players, since most of the monsters on it (including Valkyrie) are farmable. So obviously, I'm interested in getting a Valkyrie, since I already have most of the components for a Healer team except her, and even though it's a "Mythical/Legendary" dungeon I'd like to attempt if I can. So, I click on the team build section to see what sort of teams can run "Goddess Descended" and.... Lu Bu. Ronia. Awoken Zeus. Awoken Hera. Haku. Lucifer. And so it goes.

It's more that the core players' teams have grown over the years along with the game through free REM pulls and Descendeds clears.

For a new player, you may want to look for sources or resources at least a year old to find older builds/strategies to tackle the first tier of Descendeds (Hera, Zeus, Two Heroes, Valkyrie). Everyone was there at some point, but now there are just WAY more options, especially as power creep (Awakenings for all, newer/better Leaders) change up team builds and compositions.

God that tutorial takes a long time. Is SS healer the only one to shoot for or is there a good resource to look at for leaders? I noticed that GAF doesn't have a thread yet.
I'm just reading impressions on Something Awful (thread, if they're not behind a paywall currently) from people who played the Canadian version. Afaik since there are no leader skills getting monsters with good skills (like healing) are what to look out for.

Similar info in this post:
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=133536662

Time to move discussion there I guess.

OK Goddess descended is probably the toughest of the "Tier 1" descends. And with the rest of the tier 1 descends becoming standard dungeons it will be slightly easier to get with a non-IAP team.

If I were in your shoes, I would post your current box so that we can see where you are Leader wise to offer suggestions on teams. A surprising amount of VERY effective teams for the normal dungeons are non-IAP. We can also help you trouble shoot using less "popular" REM pulls that are still effective.

Ducarmel

^Feed to whoever you use the most leader or sub.

2/9 on E Apollo
2/9 on Masterion
1/10 on Lakshmi

2/3 on Shiva skill ups feel good about that but I guess that means I will not get any more dragon stones or I wont get any more Shiva skills ups until the next time the collab comes back.

Narras

Which brings up something else: is there a resource to look at team builds other than PADX? Specifically, for non-IAP players still coming up?

Besides looking around online, you could ask here for some team compositions. Everyone in this thread is pretty helpful in giving advice or lending out friend requests if you're in need of a good friend leader.

Also, I will say it is tough as a non-IAP player starting to reach the points of descended dungeons. A good first roll really begins to shine when you get to this point. Even now, I mainly run a non-IAP Valkyrie healer team since it's the best team I have. I kept a bad first roll so my progression went something like starter dragon team>ADK Dragon Team>Cu Chu Balanced Team>Valkyrie Healer Team. Before I even got Hera, my best monster was a Siren. LOL

pad.wikia.com tries to throw a few bones to non iap players for team builds.

Goddess Descended in general is not an easy dungeon though and was at one point considered the most difficult dungeon in the game. If you have a padherder post your box and we can try to lab out a team for you (or tell you you are not ready).

It's more that the core players' teams have grown over the years along with the game through free REM pulls and Descendeds clears.

For a new player, you may want to look for sources or resources at least a year old to find older builds/strategies to tackle the first tier of Descendeds (Hera, Zeus, Two Heroes, Valkyrie). Everyone was there at some point, but now there are just WAY more options, especially as power creep (Awakenings for all, newer/better Leaders) change up team builds and compositions.

OK Goddess descended is probably the toughest of the "Tier 1" descends. And with the rest of the tier 1 descends becoming standard dungeons it will be slightly easier to get with a non-IAP team.

If I were in your shoes, I would post your current box so that we can see where you are Leader wise to offer suggestions on teams. A surprising amount of VERY effective teams for the normal dungeons are non-IAP. We can also help you trouble shoot using less "popular" REM pulls that are still effective.
Looking at the team builds on Wikia, I don't have anything close to a team that can tackle the Valkyrie dungeon then.

And I'm not sure how to post my monster box. The only god I have is War Deity Minerva, and my starter pull was a Fairlio (now an Angelion) that I kept because had I known about the "delete/reinstall" trick when I started playing I would have been just as likely to uninstall for good at that early stage. I only started playing again because of the BAO collab. For team leader I usually cycle between Minerva or the resist dragons. I've been trying to make a team around Kamui since I got one from REM but apparently balance monsters that don't totally suck are rare outside of REM or collabs.

Did you pull any gold eggs from the BAO collab gacha? The two super rare batmen from there have decent leader skills that can probably eventually kill Valkyrie.

If you have any magic stones saved up I would recommend holding on to them for the upcoming players choice carnival, which will give you an okay shot at scoring a great leader.

padherder.com is a fairly popular way for players to keep track of and share their boxes. In some situations you can even have it automatically sync up your accounts.

BAO collab pulls gave me two Robins and three Catwomen, I think. Used up every stone I had or could get and got zero Bats.

I play on my tablet, but I'll see what I can do when I get home.

SaintR

You can post your box by taking screenshots on your phone and uploading the pictures to imgur.com

Example:

oU7aKtT.jpg
Dat triple wielding Ronia...

Also guys out of the Riders which would you ult eco. I ult Arthur cause I was running out of my box space weeks earlier and now I'm getting into the same issue. I'm looking at Finn since I use Zeus Strat on my Ronia teams and dual wielding prongs sounds like an excellent backup.

Top Bottom